how much did BS quote you on the SDK? I contacted them just to see what it would run and they wanted 5k.
When registring the .dll manually in the comand window the registration is succesfull but I get a remark that the .dll should be "strong" to allow automatic registration or something like that.
I'll give it another go tonight.
I posted exactly the same problem a few days ago. If you can't get around it, try what I did. You'll find that although the installer aborted, mobilephone.dll and mobilephone.tlb are already in the folder. Copy these 2; now install v1.4 and replace the 1.4 version dll and tlb with the new ones. Plugin manager now should see your plugin, and as far as I've seen it shows up as 1.6.
Nevertheless, if you find the real solution please let me know.
Ok, got it working now. Here is what I did:
1) Download the VC++R 2008 from Microsoft.
2) Run the installer from 1).
3) Run the Mobilephone.net installer.
4) Be puzled that the installer can't find any VC++ on the computer and allow the installer to install VC++.
5) Chose to repair the VC++ installation on your computer.
6) The mobilephone.net installer prompts you to ad buttons to to RR skin several times before it completes the installation.
7) Now i can see the mobilephone plugin RR in the "PLUGIN MGR" in the Carwings skinn.
Number 7 can be due the fact that I did register the mobilephone.dll earlier and didn't unregister it before trying the road with separate VC++ installer.
I read somewhere in the version history that VC++ is no longer included in the installer to save bandwidth.
Anyway I tried exactly the same steps, but from 4) on, nothing. It still can't find VC++, but jumps over its installation and in an instant displays "failed to register". But it doesn't matter any more, it works for me just overwriting the old one.
My question is: has anyone made use of the new features, like PAN?
where is the menu.txt file?