I just installed RideRunner and this skin this morning, so I'm definitely new at this.
For my external GPS app, I'm using CoPilot. The program embeds perfect, but would like to know what I need to do to make a couple of changes:
1 - Display current playing media info across the top bar of the screen (title - artist, as well as a position indicator, if possible)
2 - Change bottom row of buttons to media control, home menu and current time
CoPilot adapts perfect to different window sizes - it'll use whatever space the skin sets up.
damn jebus has been gettin it on with that chick for a long *** time....
Ok - I think I can handle that part.
Now, couple of questions about it 1st:
1 - I looked in the skin editor at it, but saw a bunch of different GPS files for it. Which one do I modify?
2 - What do I need to do to add the current time to the skin?
Sorry for the ?'s, but like I said, I'm a 100% noob with RR. Guess I've been using Crapafuse for too long now.
Welcome former "crapfuse" user! :D
1. Go to screen that you want to add the time to
2. Click the "Add" button top left of editor
3. Select "Label" from the drop down, then "Done"
4. Label box will appear at the top left of the screen, aprox 30x30 white box
5. Drag that box to where you want it, dragging from the center of the box
6. Size it using the sides to stretch it to size.
7. Double click in the box, you should now be looking at a "Object Properties" window
8. To keep it color sync'd with the rest of the skin, in the color R,G,B boxes put #DFX1R# , #DFX1G# , #DFX1B# in the corresponding box
9. Set a font size, I think 15 is the size that is mostly used through out
10. Again, to keep font syn'd with skin enter #DFXFONT# for the font name
11. The code you want is "TIME" (including the quotes)
12. If you want a special formatting of the time aside from the format chosen in the RRConfig for Time format, enter it in the Format box, you can also click the button on the right for quick formatting opts
13. Click "Done", and save skin.
The last time I messed around with my carpc it was DFX4.0. I got a new pc, fresh install of dfx 5.0.3 and the latest riderunner. Everything seems to be working great, but when I click on Settings > Change Wallpaper no matter which one I am on, I push change, and it always sets it to the American Flag at the top of the list. Tried it again. I tried to select Brushed, I push change, and it sets it to the Flag thats at the top of the list. I have been fighting with it for hours, not sure what is going on. I even uninstalled and reinstalled everything and it is still doing it.
Now if I change the theme to one of the 6 default ones, the wallpaper will change to that theme's. But I can;t change it by itself, I am not sure if this is new for DFX 5 or if I am losing my mind lol.
I am experiencing the same problem. My first wallpaper is Abyss, so that is the only one that comes up for me.
However, I am able to change it manually in the skin.ini or wherever it was I found the line to change.