First: A few question regarding IbusCommunicatoRR compability with iBusRR have been raised and I try to answer them here.
1) If iBusRR works for you there is no need to change unless you wan't any of the new functions.
2) IbusCommunicatoRR can do everything iBusRR can, it just do it differently.
Q) iBusRR can send message to open/close windows, control light, ....
A) You can send any message you want directly from skin file (you do not need to define the message to send in a .ini file)
Example to show the difference when sending a "open trunk" message:
- IbusRR skin file: "SENDMSG;IBusRR;OPEN_TRUNK"
- Same function in a IBusCommunicatoRR skin file:"IBusCommunicatoRR;sendtoibus;3F 05 00 0C 95 01 A2"
Q) iBusRR can execute different commands on different screens
A) Function are already supported in RR by ExecTBL, no need for plugin to do the same.
Q) How does "RRCommand" in .ini work
A) RRCommand is the command to send to RR, this is transparent so use skin commands from the RR documentation.
Any command valid to RR can be used. Example:
- Multiple commands using the || separator "Vol+||TALK;Volume up!"
- or set indicator by "SETIND;!MYINDICATOR;ON(OFF)"
Q) How does "Release ID" in .ini works
A) Almost all BMB (Board Monitor Buttons) have different code for press, hold and release. Release ID just hold the RRCommand until a "Release ID" is found.
Normally this is used with the "PressOrHoldID" to get dual functions from same button.
Example: Your steeringwheel previous arrow are set up as below.
- When press the plugin detect the ibus code for press and RRCommand are "RRPREV", since the ReleaseID are set 132 it does not send it to RR.
Release your finger from BMB and plugin will detect the release code, plugin will detect it and send the "RRPREV".
- Or Press the finger again and plugin will detect press code. ReleaseId is set up it so does not send it to RR, exactly same as previous example.
This time you do not release your finger, you hold it until BMB detects you holding the button and send an ibus code for hold.
Plugin detects a STW_PREV_HOLD and the pressorholdID function make it cancel the pending STW_PREV_PRES command and send "STARTFRWD" to RR.
Release your finger and plugin will send "STOPFRWD" to RR.
In short, press the button < 1sek and RR will jump to previous track. Hold same button for > 1sek and RR will start to rewind the song until you release the button.
Label="S. Wheel < Press"
Label="S. Wheel < Hold"
Label="S. Wheel < Release"
Skin example based on Carwings:
Indicators for GPS signal locked and CD changer active
Click on "Time" will set OBC clock to current PC time
Click on "Date" will set OBC date to current PC date
Click on "Fuel Consump1" will send a request to update and hold will send a reset
Click on "Fuel Consump2" will send a request to update and hold will send a reset
Click on "Avg Speed" will send a request to update and hold will send a reset
Click on "Driver Log On" to enable Driver Log
Click on "Driver Log Off" to disable Driver Log
And Parking sensor skin to:
And Pop_up screen when speed camera are close