"nGen" Skin (updated Sep-12-2010)
UPDATE: Sep-12-2010. I'm looking for 3-5 Beta testers for the night skin. This is still not complete but most of the functionality is there (see list below). Please PM or reply here if you are interested. The Beta will go out before the end of the week..
Skin based on Ford NexGen System. NOTE There is no main menu. You are able to select the startup screen under tools. Menu choices are dynamic.
Need to complete
- Dynamic Menu button down based on selection (will release beta once this is complete) DONE
- >6 Menu item change while not reloading skin or screen DONE
- HD Radio Skin DONE
- Sirius/XM Skin Partial - will complete before beta release
- Plugin Skin DONE
- Working Phone Skin
- Complete Tools Skin (mixer, features etc)
- Indicators for phone, BT, WIFI, direction etc
- Button down states
- Options/Devices in Audio and Video Skin
- Day Skin (will be complete after private Beta)
I'm in the middle of my CarPC build and am finalizing everything on my test machine. Looking for a suitable skin I thought about how carwings was adapted from an OEM skin. Based off of that I started looking for OEM skins and found what looks like screenshots of Ford's nexgen navigation system with sync. Do you think this would be worthwhile replicating with a skin in RR? If there's an interest I can start to put something together. I think the design can be enhanced a bit but here are a few images.