I'm having strahge issue with DFX5. Winamp visualization (milkdrop) won't embed. It stays in the background. It's fine with DFX4. Also button grafics load OK, but when I hover mouse over buttons - grafics disappear. Same with my logo. I updated flash and all - still. Another problem I have - is I payed for splash removal, applyed fix, but I still see it. By the way, when I first installed everything on my desktop (win 7) - everything worked fine.
What am I missing?
Just wondering if anybody has looked at or is working on a fix for the Garmin on screen keyboard hiding the the Garmin main app when it is activated??
I have had a quick look for any simple typos in the skin, but not knowing enough about RR, I was unable to fix anything. :( Im assuming compared to the effort which has gone into developing the Garmin OSK skin, the fix is likely to be very simple!!
This is the only issue which is holding me back from geting my PC in my car!
Hope somebody is able to offer assistance, becasue I know there would be a lot of happy campers on this forum if they could ;)
The current Garmin interface isn't a good solution as it blocks out the whole screen.
I thought it was suppose to work as an overlay, like the Garmin OSK I had in DFX4?
Also while we are on the subject.
How can I make Garmin full screen? (again like the Garmin OSK in DFX4)
Not sure why there's a fee now for this skin. This skin hasn't worked completely since day 1 of me using it over 3 years ago...
Now that I've upgraded to this new version the basic stuff i used doesn't even work now. Here's a short list of what I can remember off the top of my head:
1) the "Add Album" button does not work
2) "rescan DB" doesn't do anything when pressed
3) when it first turns on i get a massive annoying msg that says "adjusting to daylight\night" that doesn't go away even when exited out of RideRunner; I have to log off of windows then go back in for it to work
4) when i set the layout for the front to have the car logo + time and date + compass it never stays after a song is played; it changes to the song's "album cover"
5) the stopwatch doesn't work at all
6) when attempting to go back to the menu from various other menus via clicking "Menu" it doesn't do anything, and am forced to quit the program and re-open it; sometimes it works though after clicking and waiting about 10-15sec
7) the gas prices feature doesn't work at all either. clicking on the zip code button doesn't do anything either
8) when I open the calendar it just brings up a bunch of empty squares without anything shown but "Sun" - "Sat" and "Prev" and "Next" buttons
Don't get me wrong, this skin is awesome and I wouldn't use any other, but I don't quite understand why there's pretty much a requirement to pay to get rid of the annoying advertisement in the beginning that we have to stare at before using it. I would understand if everything worked how it should like a product you were to buy and then worked how it should upon initial installation...
Great skin though, John, still needs a bit of work though before it's ready for fee-based...
I've been using it for quite some time now, I know a significant amount about this software, and repair PCs and Macs for a living. It's not me, I've done a lot to try and troubleshoot it myself before coming here.
I've read this thread before posting as well and nothing has addressed it or worked.
How can you say that? A lot of things have been addressed here as not working, I'm not the only one to say something lol