Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 532

Thread: Needed: BETA Testers for Google Earth Plugin

  1. #141
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,817
    no voice directions will be done on this one buddy, I can tell you that right now. It's almost impossible getting any information OUT of GE.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  2. #142
    Newbie treydogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    11
    oh I know guino, it's just 3 hours till quittin time, and I was being silly
    AMD 64Bit XP 3800/1 gig ddr-400/8" lilliput TS/200 gig SATA drive/sprint megillin wireless/pharos 360GPS

    "I swear to God officer, I use it for gps!"

    http://www.treydogghour.com

  3. #143
    Banned RPM_VR4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    1,893
    Ok, I have a little more experience with this thing on the road now (in China). I still can't get anything to work except for the GPS though. Fly-To and directions, tour, etc. do nothing.

    I am kinda sorry I upgraded to GE4 so I can't use GooPs anymore. We really need a track like GooPs has. We really need the entire track to be saved to a KML so I can replay my route on my home PC. We really need the ability to turn off auto-zoom/angle, auto-rotate, and auto-center on GPS independent of each other (Otherwise there is no way to browse around the map and see your current location at the same time). We really need the ability do have multiple zooms.ini files and switch between them (maybe already possible with auto-it scripts like I did for GooPs, but only if RREarth accepts on-the-fly changes to zooms.ini). Also, can you set different angles for speeds in addition to zooms?

    Don't get me wrong Guino, this is awesome work that I'm not trying to put down at all. The direction feature that GooPs lacks is irreplaceable (if I could get it to work on my machine ). Unfortunately the GooPs features listed above that RREarth lacks are also irreplaceable.

  4. #144
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,817
    1: Fly-to and directions ONLY work with an ACTIVE internet conection.
    2: Fly-to and directions ONLY work in places where road maps are available in GE.
    3: You MUST have the language in GE set to ENGLISH.
    4: If there's enough people interested I could add support to run goops along with the plugin, However, this also depends on Goops' cooperation.
    5: You CAN used goops with GE4 -- in fact GE3 is no longer supported/available by google.
    6: I have not seen any example of a KML log file (as I asked) in order to make the plugin save logs in such format
    7: The Toggle GPS feature toggles Auto-zoom AND auto-center ON/OFF -- both together. Tilt is COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT. Now, Auto-zoom without auto-center would mean what ? zoom in/out of the current view ? I mean what's the point if you're not seeing the position to wich the auto-zoom relates to ? Just toggle the GPS Off and use the on-map controls to zoom and view whatever the heck you want.
    8: Loading multiple zoom files can be implemented.
    9: This plugin was NEVER meant to replace Goops -- in fact, from the beginning I wanted cooperation with Goops, however, hardly anyone showed interest in such integration.
    10: This is a BETA -- I am still working out bugs and features, in fact I've replaced how things work in the plugin at least 3 times from when I started it. and I am planning to re-do a lot of things today again.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  5. #145
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Athens,Greece
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by guino View Post
    6: I have not seen any example of a KML log file (as I asked) in order to make the plugin save logs in such format
    Here you go I don't know why it has drawn the line over the sea, I don't drive Bond's car

    Keep up the good work!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

  6. #146
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,817
    doesn't seem hard to do, question: what did you use to make this file ? goops ? or is that from somewhere else ? I can easily just log the positions from the GPS to a KML file -- this should probably be a separate extension plugin, but isn't that what hsmpt was working on ? LoggeRR - see your trip on Google Earth
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  7. #147
    Banned RPM_VR4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    1,893
    Quote Originally Posted by guino View Post
    1: Fly-to and directions ONLY work with an ACTIVE internet conection.
    Check.
    Quote Originally Posted by guino View Post
    2: Fly-to and directions ONLY work in places where road maps are available in GE.
    Check: Used 1950 Sawtelle 90025
    Quote Originally Posted by guino View Post
    3: You MUST have the language in GE set to ENGLISH.
    Check. Still doesn't work. Maybe it will work on other PCs besides my laptop. Will check as soon as I get back from China.
    Quote Originally Posted by guino View Post
    4: If there's enough people interested I could add support to run goops along with the plugin, However, this also depends on Goops' cooperation.
    You are so close to supporting the core GooPs features. Really if you just add a track and a "save track to .kmz" I would be pretty happy. Why run two apps when you can just add a few features to RREarth and have a total solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by guino View Post
    5: You CAN used goops with GE4 -- in fact GE3 is no longer supported/available by google.
    GE4 final is out? Awesome! Will have to upgrade . Every GE4 beta I tried would crash all the time when trying to use it with GooPs. Plus even before it crashed it would do so very buggy things. Therefore I could only use GooPs with GE3.
    Quote Originally Posted by guino View Post
    6: I have not seen any example of a KML log file (as I asked) in order to make the plugin save logs in such format
    Attached is my GooPs log from HongKong to my hotel in China (via boat and taxi).
    Quote Originally Posted by guino View Post
    7: The Toggle GPS feature toggles Auto-zoom AND auto-center ON/OFF -- both together. Tilt is COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT. Now, Auto-zoom without auto-center would mean what ? zoom in/out of the current view ? I mean what's the point if you're not seeing the position to wich the auto-zoom relates to ? Just toggle the GPS Off and use the on-map controls to zoom and view whatever the heck you want.
    1) Tilt shouldn't be independent... script it relative to speed like GooPs does and like you do for zoom already.
    2) I often want to zoom in/out while keeping the screen centered on my GPS, they should not be toggled both-together.
    3) If I toggle off GPS, not only are auto-zoom/center turned off, but the placemark disappears and I can't even see where I am on the map anymore. I NEVER want the placmark to disappear. I also want a history track that only disappears after a hibernate/resume.
    Quote Originally Posted by guino View Post
    8: Loading multiple zoom files can be implemented.
    Will test changing zooms.ini on-the-fly as soon as I get the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by guino View Post
    9: This plugin was NEVER meant to replace Goops -- in fact, from the beginning I wanted cooperation with Goops, however, hardly anyone showed interest in such integration.
    Again, why? With few extra features added, there would be no need for GooPs. Maybe I could help out... would you be willing to send me the RREarth source?
    Quote Originally Posted by guino View Post
    10: This is a BETA -- I am still working out bugs and features, in fact I've replaced how things work in the plugin at least 3 times from when I started it. and I am planning to re-do a lot of things today again.
    I know this man. Keep up the good work


    Another feature request from GooPs: Do not update heading if speed is less than 3 MPH. Right now when I am stopped, RREarth spins the map around like a helicopter. I believe this problem will only present itself with some GPS units. My Delorme was always stable in GooPs even before he added that feature (which someone else requested). Now that I am using a ProGin and RRearth I see how annoying it can be .
    Attached Files Attached Files

  8. #148
    Banned RPM_VR4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    1,893
    Quote Originally Posted by guino View Post
    doesn't seem hard to do, question: what did you use to make this file ? goops ? or is that from somewhere else ? I can easily just log the positions from the GPS to a KML file -- this should probably be a separate extension plugin, but isn't that what hsmpt was working on ? LoggeRR - see your trip on Google Earth
    Why a seperate extention/plug-in? I want to be able to replay at home the exact same thing I saw in RREarth (with that same zoom-levels and everything). I envision it as more of an RREarth logger than just a GPS logger. With live internet, I'd really like to be able to see the same thing in the car in GE at home live (should be no problem with a network-link to the kmz).

  9. #149
    RoadRunner Mastermind
    Auto Apps:loading...
    guino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,817
    As long as you're using the beta RR (10/3+), I am puzzled as to why it doesn't work for you... hopefully newer versions will. This plugin is so far behind Goops you have no idea. I mean, Goops creates an entire web server just to hook up with, this plugin works solely with files.

    I am not planning to have a "track display" in the map, that's for sure -- I thought that was the most annoying thing in Goops (I like to look at images, if I want to look at drawings I can just run mappoint). However, once I think the main part of the code is stable enough, I could definitely let you play with it so you can add/change whatever you'd like (including track/tilt). Auto-tilt just sounds too gimmicky to my taste. Controlling zoom with auto-center ON involves adding a lot of extra toggles and control code. Displaying the GPS without actually zooming into it will require a lot of changes and experimentations -- this stuff is a lot easier with goops approach (web server based).

    I'll add Zooms on the fly done by having multiple INIs you can load with a command.

    The tracklog deal should be separate for many reasons, but mainly the fact that users should not be required to run GE in order to log the data, and it would probably be nice to log not only where you've been but also WHEN you've been to the places, and possibly make a playback application to where it can trace all at once, or just replay the track, hopefully with a slider to quick-jump to a time or position.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  10. #150
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    348
    Guino - been using this as it grows and is very 'kewl factor" ..... I just added an EVDO router to my one ride the other has a 12000/VIA so the EVDO slaps in. The EVDO router is a but kewl concept...

    Just thanks for the development efforts on this...

    Quote Originally Posted by guino View Post
    As long as you're using the beta RR (10/3+), I am puzzled as to why it doesn't work for you... hopefully newer versions will. This plugin is so far behind Goops you have no idea. I mean, Goops creates an entire web server just to hook up with, this plugin works solely with files.

    I am not planning to have a "track display" in the map, that's for sure -- I thought that was the most annoying thing in Goops (I like to look at images, if I want to look at drawings I can just run mappoint). However, once I think the main part of the code is stable enough, I could definitely let you play with it so you can add/change whatever you'd like (including track/tilt). Auto-tilt just sounds too gimmicky to my taste. Controlling zoom with auto-center ON involves adding a lot of extra toggles and control code. Displaying the GPS without actually zooming into it will require a lot of changes and experimentations -- this stuff is a lot easier with goops approach (web server based).

    I'll add Zooms on the fly done by having multiple INIs you can load with a command.

    The tracklog deal should be separate for many reasons, but mainly the fact that users should not be required to run GE in order to log the data, and it would probably be nice to log not only where you've been but also WHEN you've been to the places, and possibly make a playback application to where it can trace all at once, or just replay the track, hopefully with a slider to quick-jump to a time or position.

Similar Threads

  1. RR 04-08-05 .. BETA Base Plugin ...
    By guino in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 12:39 AM
  2. slide show plugin for winamp 3 needed
    By babas151 in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2003, 12:24 PM
  3. Winamp LCD display plugin / IRMan plugin - together?
    By Jarrod in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-03-2002, 06:39 AM
  4. winamp audio CD plugin needed
    By babas151 in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-14-2002, 04:47 PM
  5. Blackwind's keypad plugin v2.0 beta released
    By Blackwind in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-11-2001, 04:54 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •