Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 529

Thread: Vehicle Maintenence Plugin

  1. #51
    THE EXPERIMENTER
    Auto Apps:loading...
    carputer1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    UK,Surrey
    Posts
    1,979
    you could always just clear current list and just open a new 1 in the same skin and skinners can always use buttonid and label to change the buttons at the bottom of your demo there, it will also need a form of noticfication, like a popup or ind to say its due.

    52,000 price john i think the price may of gone up by then lol...

    might be a bit much but what about input for garge or phone number of who may of fitted item last, might be possiable to save gps cords when in garge then sat nav guys here could use those cords to pull the location bit like Enforcer has done with rrgas and petrol

  2. #52
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    146
    Not sure this is possible....

    So we now have the ability to use icons in CLs. I know that you can load custom icons with the CLSETIMG (I think) command. Would it be possible to set an "empty" image for all the items that don't need maintenance and a "warning" image for those that do?

    Basically right now the maintenance items are all in a CL. When your indicator pops, you don't really have any idea which item it is. This way, the indicator goes up, you go to the maintenance page, and all the items that need attention are clearly marked in the list. Could even do three icons, one for OK, one for "check soon" and one for "holy crap how's the car still running?"...

  3. #53
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,169
    Blog Entries
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by spamminator View Post
    Not sure this is possible....

    So we now have the ability to use icons in CLs. I know that you can load custom icons with the CLSETIMG (I think) command. Would it be possible to set an "empty" image for all the items that don't need maintenance and a "warning" image for those that do?

    Basically right now the maintenance items are all in a CL. When your indicator pops, you don't really have any idea which item it is. This way, the indicator goes up, you go to the maintenance page, and all the items that need attention are clearly marked in the list. Could even do three icons, one for OK, one for "check soon" and one for "holy crap how's the car still running?"...
    i can definitely have an "empty" image for non scheduled items. And your thinking is partially the reasoning behind me thinking about ditching the popup warning. Im thinking the indicator could work int he same capacity as a Check Engine or Maintenance Required light. It lets you know there's something going on without being overly intrusive. The way its currently working is

    OK= indicator off
    Check Soon= indicator set to the yellow.jpg in skin folder to caution
    Holy Crap= indicator set to red.jpg

    might need to change the name of the image files but the concept is still understandable. Then once the indicator is displayed it tells you to go to the maintenance skin which lists each maintenance items individual status.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  4. #54
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,169
    Blog Entries
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by carputer1 View Post
    you could always just clear current list and just open a new 1 in the same skin and skinners can always use buttonid and label to change the buttons at the bottom of your demo there, it will also need a form of noticfication, like a popup or ind to say its due.

    52,000 price john i think it may of gone up by then lol...

    might be a bit much but what about input for garge or phone number of who may of fitted item last, might be possiable to save gps cords when in garge then sat nav guys here could use those cords to pull the location bit like Enforcer has done with rrgas and petrol

    This is doable too. Probably a little bit cleaner approach than having the maintenance items list populated with a history of repair items. Only problem is the labels on the maintenance page then wouldnt fit with the repair items with the exception of the total cost per mile labels.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  5. #55
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,700
    Blog Entries
    1
    You would know that better than us for sure, as none of us have used it, and know how you have it all flowing together.

    Maybe a list for completed tasks, and another for upcoming tasks?
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

  6. #56
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    146
    Now that the gas CL looks so pretty with all the information on each line, could the maintenance CL get fleshed out a bit more? Nothing much, just maybe:

    Item......................Miles..................D ays
    Oil Change............3456/5000........100/180

    And then you click on it and you can still display all those labels (Last date done, last mileage done, miles left, days left, price/gallon, etc.). Maybe have an ini variable (yeah, i know, bad) for skinners to pick if they want the short list (just item name) and the longer list (name + info) so they can use whichever one looks better in the skin...?

  7. #57
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,169
    Blog Entries
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWPB View Post
    You would know that better than us for sure, as none of us have used it, and know how you have it all flowing together.

    Maybe a list for completed tasks, and another for upcoming tasks?
    hey you requested it buddy not me

    Quote Originally Posted by spamminator View Post
    Now that the gas CL looks so pretty with all the information on each line, could the maintenance CL get fleshed out a bit more? Nothing much, just maybe:

    Item......................Miles..................D ays
    Oil Change............3456/5000........100/180

    And then you click on it and you can still display all those labels (Last date done, last mileage done, miles left, days left, price/gallon, etc.). Maybe have an ini variable (yeah, i know, bad) for skinners to pick if they want the short list (just item name) and the longer list (name + info) so they can use whichever one looks better in the skin...?
    that would require me to update the each sequence item everytime the mileage or day increases. Doesnt seem efficient to me.. but hey we'll see
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  8. #58
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
    that would require me to update the each sequence item everytime the mileage or day increases. Doesnt seem efficient to me.. but hey we'll see
    That's true, and with a bunch of stuff in the list it could get cumbersome.

  9. #59
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,169
    Blog Entries
    52
    ok .. i've decided to have maintenance/repair history have its own skin and custom list (sorry skinners ). Each maintenance item AND each refuel will be in the list AUTOMATICALLY (no manual command needed), and users will be able to manually had entry's to the history. The ONLY limitation for that is you should enter repair items the day they occur because i have no way of letting users specify the date in which the events occur.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  10. #60
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
    ok .. i've decided to have maintenance/repair history have its own skin and custom list (sorry skinners ). Each maintenance item AND each refuel will be in the list AUTOMATICALLY (no manual command needed), and users will be able to manually had entry's to the history. The ONLY limitation for that is you should enter repair items the day they occur because i have no way of letting users specify the date in which the events occur.
    Hmmm....can we ever specify the date on maintenance items? Like, can I enter in that I got an oil change 2 months ago at 110000 miles, or is it just going to take the current date and mileage whenever I add anything new? Can we at least add items manually to the .ini file and have them show up at the right dates/mileage?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-28-2009, 03:18 PM
  2. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 07:49 PM
  3. pc reboot on sd startup
    By duanes7 in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 08:55 AM
  4. IRMAN plugin
    By knyarko in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-05-2007, 08:26 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-11-2006, 05:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •