I did'nt realize that Installers are now standard where's the thread makeing it so ,i used it once or twice, but left it up the the big boys to play with , thought it was just a flashy way of doing the install,
so its another bit of software to learn
as for this PI , i did not make it , i just released it and tested on my 5 systems here with no issues a tall .....
no problem... at anytime i can help you with an installer
I have an inno script i use when i do plugins, takes 2 mins to tweak
and seconds to build
you could use other setups, but Inno Setup is powerfull and free
OK Thanks to Mitch , for his efforts in the installer,,
USBmon has now been updated
connected indicator fixed
Get it while its Hot
i had problems about installing this plugin and wifi, i've found solution about wifi installing as first
while the solution i've found installing this plugin is:
- Run the installer and install the plugin MAKE SURE THE FOLDER IS CALLED "USBMon 1.0.0" ON STANDARD PATH THE "1.0.0" IS MISSING
- Once installed see if works, if will not work then regasm command "regasm /unregister USBMon.dll"
- Then regasm this other command "regasm /codebase /tlb USBMon.dll"
- Now should work, if will not then repeat from step 2 and the last step don't use /codebase as argument
UPDATE: ok it was too good to be finished, the plugin load so i was going to make the skin for manage the drives and noone of the commands work :| i can see the plugin on the list as ENABLED
for test i've add "USBMON_ONARRIVAL","Load;message.skin" in ExecTBL but when i insert the usb nothing happen, i've test with 2 usb sticks
i've also test buttons for example B,180,420,88,60,"usbmon_eject;D:\" but is still possible to access the usb stick
i havent touch this in a very long time but try this....
see the difference on the code?
using this code on SkinTool i can eject a drive(i recommend to use this tool to debug and test commands)
i just tested the pi and all works fine, FYI pi needs .net 3.5
i didn't notice that * before the comand :o
but the command for eject is still not working, i'm trying with skintool and when i use the command the debug says: "Command Not Executed: usbmon_eject;D:\"
but if you tested the pi and is working then is my pc problem, i have .net from 2.0 to 4.0 i will try to find a solution and if find i will post here as i did before with the other problem
Thanks el camino
Got it to work at the end, on windows 7
Just would ask 2 questions:
- is normal that the plugin reads the usb device if plugged ONLY in RR?
For example when shutdown the carpc, restart or simply close ride runner when RR start again the usb will not get recognized (labels and variable), while indicators will still work (usbmon_connected), is it normal that labels and variable will not get stored or checked?
- is possible to set the labels to read any usb device and not only the last one plugged? for example "SETVARBYCODE;MYVAR;usbmon_maker;F:\" (cause right now i can read the data of only one usb at time, exactly the last one plugged)