Ok posted ANOTHER fix and tested it for about 5 hours between last night and this morning. Everything is working as it should for me.
Ifeel your pain sonix! I had something similar with the installer for my skin. I would fix something post it, and it would break something else, pull it, re-fix it and something else was broke... The poor souls using the skin have been totally understanding. I am sure that people using this plugin also understand the strangeness of coding something, and working out the kinks.
um, i actually cannot get my ratings to work at all now after this update. i followed all the instructions! i thought i did at least. basically now when i click on my rate button, i rate the song, click apply, then a couple stars flash and then they all go away. am i missing something? my ratings dont work at all now tho.
i dont mean to complain at all, i just wanna get this working because its a plugin i think that could be potentially really useful once its fully functional. id be happy to test other versions if u need it.
another question, with this plugin, when i load RR, will it load all my ratings say if im playing songs in an on-the-fly playlist or if its a differnt playlist altogehter? that would be reallly really nice. thanks for all the work -i appreciate everything and i know what a pain this can be sometimes.
yea i have RR installed in the normal directory, and i followed the instructions exactly (new skins, new button, etc.). ill keep trying. im sure its something i have screwed up. i am running the old LSX void skin. i realy dont get why its doing this so i guess ill just have to mess around with it to get it to work. im sure it really does work and the way you have the plugin working is great. thanks for evverything.
ok well after messing around with it, i still havent solved it lol. i have winamp 5.31 -that might be a problem, but i doubt it. anyway, after saving a playlist straight out of winamp (not RR) as the 5 stars.m3u playlist, i played some of the songs in that play list and the ratings were not detected. in order for this plugin to do what you say it does, im assuming there has to be some 'exe' running in the background that checks the current song if it is on one of the 1-5 star playlists. i dont have any programs runnign while winamp is running. is something sposed to be? also, when i rate the song, what i think happens is it saves the song in the playlist, but immediately deletes it. not sure why. sorry if im babbling taking up space, but i think im gonna keep doin it until i get it right. again, im not blaming any of this on you or the plugin.
EDIT: when i open up my 4 stars.m3u (or whatever rating playlist) in notepad, the only thing in there is: C:
that help diagnosing this at all?
-this kinda looks like raphizzz's problem a couple posts up.
The version I just downloaded and tried does not seem to be working for me either. If I rate a song 1 Star, the 1star.mp3 file is empty, and nothing has been written to it.
It was working the other day with a version you had posted, aside from erasing the playlists when re-rating a song.
if you look at the freedom skin code thats included in "OK" button. Its missing from the LSX code. The lsx code was also missing the parameter for ratings.exe. copy this new skin to your skin folder. You guys give that a try and lemme know how it goes.
Strange happenings. (probably caused by the same problems I had with the traffice one, but hey)
First off my RR is installed on my E: drive and my music somewhere on the M: drive
If I run with this, the plugin immediately hangs with no access via mouse or keyboard to RR and ratingscheck.exe is running at near 100%. I f I close this down then I get access back to rest of plugin.
I have tried changing the path for rr.ini in the ini file but it makes no difference (have tried just rrpath, rrpath\ and rrpath\rr.in where rrpath equals the full path to rr).
I then created a Road Runner folder on my c: drive and put rr.ini in there, now it doesn't hang, but I get no m3u files.
I then created a ratings folder on c: and now I get m3u files, but they are not in the folder specified in the ini, they are just in the root of M: and all they contain is 'M:' no name of files.
Am using the latest version in the first post.
*edit, added the extra curtrack to the OK button, now it does save a filename in the m3U file. However the other issues still exist.