For the new decade, here at last is Teknik-X.
This is a major update the Tek-4 skin. It retains most of the functionality found in Tek-4 and adds some new functionality, as well as addressing some of the user suggestions identified as 'issues' in that skin. This skin used Winamp, many audio features rely on Winamp.
I'd like to say thanks to all those who helped me with this release - both for supplying ideas and code, and for those who helped in testing - El-Camino, Carputer1, Mitchjs and GizmoQ among others. I also want to say thanks to all those developers for whose plugins / scripts I'm using - credit's are contained in the ExecTbl file. I don't think I'm releasing anything here that isn't already in the public domain - but let me know if you feel otherwise.
Features of TEKNIK-X
- Player #1 (Standard), Player #2 (List Mode), Browser (Standard), Browse By Cover.
- CoverJuke 1.52, Playlist Manager, 6 Disc Multichanger (with disk resume).
- Visual's, Lyrics, Ratings, Library Search, Play / View Album, Delete Current, Tag Edit.
- Player #1 (Standard), Browser (Standard).
- Garmin (with OSK), IG-4 (with functions), External.
- AM/FM, HD, IE-Radio (181.FM), XM, Sirius.
- Power Off, Hibernate, Close, Reboot, Standby, Reload RR, Reload Skin.
- Bowling, Darts, Shoot'em, Blackjack, Hexxagon, Poker, Golf, Breakout.
- Player #1 (Standard Internal).
- Built-in photo viewer.
- Current Weather, Today and 3-day forecast.
- Standard Browser Support.
[Other features supported]
- Media Copier.
- RRUPD8 updater.
- Wifi Manager.
[System - Utilities]
- Backgrounds, logo's, skins, switchable iList Support, definable keybeep, definable IDLE times.
- User definable splash screen.
- Task manager.
- 6 position user manager.
- Screen lock.
- Day / Night themes.
- Volume control, equaliser, and equaliser presets.
- Default backgrounds (auto loaded).
- Switchable menu icon's - (press&hold an icon to change it's functionality).
- Most screens now have a unique built-in help file.
There are three 'hidden' buttons used across most screens.
1. The 'Home' button has press&hold functionality of minimize.
2. The 'Exit' button has press&hold functionality showhelp.
3. The 'Mute' button has press&hold functionality to display audio mixer.
The press&hold functionality on the 'Home' and 'Exit' buttons is customisable via the Exectbl.ini - see 'SECCMD1' and 'SECCMD2'. Use the help feature to discover the use of any other buttons.
Required plug-in's can be downloaded either from this forum or from Enforcer's website.
It's important to install the two fonts included in the XHELP folder. These are needed for the help system to operate correctly.
Some screen shots from release ...
I like Tek4 so I know I'll like this one :)
Maybe you should try removing the frame from the buttons and the top label? If you want you could change the background a bit behind the text, but in this case (where there are no adjacent buttons, I feel it's not necessary.
Personally, I like the floating text style, like on your playlist.
I've updated the images in post#1 with images of the revised screen layouts...
man u good with GUIs
I like it, like the new top, the frame around the album art, the shades. Excellent work, as usual.
You may wish to consider removing date and clock. Or give the option in the settings/background screen? I have a big clock in my car, many here do, and date is just clutter. That's my opinion, of course.
Also, the navigation buttons in the main screen look great, but small. Since there's no buttons around the sides, you could try to make the clickable area much bigger than it looks, specially to the sides. In this case, it could go from the extreme right all the way past the "system" button. It's a trick that many skins could use, IMHO.
Also, I'd love to see a very well thought out screen for RR Media. So many cool commands and options...
Kudos to your work anyway, I couldn't do better even in my dreams!
thanks for the feedback guys ...
RipplingHurst - I'll make those few changes you suggested (date/time & main menu buttons) ... but as for RRMedia - hummm I'll have to loot at doing some screens for that now :lol:
Thanks anyway. I think RRMedia is a great way to use advanced playlist/library features without relying on winamp. Hope you can take a look at that some day.