Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 213

Thread: IBusCommunicatoRR [Update Dec 2011]

  1. #101
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by cia2000 View Post
    Hi JanneH0,

    Now my Problems:

    no matter if I set the CD-Emulation true or false and the Poll-Resp in CD-Changer-Section and Poll-Request in Radio-Section in IBusCommunicatoRR.ini the screen switches, but in Background always stay Radio.... and my steering wheel controls Computer AND Radio - why? (I really dont understand the "Choose CD or Tape input"-Section)
    I really think that all my wishes can fullfilled by RR+IBusCommunicatoRR, but i think i do something wrong in settings...
    If you don't have CD-changer connected then set CDemulation=True and let both poll:s be active.
    I tested it in my car long time ago and it worked for me, I'll check during weekend.

  2. #102
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by cia2000 View Post
    Hi JanneH0,

    I think that...

    onBoard Battery Voltage,
    ServiceInterval (Liters/Days), - who needs this?
    remaining Fuel Distance,
    remaining Fuel Distance at consumption,
    real speed,
    showed speed in IKE,
    arriving time (only for OEM Navigation),
    Consumption correction
    onboard battery - not sure this is availible on ibus
    Service interval - nope
    Remaining fuel distance - already there $IBusCommunicatoRR_RANGE$
    remaining Fuel Distance at consumption - not sure what you mean, difference to "Remaining fuel distance"?
    real speed - $IBusCommunicatoRR_OBCSPEED$ is the current speed, mph will be added
    arriving time - can be added
    Consumption correction - nope


    Quote Originally Posted by dan32500 View Post

    - Fuel Left (at the moment I'm dividing range by consumption to find out the level but this is about 90% accurate)
    Is this availible on ibus?

    Quote Originally Posted by dan32500 View Post
    Digged up some old files and found some more possible variables:
    - Doors/windows status
    - Light Dimmer status (Data="FF FF 00 00")
    - Handbrake status (on/off)
    - Gear Status (D/P/N/R)
    - Engine status (on/off)
    - Lamp status (this might be too complicated for its use)
    Possible but unlikely, to much time consuming to find out the code for it.
    If you do have information or know where to get it I can add it.

    Quote Originally Posted by dan32500 View Post
    Data from the IHK would be cool also.
    Not on the ibus, think it's kbus.

  3. #103
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6

    Variables...

    Quote Originally Posted by JanneH0 View Post
    .....
    Remaining fuel distance - already there $IBusCommunicatoRR_RANGE$
    remaining Fuel Distance at consumption - not sure what you mean, difference to "Remaining fuel distance"?
    there is a difference: $..._Range$ shows the actual remaining distance and changes on your accleration pedal use - the RANGE at Consumption shows you the consumption level witch is the base for calculating the driving range (example: RANGE=236km - Range at consumption=7.8l (will mean if your consumption is 7.8l then you can drive 236km until your fuel ends))
    I dont know if someone really needs this, I only want to explain it to you....

    "real speed - $IBusCommunicatoRR_OBCSPEED$ is the current speed, mph will be added" - there are a difference beetween the real speed measuring by ABS-Sensor and showed speed on your speedometer - proably about 5km/h faster on speedometer then real speed .... also for explaining....
    arriving time - can be added
    Consumption correction - nope

    can you explain to me what the "Choose CD or Tape input"-Section does mean?

    I will try to get the CD-Emulation working without RTS enabled to see if the Radio shows the emulated CD-Changer. How can I get the funktionality of "TOGGLE" in IBusCommunicatoRR.ini? for using switching beetween CD-Changer emu (RTS enabled) and OEM navi (RTS disabled) with the button right beside the "MODE"-Button on 16:9 BM?

    yes, I have a lot of questions, but Im so impressed of IBusCommunicatoRR and wish to get it perfect working for me.

    thanks a lot for all your work on this!

  4. #104
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    86
    Possible but unlikely, to much time consuming to find out the code for it.
    If you do have information or know where to get it I can add it.
    Sorry, I may have some codes for engine status & lights on/off but not much more.
    Apparently if you use NavCoder logging it will record actual IBus messages.

    Ono option I would like is a setting for type of 'scrolling' to the car display:
    Current Way or 'Display with no scrolling' - first 13(?) chr for 1 sec, then the next 13 chr, then stop with first 13 chr.
    Not important, but might help with carpcs that have reported problems with high cpu.

  5. #105
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by cia2000 View Post
    there is a difference: $..._Range$ shows the actual remaining distance and changes on your accleration pedal use - the RANGE at Consumption shows you the consumption level witch is the base for calculating the driving range (example: RANGE=236km - Range at consumption=7.8l (will mean if your consumption is 7.8l then you can drive 236km until your fuel ends))
    I dont know if someone really needs this, I only want to explain it to you....
    Can't get that from the bus though.

    Quote Originally Posted by cia2000 View Post
    "real speed - $IBusCommunicatoRR_OBCSPEED$ is the current speed, mph will be added" - there are a difference beetween the real speed measuring by ABS-Sensor and showed speed on your speedometer - proably about 5km/h faster on speedometer then real speed .... also for explaining....
    arriving time - can be added
    Consumption correction - nope
    OBCSPEED is pretty accurate. It's a few km/h lower than the speedometer, spot on when passing those "you driving xx km/h" signs and spot on compare to my GPS on the phone.
    Arriving time is on ToDo list

    Quote Originally Posted by cia2000 View Post
    can you explain to me what the "Choose CD or Tape input"-Section does mean?
    If you use Tape input comment out CD and vice versa when using CD input.
    Ex. Tape input. The message template is the message when "TAPE" is displayed on the screen (in the middle there is "5441504520XX", 54 is T, 41-A, 50-P, 45-E, 20-Space and XX is for 1 or 2).
    When source is switched to tape the RTSEnable switch on and the SW forward commands to RR like push button1 -> exit (you can run RR with the OEM controls).
    If you then switch to Navi screen the RTSEnable switch off and pushing button1 does nothing to RR, i.e you control your car
    System=True override this and the command will always forward to RR. Example is volume, I'm running PC direct to amp so volume are changed on PC. By this setting I can always changed volume

    Quote Originally Posted by cia2000 View Post
    I will try to get the CD-Emulation working without RTS enabled to see if the Radio shows the emulated CD-Changer. How can I get the funktionality of "TOGGLE" in IBusCommunicatoRR.ini? for using switching beetween CD-Changer emu (RTS enabled) and OEM navi (RTS disabled) with the button right beside the "MODE"-Button on 16:9 BM?
    Sorry lost you there, have no clue what your trying to do. Can you try to explain better

    /Janne

  6. #106
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by dan32500 View Post
    Sorry, I may have some codes for engine status & lights on/off but not much more.
    Apparently if you use NavCoder logging it will record actual IBus messages.
    Never used it but seen some log files and it wan't help much, still need to spend hours in the car to understand the message.


    Quote Originally Posted by dan32500 View Post
    Ono option I would like is a setting for type of 'scrolling' to the car display:
    Current Way or 'Display with no scrolling' - first 13(?) chr for 1 sec, then the next 13 chr, then stop with first 13 chr.
    Not important, but might help with carpcs that have reported problems with high cpu.
    Yes, that will be added.
    It won't help those high CPU problems reported in this thread as it's driver related. Update driver or change interface is the solution.

    /Janne

  7. #107
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    72
    Hi,
    Plugin has been updated on first page

    One of the new features are Speed Camera detection.
    Plugin will read the longitude and latitude from Navi and will then calculate if there is any camera in front of the car.
    It will automatically pop-up a warning screen on RR with distance to camera, speed limit and slider for distance when appoaching speed camera.
    Example skin for Carwing are also attached on first page.

    It will read camera files from Navman and Garming (csv format) and the format are longitude, latitude, anything@speed
    I have not yet found any format that has direction of the camera in it, so therefore plugin will also warn for cameras in the opposite direction

    Does anyone know a format where the direction of the camera are included?

    thx

  8. #108
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6

    getting CDC-Mode to work

    Thanks for the Instructions... is the MsgTemplate="0720202020200843442057" for "CD"-Displaytext right? I cannot see a sender or receiver device-id or msg-len as in the Tape-Msg ("68123B2362105441504520XX20202020202020XX")

    Quote Originally Posted by JanneH0 View Post
    If you use Tape input comment out CD and vice versa when using CD input.
    Ex. Tape input. The message template is the message when "TAPE" is displayed on the screen (in the middle there is "5441504520XX", 54 is T, 41-A, 50-P, 45-E, 20-Space and XX is for 1 or 2).
    When source is switched to tape the RTSEnable switch on and the SW forward commands to RR like push button1 -> exit (you can run RR with the OEM controls).
    If you then switch to Navi screen the RTSEnable switch off and pushing button1 does nothing to RR, i.e you control your car
    System=True override this and the command will always forward to RR. Example is volume, I'm running PC direct to amp so volume are changed on PC. By this setting I can always changed volume
    ok, this is clear to me - but what will happen inthe following situation: I switch to CD-Changer, PC-Screen will appear (RTS-Line enabled), and PC plays mp3.... now I switch to Navigation, PC-Screen will disappear (RTS-Line disabled), and I want to skip to next Track using steering wheel buttons (ok, I can set SYSTEM=True on MFL-Buttons) but what happens if I switch to radio? will now the MFL-Buttons control the OEM-Radio AND RR? (RR has to be in PAUSE-Mode because of switching to OEM-Radio via MODE-Button)...

    can I set do this as described with the following construction:
    set ID#130 with MsgTemplate="68XX3B236210XXXXXXXX" for every Radio-Station displayed, set RTS=Disabled
    set ID#131 with MsgTemplate="68XX3B236210CDC 1-01" (in hex of course)for CDC-Mode displayed, set RTS=Enabled

    will then the RTS=enabled mode be active until I press MODE-Button and switch to Radio (even if I switch to NAV or BC during CDC-Mode) ?

    if not, can you implement 2-3 variables (ex. A, B, C) witch will be setted by an INI-entry like SETVAR=A1 (to set A=1) or SETVAR=B0 or SETVAR=A0,B1 (to set A=0 and B=1) and use it for parsing IDs in IBusCommunicatoRR.INI like PARSE=A (parse only if A=1) or PARSE=True (parse everytime exept RTS=Disabled) or PARSE=A,B (parse if A=1 and B=1) so everyone who dont need this will have nothing to change in the INI and people like me can use this to parse messages in four situations (as described above when PC is playing MP3 and BM is showing BC or Nav I can set RTS=Disabled, SETVAR=A1 and on MFL-Button PARSE=A, so the Button will always parsed if A is set to 1, and if I press MODE (of FM-Button) I will SETVAR=A0 so MFL-Buttons will control Radio-Station instead of PC-Winamp)

    hope you understand my intention - for better debugging it will be good to print VARIABLE-Status on every change to DEBUG.TXT like "SETVAR=A0,B0 received, Status was A=1,B=0 now A=0,B=0"


    Quote Originally Posted by JanneH0 View Post
    Sorry lost you there, have no clue what your trying to do. Can you try to explain better

    /Janne
    there is nothing left to explain, you have answered to my questions in previous lines... I have test the TAPE-Emulation-Mode very well, I now have to try with CDC-Mode until it works - or, if not, will use the TAPE-Mode (the only thing I hate is the mechanical noise of the TAPE-Device on every NEXT/PREV-Button press so I want to use CDC-Mode)

    many thanks to you for time spending with my problems, if all things will work as I like I will post my INI and Configuration to all users, hoping it can help someone

    regards, CIA

    PS: I dont know if a speedCam-File will include Direction of Cam, but some Cams in Germany will take a Shoot in both directions (there will be a measuring-Line in front of and a "Shutter-Line" behind the Cam shown from your driving direction)

  9. #109
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by JanneH0 View Post
    Hi,
    Plugin has been updated on first page
    Thx!
    Unfortunately, today when I tested (for first time) in the the car some variables were not displaying anything.

    SteeringWheel Buttons - OK
    PDC - OK
    ODO - OK
    SPEED - OK
    RPM - OK
    Engine Temp - OK

    Outsite Temp - Nothing
    Fuel Consum 1 & 2 - Nothing
    Avg Speed - Nothing
    Range - Nothing
    Text to DISPLAY - Nothing on Radio display

    My BMW is a E46 with just CD Player.
    I've used your carwings skin example to test and latest RR.

    If you could add it I have the codes for:
    - send text to Radio Display
    - get missing variables like in IbusRR

  10. #110
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by JanneH0 View Post
    Hi,
    Plugin has been updated on first page
    Thank you !

    one of the best things in the new release is "extendedDebug" - now I can see what really happens when I press a button or if some Message on IBus will appear and the corrsponding reply goes out or not...

    the DriversLog was also one of my wishes - just a question: is it possible for you to place an entry for "business" or "private" by turning off ignition (turn the Key 1 step counterclockwise to Kl.R)? My idea is: on end of a trip a screen with these two Options will appear for 5 seconds - you can choose by pressing "1" for business or "2" for private - if nothing is pressed or Ignition completely off, write nothing... (Lat, Lon, Alt could be interest in CSV-File if possible)

    very good work imho!

Similar Threads

  1. Build on Mandriva 2010
    By yoshihiro in forum RevFE
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 06:50 AM
  2. music defaults to first song on open
    By soundman98 in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-23-2009, 03:36 AM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-28-2009, 04:18 PM
  4. pc reboot on sd startup
    By duanes7 in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 09:55 AM
  5. IRMAN plugin
    By knyarko in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-05-2007, 09:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •