View Poll Results: While Using the DFX skin, do you use the RRMedia database for your music?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I use it as the primary music browser

    75 77.32%
  • No, I use the standard folder browser

    22 22.68%
Page 24 of 246 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 2452

Thread: DFX 5.1.2 Released [ Updated 04-02-12 ]

  1. #231
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,321
    i use power and menu way more then any other buttons. the volume buttons are never/rarely used (i use the headunit for that). well now that voice control works so well, theyre never used. "SHUT THE F*$& UP!" and it mutes, or say any percentage in 10's and it will adjust to that.

  2. #232
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    13

    Rrtms

    Is anyone other than me having trouble with the new TPMS screen? tms.skin looks like Blue's work and I like it, but it isn't working for me.

    In DFX4 I put all of Robby's components into the Road Runner folder and it has been working fine and in fact it still does work fine. If I switch to DFX5 the TPMS screen opens up, but it isn't displaying any data from the sensors - is there something else I need to configure?

    I'm using the October release of RideRunner, maybe it doesn't like being in the old Road Runner path?

    Thanks for a great skin in DFX5, if I can get TPMS working I'll switch from DFX4

  3. #233
    Variable Bitrate navputer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    DFW Area
    Posts
    302

    DFX Menu Button Editor

    Is anyone experiening a problem saving with the Menu Button editor? I tried saving to one of the "unused" buttons and it will not save. I got it to save a few times but now it will not save. Also, I was trying to add in a few plugins (using Menu Button editor - when it did save) and I don't see the added plugins in the list. Can I manually add the file somewhere?

    I looked in skin.ini and I see the plugin there but it still does not show in the popup list. In DFX 4, you could add maually it in the "unused" section in exectbl.ini and it would show. What I am missing here?

    RR Oct Rel
    WinXP Pro

    Thanks for your help
    Gee

  4. #234
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    47
    I fixed my album art issue and I love this skin.

    My question is that in the music browser under each album it sorts the songs my number instead of track order. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
    '05 Magnum RT
    CarPC coming soon. Hopefully end of 2010.
    Parts left to buy-
    Monitor, Bybyte frame, Axxess hook up, Sheet metal for double din case.

  5. #235
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,789
    Quote Originally Posted by trader007 View Post
    i use power and menu way more then any other buttons. The volume buttons are never/rarely used (i use the headunit for that).
    +1

  6. #236
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,321
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderZ15 View Post
    I fixed my album art issue and I love this skin.

    My question is that in the music browser under each album it sorts the songs my number instead of track order. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
    make sure you have rr set to lookup id3 tags, not your directory structure.

    and if youre not sure if your tags are good,

    download jrmediajukebox.com and load all your music into its library. from there you can edit your music's tags easily. even auto-edit them.

  7. #237
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,789
    Quote Originally Posted by navputer View Post
    Is anyone experiening a problem saving with the Menu Button editor? I tried saving to one of the "unused" buttons and it will not save.
    Yes, I experienced the same problem. After messing with it quite a bit I figured out how to make it work. When setting up a new button, do not save a button image at first. Instead, just fill in the label field and the RR Command field and then hit done and save and exit. This will save the label and command. Then if you want to add a button image reopen the button editor and add an image to the button you just created. For some reason, it does not save your changes if you add an image at the same time you create the button. Your new button will be added to the pop-up list if you follow this procedure.

  8. #238
    Raw Wave treetop777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    War-Town, GA.
    Posts
    2,233
    ^^ Very Nice! I'm going to have to remember where to find this answer.

    Thanks for sharing
    ****************************************
    OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
    Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
    Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
    BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
    M2-ATX Power Supply
    RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
    Windows XP SP3

  9. #239
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,707
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by blk02si View Post
    I still don't understand why this skin is setup for a right hand drive vehicle?

    Like the least used button (power) is on the left, while the most used buttons (volume) are on the right.

    Other than that, this is a spectacular skin!! Nice work John
    Ok, to adress this again, as it was brought up in the DFX3, 4, and now 5 thread

    The menu button I have found most used of all the buttons, and is on the far left, as 90% of users of this skin are in left hand drive vehicles. This is based on the DFX4 downloads by geographic area. The Play, RW, FF buttons are dead centered, no matter which side you drive from. The volume buttons are on the right, as I have found that most people use a volume knob, or head unit to control the volume, as I do as well.

    On a last note, on a standard 7" screen, I am sorry, but you will have to reach all to way over, contorting and stretching, to the other side of the screen to control the volume As it is around a whopping 1 to 2 inches further to reach In some situations I guess a passenger could be asked nicely to press the volume down button from their side of the car. I have to wonder if some people, when using a head unit, if only presets for the radio 1 through 3 are the only ones used, as 4 through 6 is just too far to stretch.



    Quote Originally Posted by turbotimbo View Post
    Is anyone other than me having trouble with the new TPMS screen? tms.skin looks like Blue's work and I like it, but it isn't working for me.

    In DFX4 I put all of Robby's components into the Road Runner folder and it has been working fine and in fact it still does work fine. If I switch to DFX5 the TPMS screen opens up, but it isn't displaying any data from the sensors - is there something else I need to configure?

    I'm using the October release of RideRunner, maybe it doesn't like being in the old Road Runner path?

    Thanks for a great skin in DFX5, if I can get TPMS working I'll switch from DFX4
    I designed the screen, but I put am image of Blue's car in there, as I was tired of all of the "little red car" jokes I do not have a TPMS system, and used Robby's skin as the template to create the one in DFX5. I had no way to test it. If someone could see what needs to be changed, I will gladly update the skin, and include it with future releases.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderZ15 View Post
    I fixed my album art issue and I love this skin.

    My question is that in the music browser under each album it sorts the songs my number instead of track order. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
    They are sorting by number? That number should be the track number. If this is the case, possibly your track numbers in the ID3 tags are incorrect?

    Quote Originally Posted by kbreeden View Post
    Yes, I experienced the same problem. After messing with it quite a bit I figured out how to make it work. When setting up a new button, do not save a button image at first. Instead, just fill in the label field and the RR Command field and then hit done and save and exit. This will save the label and command. Then if you want to add a button image reopen the button editor and add an image to the button you just created. For some reason, it does not save your changes if you add an image at the same time you create the button. Your new button will be added to the pop-up list if you follow this procedure.
    This is something to look into. Will try to get it fixed ASAP.
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

  10. #240
    Newbie gasse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    32
    I choose to use Fennec as my default browser on dfx, but it doesn't start. When I press "Browser", browser skin starts but no Fennec on it. Am I the only guy with this problem? Editing skin.ini using "FENNEC" instead the long string "BYVAR..." is a working solution, but this "solution" is not as nice as "BYVAR..." solution.
    LPG powered FIAT Stilo 1.8 16v - carputing the road since 2005
    AMD Athlon64 3200+, Asrock K8NF6G-VSTA, 1x512Mb DDR Geil, 1xHdd Maxtor Momentus 320Gb, LG GH22NS DVD burner, M4-ATX, Delong 7" monitor + TS @ 800x600 75Hz, backup camera, ELM327

Similar Threads

  1. Skype Plugin released
    By lambosprit in forum RR Released Plugins
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: 12-21-2010, 10:58 AM
  2. Teknik v2.0 - RELEASED
    By Valheru in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-04-2007, 10:22 AM
  3. DFx skin + winamp 5.13
    By vicky_obee in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-04-2007, 12:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •