Did you get my pm?
Oh great. I've had to switch back to the onboard realtek sound, as the USB one that I was using was causing problems with the Silabs FM device, and now the caller doesn't hear anything at all!! :confused:
Anyone else here using realtek onboard sound OK with this plugin?
Feels like Dialer check and choose what audio device to use, but plugin doesn't. I could be wrong, what I know :)
Dartman, do you find that the audio from your silabs stutters sometimes? Mine does and it would seem that it's lambo's plugin that is causing it.
I had the BT turned off on my phone this morning, because of the mic not working, and the audio from the silabs was stuttering so badly that it was completely unusable. I turned the BT on, on my phone, so that the plugin could connect the headset profile and voila it stopped stuttering really badly and back to just a slight stutter very randomly (hardly noticeable).
I wonder if Lambo can force the sound input device in his plugin to use the mic and not the FM device? :)
Edit; found the problem. Dartman, here's how to sort this
1. Open device manager, USB audio device and go to the properties tab.
2. Under audio devices open the 'USB audio device' and tick the box for 'Do not map through this device'. Click apply and OK, when prompted, and reboot the machine.
3. In control panel, open sounds and audio devices and click on Test Hardware. Follow it through making sure that you get a level for your voice.
4. That's it. It should work now. If you go into the Realtek control panel and select echo cancellation you'll get (what sounds to me) a half duplex type system where it sounds like it's cutting the mic when the caller speaks..........hence no echo for them. :peace:
I haven't had a chance to see if this will sort the stuttering issue yet though.
Ok. One problem at a time.
The attached dll fixes the mobilecall popup problem I hope. To fix it I changed mobilephone_incommingcall to only be true when the phone is ringing and not when you're in a call.
I've also added new return slider controls. Called mobilephone_batslide and mobilephone_sigslide. They use the values you set for BatteryImageCount and SignalImageCount in the ini file to work out the slider points so they must be set properly to get the correct output. Only you can do this as all phones are different and most phones dont support this feature so don't be surprised if it doesn't work.
any way report back if it cures the popup problem.
EDIT: Fix didn't work so removed dll.
Thanks for the fixes, I will test tonight.
This is a great piece of work, all I have left are BS and phone issues relative to battery and signal levels. I don't believe these are your issues anymore than the iPhone issues in the same area are.
Tick the box for 'Do not map through this device' seem to work, but I think it's not right way to fix the problem. Plugin should choose what device to use nor disabling device mapping.
I have two Silabs, one in car and one in home, both work smoothly and I haven't notice any stuttering.
New dll doesn't fix pop up, it still popping and mobilephone_incommingcall is true when in call.