Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 126

Thread: RRPandora plugin for RideRunner

  1. #51
    Variable Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    mezz64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    379
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks for releasing the source! I noticed that you're not currently using the AudioFormat definition in the config xml. Any plans to code that in? I'd love to be able to get higher quality audio with my One subscription in the car.

  2. #52
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,147
    Blog Entries
    51
    I most certainly do plan on utilizing the higher quality audio ability of Pandora One. All that's preventing it now is my lack of motivation to sign up for a One account to test lol
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  3. #53
    Variable Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    mezz64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    379
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
    I most certainly do plan on utilizing the higher quality audio ability of Pandora One. All that's preventing it now is my lack of motivation to sign up for a One account to test lol
    I'll happily test for you if you don't want want to sign up for a One account, just let me know.

  4. #54
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,147
    Blog Entries
    51
    Went ahead and signed up for a one account. Now it could be that my account is new and they arent allowing me higher quality access today, but in my testing it appears playback always occurs at 128kpbs through the .dll used to communicate with pandoras feed. If you guys wanna test i'm going to upload the new build tonight. Enter the settings screen, select high audio quality and see if the kbps goes up to 192.

    0.7.2 available now
    Last edited by Sonicxtacy02; 04-04-2012 at 02:37 PM.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  5. #55
    Maximum Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    VegasGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    584
    Not sure, but I don't think all the content is available at 192kbps. I might be wrong about that. I know Spotify claims 320kbps for their premium service, but only about 30% of the content is available at that rate.

    By the way, Sonic, there's an open source Spotify app for CF now too. I think its CFSpotify on codeplex. Search the CF forums for the Spotify thread if you're interested.

    Vegasguy

  6. #56
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,147
    Blog Entries
    51
    I wish i had the time to start a new project lol. Maybe sometime in the future! Thanks for the info though.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  7. #57
    Variable Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    mezz64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    379
    Blog Entries
    1
    It doesn't seem to work for me either. I also inadvertently tried lower quality (64kbps) and saw no change so it would seem it's not requesting the right stream from Pandora's servers.

    Also, don't know if it's just me, but I didn't have the audio quality setting in the skin file included with the installer. I just ended up inputting it manually into the XML.

  8. #58
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,147
    Blog Entries
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by mezz64 View Post
    It doesn't seem to work for me either. I also inadvertently tried lower quality (64kbps) and saw no change so it would seem it's not requesting the right stream from Pandora's servers.

    Also, don't know if it's just me, but I didn't have the audio quality setting in the skin file included with the installer. I just ended up inputting it manually into the XML.
    forgot to add the skin file. It'll be included in the next build and i'll attach it here. Just remove the .txt from the attached file and put it in the carwings folder.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Sonicxtacy02; 04-05-2012 at 08:57 AM.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  9. #59
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,147
    Blog Entries
    51
    So I talked to someone at Pandora and higher audio quality is only available to their web site player and desktop application. The feed I use does not have a component for specifying audio quality. So it looks like its no go for changing audio bitrate.

    0.7.3 is a very small update which basically only adds the ability to see when playback is stopped due to either a connection interruption or buffering. The buffering percent and/or connection message will be displayed in the TRACKTITLE labels
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  10. #60
    Maximum Bitrate
    Auto Apps:loading...
    VegasGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    584
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
    So I talked to someone at Pandora and higher audio quality is only available to their web site player and desktop application. The feed I use does not have a component for specifying audio quality. So it looks like its no go for changing audio bitrate.

    0.7.3 is a very small update which basically only adds the ability to see when playback is stopped due to either a connection interruption or buffering. The buffering percent and/or connection message will be displayed in the TRACKTITLE labels
    Raises an interesting question: Since these apps are emulating the desktop/web app, WHY don't they get the higher quality stream? From the Pandora server's point of view, it's just another browser connection. In fact, since 3rd-party Pandora apps aren't "officially" recognized, the only way this (and the Centrafuse app and the apps they are based on) will work is by pretending to be a web browser. So again, why not the higher/lower quality streams?

    VegasGuy

Similar Threads

  1. How is this car called in the U.S. ?
    By kraft in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-30-2010, 12:51 AM
  2. HAHAHA busted for the cable for the XM thing you guys worked SOOO hard on
    By jimmythecow in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-15-2004, 11:53 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2003, 08:29 AM
  4. What do you guys thing of this screen....
    By Mwilhelm100 in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-09-2002, 06:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •