Thread: .net Bluetooth Mobilephone Plugin

  1. #1081
    Low Bitrate Strgazr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Blanchard, OK
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by lambosprit View Post
    The debug says you are trying to use the ATSM code. If you want to use Ble Soliel go to the ini file and change the PhoneLink=Blue. You will also need to set your phones MAC address in this ini.
    I was very certain that I was checking off the Blue Soleil box and not the ATSM box at the beginning of the install especially since I had done it 5 or 6 times before posting. I tried it again just to double check and I am only checking the BS box, the ATSM box is UNchecked. This was all on a Win 7 x86 laptop that I test and setup on. I also tried it on the Win 7 x64 carpc with the same results. I then went ahead and checked the ATSM box only, just to see what it would do. That leads to a different config screen layout, so it's pretty obvious it's not the same. It looks like no matter which you check, it will still extract those files.

    Where is the ini file? It doesn't appear that the installer has created one at the point that I get to. After is says it can't register the dll, it only gives the option to Cancel and then closes. Maybe you could post an ini file so I can see how it's setup, then I'll work on registering the dll myself.

    Sorry for the wall of text. I know you said you haven't used it on Win 7, so I'm just trying to give you all the info I can in case it helps any. Thank you very much for the help.

  2. #1082
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    284
    Lambo just wanted to say thank you. I have not played with this in awhile as i got a new car and pulled my computer out. I am in the middle of buillding a new computer for the new car. (needed more HP) I will surely be using this plug in.
    Thanks again for all your hard work
    Mike

  3. #1083
    Newbie wiraone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Strgazr View Post
    I was very certain that I was checking off the Blue Soleil box and not the ATSM box at the beginning of the install especially since I had done it 5 or 6 times before posting. I tried it again just to double check and I am only checking the BS box, the ATSM box is UNchecked. This was all on a Win 7 x86 laptop that I test and setup on. I also tried it on the Win 7 x64 carpc with the same results. I then went ahead and checked the ATSM box only, just to see what it would do. That leads to a different config screen layout, so it's pretty obvious it's not the same. It looks like no matter which you check, it will still extract those files.

    Where is the ini file? It doesn't appear that the installer has created one at the point that I get to. After is says it can't register the dll, it only gives the option to Cancel and then closes. Maybe you could post an ini file so I can see how it's setup, then I'll work on registering the dll myself.

    Sorry for the wall of text. I know you said you haven't used it on Win 7, so I'm just trying to give you all the info I can in case it helps any. Thank you very much for the help.
    I'm getting the same exact problem and error when using installer. Is there anyway that we could do the installation manually? I've rerun the reg asm without /codebase and it seems to take it okay but what are the things that need to be done? Manually extracting the files from the installer and copying over to certain directories?

    BTW, I'm on Win7 Ultimate.

    UPDATE: It seems to work for me after I copied the INI file manually and edited the INI file according to my setup.

  4. #1084
    Maximum Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    lambosprit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    809
    Quote Originally Posted by Strgazr View Post
    Where is the ini file? It doesn't appear that the installer has created one at the point that I get to. After is says it can't register the dll, it only gives the option to Cancel and then closes. Maybe you could post an ini file so I can see how it's setup, then I'll work on registering the dll myself.
    the ini file is created by the installer in the same directory as the dll. So should be in your riderunner directory under plugins\mobilephone.net

    I've attached the default ini file for you to see it.

    Also I have just converted mobilephone to use the profile mode which should allow it to work under win 7 however i dont have this operating system so can't test.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  5. #1085
    Maximum Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    lambosprit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    809
    Quote Originally Posted by wiraone View Post
    I'm getting the same exact problem and error when using installer. Is there anyway that we could do the installation manually? I've rerun the reg asm without /codebase and it seems to take it okay but what are the things that need to be done? Manually extracting the files from the installer and copying over to certain directories?

    BTW, I'm on Win7 Ultimate.

    UPDATE: It seems to work for me after I copied the INI file manually and edited the INI file according to my setup.
    So you're saying that the installer isn't creating the ini file under win 7 but does do all the other files. Interesting.

    I dont want a manual install as I got far more issues raised that way than I get by using the installer.It just needs fixing thats all.

  6. #1086
    Newbie wiraone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by lambosprit View Post
    So you're saying that the installer isn't creating the ini file under win 7 but does do all the other files. Interesting.

    I dont want a manual install as I got far more issues raised that way than I get by using the installer.It just needs fixing thats all.
    The installer stuck at the following line:

    Execute: "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 \Reg Asm" "C:\Program Files\RideRunner\plugins\Mobilephone.NET\mobilepho ne.dll" /tlb:mobilephone.tlb /codebase "

    There was a screen giving out warning but I couldn't see what it was since it was closed few seconds after the pop-up.

    I copied the instruction above but without /codebase as suggested by Mitch. The dll and some other stuffs are there in the C:\Program Files\RideRunner\plugins\Mobilephone.NET directory but not the mobilephone.ini.

    Oh BTW, I use 7-zip to extract the INI file from the installer.

  7. #1087
    FLAC -zip-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ontario/Canada
    Posts
    1,293
    Running XP , will not register .dll

    I get C:\Progam Files\RideRunner\Plugins\Mobilephone.NET\MoblePhon e.dll was loaded, but the DIIRegisterServer entry point was not found. This file can not be registered.

    Any ideas? I tried installing manually, and leaving off /codebase
    2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
    2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
    Sound Stage
    Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

  8. #1088
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    73
    Has anybody tried this on a HTC Evo Android 2.1/2.2? I'm able to get it to pair but I can't make a call or push any files.

  9. #1089
    MGD
    MGD is offline
    FLAC
    Auto Apps:loading...
    MGD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,756
    Quote Originally Posted by maceo4 View Post
    Has anybody tried this on a HTC Evo Android 2.1/2.2? I'm able to get it to pair but I can't make a call or push any files.
    I have it running with a HTC Hero on 2.2. Works like a charm.
    Don't forget...YOU NEED BLUESOLEIL INSTALLED....

  10. #1090
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,170
    Blog Entries
    52
    I have this working great with the Motorola Droid X on 2.2 and the most recent version of Bluesoleil.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Similar Threads

  1. nGhost 2.0.0 Final is out!
    By tripzero in forum LinuxICE
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 09:16 PM
  2. Bluetooth problems their solutions
    By Clintebb in forum Bluetooth Hardware
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-26-2007, 08:03 AM
  3. Hello World plugin
    By paulpv in forum CF Plugins
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 10:07 PM
  4. How do I use the Base plugin sources ?
    By guino in forum RR FAQ
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-2006, 03:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •