Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 502

Thread: Simplistique Skin Release - download and screenshots

  1. #71
    Variable Bitrate nameeri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    308
    Oh yeah, and thanks Lloydy great job!!

  2. #72
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    53
    Has any one had any problems using the internal MPC player for DVD? It works fine for other videos, but for DVDs I get no playback or functions in the buttons. Only the eject button works. But everyother skin I have works fine with the DVD playback. Other than that great skin very clean and oem looking.

    Dre

  3. #73
    Low Bitrate wishbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    80
    His skin is specifically coded for an external, powerdvd in this case. So if you aren't using that you'll need to change the skin file to support whatever software you want to use. I don't know enough about how to change to get it to work with MPC, sorry.

  4. #74
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    53
    I did try Power DVD deluxe using "PowerDVD Deluxe version" as the window name. While it sort of worked it didn't allow the skin's buttons to control playback. I'll play with it some more I'm sure I'm missing something small.

  5. #75
    Variable Bitrate nameeri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by RR BuGGz
    Has any one had any problems using the internal MPC player for DVD? It works fine for other videos, but for DVDs I get no playback or functions in the buttons. Only the eject button works. But everyother skin I have works fine with the DVD playback. Other than that great skin very clean and oem looking.

    Dre
    I was able to get playback for DVD's using media player classic. It worked for me no problem. Maybe its a codec problem and not a problem with the skin. I have installed the k-lite codec pack, which also included media player classic. You should try that one out.

  6. #76
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    53
    Thanks, for the info. I'm already using K-lite codecs with MPC and it works fine with all the other skins and MPC as a standlone launched from withing the RR folder. I maybe wrong but I could have sworn I had the DVD player working when I first installed this skin. I lost track of any changes/additions I made after the initial skin install.

    Dre

  7. #77
    Low Bitrate wishbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by RR BuGGz
    I did try Power DVD deluxe using "PowerDVD Deluxe version" as the window name. While it sort of worked it didn't allow the skin's buttons to control playback. I'll play with it some more I'm sure I'm missing something small.
    Another note about powerdvd. His "play" button is not correct. It needs to be remapped to the space bar istead of what he uses. You'll see my post earlier in this thread about that. Of course if you can't get it to play, none of the other buttons will work. Let me know if you want to go down the powerdvd route. The reason I did powerdvd is that the auto resume feature. I don't believe mpc has this? I could be wrong though as I haven't played with MPC for dvd playback.

    Lloydy, get your hardware yet? =) I'd love to see some more work on this skin.

  8. #78
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by wishbone
    Another note about powerdvd. His "play" button is not correct. It needs to be remapped to the space bar istead of what he uses. You'll see my post earlier in this thread about that. Of course if you can't get it to play, none of the other buttons will work. Let me know if you want to go down the powerdvd route. The reason I did powerdvd is that the auto resume feature. I don't believe mpc has this? I could be wrong though as I haven't played with MPC for dvd playback.

    Lloydy, get your hardware yet? =) I'd love to see some more work on this skin.

    Where did you add/edit the button command? In external_dvd.skin? Do you mind posting the code/lines so I can get an idea of what it supposed to look like? TIA

    Dre

  9. #79
    Low Bitrate wishbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by RR BuGGz
    Where did you add/edit the button command? In external_dvd.skin? Do you mind posting the code/lines so I can get an idea of what it supposed to look like? TIA

    Dre
    powerdvd_player.skin:
    /, B, x, y, w, h, Command;COMMANDCODES, Tooltip
    B11,520,5,67,75,"Sendkey;LT","Title Menu"
    B42,305,6,64,72,"SENDKEY;S",""
    B09,92,1,65,78,"Sendkey;P","Up"
    B05,375,2,66,78,"Sendkey;{PGUP}","Prev"
    B07,12,3,66,78,"Sendkey;S||EJECT","Stop/Eject"
    B06,233,2,66,78,"Sendkey;{SPACE}","Play"
    B08,163,4,66,77,"Sendkey;{PGDN}","Right"
    B10,443,2,65,78,"Sendkey;N","Down"
    B12,1,86,111,101,"EXIT","Exit"
    B20,547,97,87,90,"VOL-",""
    B21,632,97,86,89,"VOL+",""
    B44,125,90,99,81,"MIXER",""
    You need ot change {SPACE} to {ENTER} to have it work properly with power dvd. You can also edit this file to use whatever dvd player you want. Just have to change the sendkey commands to whatever payer you use, uses. Hope that helps.

  10. #80
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    167
    Sorry about the delay in replies. Just some back from an amazing 3000 mile roadtrip around California (and Nevada ...and Arizona actually)!

    Apologies for the delay in the next release of my skin. I will get to work on it as soon as I've had good kip and get my backlog of uni work outta the way.

    DVD Player issues I will deffo look into. The ol' ENTER / SPACE replacement seems to fix a lot of problems as already mentioned.

    I got a standard old WinTV car in the end for FM but I now need a new soundcard (was gonna get a USB soundcard anyway) so that I can have a line-in for the radio.

    Bear with me - this skin is top of my agenda!

    LLOYDY

Similar Threads

  1. MMI eXtnd
    By proTONEd in forum FP Skins
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 05:26 AM
  2. Headunit (Linux/Windows CarPC frontend) + initial screenshots
    By NoPistonPC in forum Other Cool Front Ends
    Replies: 321
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 02:57 PM
  3. mac style skin release...
    By btbe in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 09:07 AM
  4. RR Holistic v2.2 Beta skin is ready for download
    By holistic in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 09:21 AM
  5. iGmod Beta 2 release
    By PURDooM in forum Other Cool Stuff
    Replies: 625
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 02:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •