TEKNIK v4.0 [Released]
Finally, Teknik v4.0 has been released.
Well here it is, after much development, testing and a few unforseen delays, Teknik v4.0 is finally ready for general use.
I would especially like to say a big "cheers" to both Carputer1 and El-Camino for their help with development. I also want to say thanks to all those developers for whose plugins / scripts I'm using - Credit's are contained in the ExecTbl file. As far as I am aware I have previously received permission to distribute all included files, but if for some reason you feel I am using your software without permission, please PM me asap.
This is the last revision of the TEK skins ... all future development will be based on this skin layout. This also means that going forward, support for all earlier versions of TEKNIK will be very limited.
Features of TEKNIK v4.0
- Player #1 (Standard), Player #2 (List Mode), Browser (Standard),
- CoverJuke 1.52, Playlist Manager, 8 Disc Multichanger (with disk resume)
- Visual's, Lyrics, Ratings, Library Search, Play / View Album, Delete Current.
- Tag Edit, RR-JTFE.
- Player #1 (Standard), Browser (Standard).
- Garmin (with OSK), Destinator (6 or 7), iGo 8, External, IG-4 (with functions).
- AM/FM, HD, IE-Radio (181.FM), XM, Sirius.
- Power Off, Hibernate, Close, Reboot, Standby, Reload RR, Reload Skin.
- Bowling, Darts, Shoot'em, Blackjack, Hexxagon, Poker, Golf Breakout.
- Player #1 (Standard Internal).
- ImageViewer (Embedded).
- Current Day, Three Day ForeCast.
- Standard Browser Support.
- Media Copier.
[System - Utilities]
- Backgrounds, Logo's, Skins, Switchable iList Support.
- User Definable Splash Screen.
- User SETPATH for Background, Logo, Skins, Photo.
- Task Manager.
- 8 Position User Manager.
- User Selectable Popup Effects Manager.
- Screen Lock (Locker)
- Day / Night Themes (RRExtended)
- Volume Control, Equaliser, Presets.
- Default Backgrounds (Auto Loaded).
Wow, fresh look, very nice valheru.
I feel something is missing on the main screen couldn't tell.
Maybe too quite?
I like it, nice and clean.
(Waits for Enforcer to complain that icons and text are not needed.) :peep:
Originally Posted by Machinehead
It just keeps getting more and more refined, very nice sir.
I think I have to agree, though, that not only are the labels on the main menu screen not needed with your icons, they detract from the overall cleanness.
Also, just a nit pick, but the labels on the audio player screen don't line up.
You got lazy on that audio player - nothing new there! :bored: :)
hey guys ...
nice spot on the labels - I'll get them sorted out for release.
hummm ... for the main screen, I did think about dropping the text labels, but not all of the menu icons are as self explainatory as those on menu one .. there are 3 menu screens, (15 icons in total) ... so I felt that the text label was needed ... but perhaps I can look at a way of making them user selectable, so if you want you could hide the menu labels ...
as for adding something to the main menu screen, I really don't know what else should be there ... I don't want to clutter it with unnecessary stuff either, but would love to hear suggestions if you have any ..
I like that layout for the audio player ... easy to use for us oldies ... :lol:
Originally Posted by treetop777
Would you try text below the icon? I think it will look much gentle and balanced(Ah icon reflection so text cannot located below icons).
Audio player always look good.
Nice clean and Simple...Keep it up, love the TEKNIK collection