Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 438

Thread: iBusRR v2.0.5: 06/01/2008 BMW Doors/Windows/Lights control NEW RELEASE!!

  1. #171
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    58
    what do you guys use as for gamma settings? DAYGAMMA/NIGHTGAMMA or an external app? I might add an option to send "NIGHTGAMMA" when the lights are turned on and "DAYGAMMA" when they're turned off if this is what most people uses.

  2. #172
    Variable Bitrate kelmk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by WaRFiElD View Post
    Yes it does sync the OBC clock with the PC
    it has an option in the ini file if you wish to disable it but it's enabled by default(SyncTime=1)
    I just noticed this too and wondered wth? Very cool since I busted the knob and can't set the clock anymore!

  3. #173
    Maximum Bitrate jonessc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by WaRFiElD View Post
    what do you guys use as for gamma settings? DAYGAMMA/NIGHTGAMMA or an external app? I might add an option to send "NIGHTGAMMA" when the lights are turned on and "DAYGAMMA" when they're turned off if this is what most people uses.
    I use the in built gamma control in RR. be good if this could help with sunlight visibilty, not sure what data can be read from the light sensor via ibus, either way this be a good idea to implement.

    CarPuter Progress:
    Planning:-----> [||||||||||] 100%
    Hardware Buying:-> [||||||||||] 100%
    Software:-----> [||||||||||] 100%
    Installing:-----> [||||||||||] 100%
    Current Project= Making skins in photoshop...

  4. #174
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    264
    works great and very ergonomic way to navigate without touchscreen (and safer for driving)

    the following i noticed:
    - after hibernation/reboot I often get a "com port already in use". i then have to uninstall the com 1 port from device manager and it works. why that? what else is using/blocking this port. i have windows xp (home)

    - the macros for prev/next are just reversed (at least for list scrolling). easy to change. just wondering if difference for left/right-side drivers?

  5. #175
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by upspace View Post
    - after hibernation/reboot I often get a "com port already in use". i then have to uninstall the com 1 port from device manager and it works. why that? what else is using/blocking this port. i have windows xp (home)
    I think this just happened to me also... Error: "Connot Open COM Port"
    PC Restart didn't fix it.
    COM Port Uninstall / Reinstall fixed it.

  6. #176
    Maximum Bitrate jonessc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by upspace View Post
    works great and very ergonomic way to navigate without touchscreen (and safer for driving)

    the following i noticed:
    - after hibernation/reboot I often get a "com port already in use". i then have to uninstall the com 1 port from device manager and it works. why that? what else is using/blocking this port. i have windows xp (home)

    - the macros for prev/next are just reversed (at least for list scrolling). easy to change. just wondering if difference for left/right-side drivers?
    Quote Originally Posted by dan32500 View Post
    I think this just happened to me also... Error: "Connot Open COM Port"
    PC Restart didn't fix it.
    COM Port Uninstall / Reinstall fixed it.
    Strange, mines worked perfectly. I did get that error once, but it hasnt happened since.Im also using com1 via a serial interface, u guys using usb?

    Do you have it start automatically with Windows?
    CarPuter Progress:
    Planning:-----> [||||||||||] 100%
    Hardware Buying:-> [||||||||||] 100%
    Software:-----> [||||||||||] 100%
    Installing:-----> [||||||||||] 100%
    Current Project= Making skins in photoshop...

  7. #177
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by jonessc View Post
    Do you have it start automatically with Windows?
    Yeah, using serial also. will test it a bit more in the car.

  8. #178
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    58
    Strange that it does this with serial adapters, did you guys had the same problems with ibuscomm? Right now I'm closing the serial port on suspend/hibernate + stoping the serial/comsend requests. Maybe it doesn't receive the suspend signal from RR.

  9. #179
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    58
    new release v2.0.3 is out with auto gamma settings (SetGamma=1) + Coolant temp + vehicule VIN
    I might add total mileage next time

    Also added a check if comport is open before opening it again when resuming from suspend

  10. #180
    Variable Bitrate Bimmerstyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    264
    I came back to MP3car after beeing away for several months and I come across this! I can't believe I've been using the original iBusComm for all this time now after using this. Great Job!

    I've put v2.0.0 in the car last night (european time that is) and mapped the buttons to control the browser screen with only 4 buttons (I only have 4 of them). Works like a charm!

    I'm planning on buying a 6-button control pod after using this. Even more functions!
    BMW 525tds -Biostar I94GM-I4 -Celeron M44O 1,86GHz, M2-ATX, 1Gb, 320GB -HQCT RDS tuner -Creative Extigy -iBus controller -Lilliput 7" touchscreen -DLS Ultimate A7 amplifier -Focal 130K, 130V, 27V2 speakers

    Bezel Worklog-My Install -iDrive F01 RR Skin

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted, graphic Nvidia PCI (old bus) card !
    By calico in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2006, 02:55 AM
  2. BMW I/K Bus
    By bmwperson in forum Input Devices
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2004, 12:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •