machine you can do an install that has never had RR installed? Also when I was having crashes etc, I uninstalled Winamp and reinstalled, and that solved issues for me too.
I've been searching for a while...Is there still no way to edit the menu buttons?
I have been checking out this skin and it seems GREAT but I have found a couple of problems that I need help with. I did my best searching through all the threads to find solutions but didn't have any luck. Please spare the lash if I missed the info I needed.
1) I found that the Solitaire game does not display though the skin is launched. The "options" button doesn't seem to do anything either. I tried to follow the debug log and it looks like the Solitaire exe isn't the flash game but rather another program that does not exist. Am I reading this correctly? (SEE attached file)
ONBTNPRESS||LOAD;Games_Solitaire.skin;Solitaire;C: \WINDOWS\system32\sol.exe;!Solitaire!Solitaire", False
2) I have been trying to use the "CD" and "DVD" controls on the Main Menu displays (top of screen) and have found that both CD and DVD's are not ejected when that option is selected. Based on the debug file it also looks like a non-existant file for CD/DVD ejecting is being called??? (See attached file)
Leave Exec: False, menu.skin, RunQ;C:\Users\Jerry\Documents\RideRunner\Skins\DFX5\scripts\Ejector\Ejector.exe|CD, False
3) The CD and DVD control indicators on the Main Menu indicate correctly if a CD or DVD is inserted. However only the CD indicator displays correctly when the CD is removed. When a DVD is removed the DVD indicator is not reset. From the debug file I see when the media removal event is triggered but I can't determine what went wrong after that. (See attached file).
Again, sorry if the above are non-issues but I did my best to read the debug files. Is there a "How to read RR Debug files" document? I have been able to follow some of the info but FAR from all. How can you tell if a non-existant application is being called??
Thanks -- Jerry
Orginally this skin was done based around Win XP.
1. The soltaire game is the one included with the windows OS and the path is hardcoded to the WinXP location. Now the path may be different on XP or (looking at my work PC) not installed with Win7
2. This could again be down to a Win7/WinXP difference or more likely not installed to that location by the DFX installer
3. Again this could be a difference between the way XP and 7 and the way they handle the USB removed event.
Thanks for responding so quickly Enforcer. Yes my system is Win7.
I don't understand your "USB remove event" comment. Could you explain what you mean?
At any rate it seems like most of the problems I have are Win7 compatablity related. After having read a lot of the threads, it seemed like most of the Win7 compatabilty issues had been fixed already. Are the eject and DVD indicator problems actually RR related or DFX skin related? I would really like to find some sort of solutions. Seems like there would be a fair number of Win7 users that would also benefit.
I will just update my Solitaire skin. Do you recommend using the OS app or switch to the flash app in the DFX\Games directory? All the other DFX games use those flash apps.
Thanks - Jerry
Actually USB was wrong, too much coding specific on my part.
What I meant was device arrival events which are raised by the windows OS when new devices such as USB are plugged in but also covers CD's and DVD's being placed in their respective drives.
There will be a script (or maybe a plugin) that the DFX skin uses to trap and handle such events.
The skin used to use it's own script to deal with the device arrival/departure OS events but that was before it was added to RR and since updated to reflect this addition in RR. It then uses the info provided by rr to decide what action to take, and don't recall issues with W7 with this...