View Poll Results: I want these features added

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • GeoCaching - Users can share GPS COORDINATES for GEOCHACE

    9 29.03%
  • Automatic Trapster Downloads and Zone Updates - (INTERNET REQUIRED)

    15 48.39%
  • Stand Alone Version - Not Dependent on RR for anything

    9 29.03%
  • Skinnable Stand Alone Version

    12 38.71%
  • Import Speed Zones to Garmin POI

    11 35.48%
  • More RR integration (Indicators, Label Codes & what ever)

    16 51.61%
  • Dynamic Settings Changer

    7 22.58%
  • Works while GPS Screen is active in RR

    16 51.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 130

Thread: SpeedZone w/GPS Position Alarm - GPS POSITION TRIGGER - 28SEP09

  1. #81
    One Sharp Cheddar ThunderStick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    West Allis, WI
    Posts
    1,660
    I think I may have found the issues.. Not sure when this started but give me some time on this one.

    In the mean time set your GPS comport correctly in RR as well. You will need to use a comport splitter such as XPORT.
    It should work then.
    Ill report back soon with a fixed version.
    New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
    New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
    "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

  2. #82
    One Sharp Cheddar ThunderStick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    West Allis, WI
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonBaller View Post
    Sorry haven't had the time until now.
    I went over all the settings and install instructions, everything looks fine.

    Still the same thing. Speedzone starts, opens the GPS app, and then comes back with that "-1....." error. Thats when the Speedlimit.exe app terminates.

    As you say i can send you a copy of my whole RR folder. Problem is that is 108MB. Maybe i should send you an email with an FTP link where you can download it. Yea its big, but everything in there is needed. I even cut down the zones files to only 100 entries for testing.
    if your profile supports emailing, i will send you my FTP and email details.
    Found problem, will update first post after build
    It was a problem with the GeoGate.. GO FIGURE
    CHECK FIRST POST FOR FIXED VERSION
    New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
    New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
    "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

  3. #83
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderStick View Post
    Found problem, will update first post after build
    It was a problem with the GeoGate.. GO FIGURE
    Yea...now its working.
    - Ok so Jun17 exe, still throws the error.
    - The May1 exe works no problems so far. (speedlimit.exe v3.2.8.1)

    So looks like a bug starting from your June release.

    PS
    i am using XPort and also tried direct comm to it.
    Same results.

  4. #84
    One Sharp Cheddar ThunderStick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    West Allis, WI
    Posts
    1,660
    I foudn the bug, check first post in later on to download the fixed version.

    GEO GATE issue.
    New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
    New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
    "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

  5. #85
    One Sharp Cheddar ThunderStick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    West Allis, WI
    Posts
    1,660
    OK Bugs fixed and new version uploaded...
    New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
    New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
    "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

  6. #86
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderStick View Post
    OK Bugs fixed and new version uploaded...
    Well...i just updated and tested with the full Aug 12 release.
    The error is still there.

    So again i put the May1 Speedlimit.exe back in, and no problems.

  7. #87
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    128
    However....for the May1 exe.

    As soon as i exit RR, that error pops up.
    But doesn't seem to be any isssues so far while RR is running.
    (btw speedlimit.exe stays running the whole time RR is).

    So not sure if that helps.

    And i will be testing the May1 exe a little later today when i get on theroad.
    So far only been stationary.

  8. #88
    Raw Wave pierrotm777's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bordeaux, France
    Posts
    2,838

    Bad translated french file

    Can you to change your EULA\french.lng file by mine please .

    The translation is better .

    Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

  9. #89
    One Sharp Cheddar ThunderStick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    West Allis, WI
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonBaller View Post
    However....for the May1 exe.

    As soon as i exit RR, that error pops up.
    But doesn't seem to be any isssues so far while RR is running.
    (btw speedlimit.exe stays running the whole time RR is).

    So not sure if that helps.

    And i will be testing the May1 exe a little later today when i get on theroad.
    So far only been stationary.
    Speed Limit does not check for RR constantly, so the reason you get that error is because RR closes and Speedlimit is trying to communicate with it. There really isnt much I can do for this. In the future there will be a plan for this. But for now it really isn't a problem.
    New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
    New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
    "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

  10. #90
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderStick View Post
    Speed Limit does not check for RR constantly, so the reason you get that error is because RR closes and Speedlimit is trying to communicate with it. There really isnt much I can do for this. In the future there will be a plan for this. But for now it really isn't a problem.
    Well thats for the May1 exe. And i got a chance to test it today on the way back form work. It stayed active even after returining from hibernate.
    And i received a few alerts, so all good.

    However you Aug 12 release does not work at all.
    As soon as RR starts, Speedzone splash screen comes up, the GPS app loads, and right after that the -1 error pops up as usual, which kills the speedlimit.exe.
    I even tried to hit the START button to reload it again, with no luck.

    It just seems like for some reason the speedlimit.exe app is not communication with RR at some point during the initiation process.

    Only build i can get to succesfully work is the May1.

    So right now. I have your latest Aug 12 release running, but with the May1 speedlimit.exe.

    I will post up my zipped RR folder for you.

Similar Threads

  1. New OBDII scantool - Beta testers?
    By tmort in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 178
    Last Post: 11-16-2012, 01:35 PM
  2. New Age Garmin - FINAL RELEASE 01OCT09
    By ThunderStick in forum RR Released Skins
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 08-31-2011, 11:20 AM
  3. RELEASE: Map Monkey v1.1.3
    By Ninja Monkey in forum Map Monkey
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 10:27 AM
  4. Speed Limit / Speed Zone Plugin RELEASED
    By ThunderStick in forum RR Plugins
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 12-20-2008, 01:03 AM
  5. Hacking into Fan speed switch...
    By Dexter in forum Hardware Development
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 11:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •