Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 76

Thread: My First Skin Concept: Windows 7

  1. #51
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    146
    Interested in seeing how much of your idea can be implemented in RR. Are you planning on using a lot of flash?

  2. #52
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    303
    I like this a lot.


  3. #53
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by spamminator View Post
    Interested in seeing how much of your idea can be implemented in RR. Are you planning on using a lot of flash?
    The plan is to do as much as possible without flash, but flash is always and option, and I am pretty good at it. I won't really know until I start digging in and getting my hands dirty

    Quote Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
    I like this a lot.
    Thank you sir, I thought you would. And I am going to use flash on this screen. Do you see the arrow, when that is press, the icons with rotate like a pin wheel and be replaced with a new set of icons. If that makes sense...haha.

    Quote Originally Posted by ws6vert View Post
    gah... who the let me get on a computer? I can only imagine how long it took me it to get signed in.

    All better now, ha. Anyways, with the addition of the stars, it seems to clutter up the Now playing module. I support treetop, and say just use an on art click to load a small menu over the album art, that you can display more info about the track, like Album, Genre, etc., and have your star rating there. Keeps it looking clean. It looks too busy as is.

    Also, the bigger buttons are nice, but they are almost too large, if that's possible. I think they need to be spread out more... maybe if u plan to move the Pictures Icon to the next set, u can free up room along the top to spread them out. (some of us have fat fingers) haha. Also, whats the intended purpose of the folder icon on the media bar? I was thinkin maybe u could eliminate that and spread those out as well. After that, I think the button size should be pretty good!

    For indicators, there is really only need for 1 volume label... and I like the one at the bottom without the slider, the slider is just over kill, I should know how much 95% is without having to look at a slider. The one at the bottom lets me take a quick look at the volume, and adjust it without having to look at 2 opposite areas of the screen. Also, mute, shuffle, repeat, can all be indicated with their buttons I believe. I would replace these indicators with WIFI, Bluetooth, HD radio, or something along those lines.

    All in all, I'd say there has been some serious progress made on the concept. It looks great right now, Id certainly be interested in using it when released. Oh, and sorry again for the random sloppy post...
    I can see what you are saying, as of now I think I am moving on to a new screen, I am going to come back and fix all the small stuff later. Good point. The only reason why I put the volume up there also is because I have and AVIC-D3 currently, and when you turn the volume up your hand gets in the way.... who programmed that interface... haha

    I will make some changes, I really like the bluetooth, wifi idea!! I am just going to get the base screens down, so everyone can see where I am headed, and be able to make suggestions on the project as a whole. Plus I am getting burned out on the main screen

    Oh and the folder is to do a music search, well at least that is the idea.

  4. #54
    MySQL Error soundman98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    on the border of northern IL/IN
    Posts
    5,848
    Quote Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
    I like this a lot.

    +1

    it is really coming to gether very nicely.


    for the square button area, i think it would work just fine to use smaller parts of a image for the active area of the button, the biggest trick to this is getting the rest of the icon to look ok when it doesn't get highlighted.

  5. #55
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
    +1
    for the square button area, i think it would work just fine to use smaller parts of a image for the active area of the button, the biggest trick to this is getting the rest of the icon to look ok when it doesn't get highlighted.
    I am kind of confused by what you mean by this sentence. Can you elaborate a little more??
    Thanks, maybe I am just reading it wrong, but it's just not really making sense to me.

  6. #56
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    27
    Well I threw some images into RR today, and overall I am pretty satisfied. One thing I saw, but didn't really get a chance to look into... but when you press a button the rollover wont come back until you hover off then back on. This is not really a big deal since my screen is going to be touch, but I want to fix it for testing, cuz right now I have a mouse, and that's annoying, I may just rid of hover over for the time being. The is quite the setup though, not to bad to program in at all. Pretty simple, I just wish there was a search function or at least the list would respond to typing, oh well scrolling all the way down to VOL isn't that bad I guess I have just become lazy with the Pansonic language I use at work.

  7. #57
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by ihateafropaul View Post
    Well I threw some images into RR today, and overall I am pretty satisfied. One thing I saw, but didn't really get a chance to look into... but when you press a button the rollover wont come back until you hover off then back on. This is not really a big deal since my screen is going to be touch, but I want to fix it for testing, cuz right now I have a mouse, and that's annoying, I may just rid of hover over for the time being. The is quite the setup though, not to bad to program in at all. Pretty simple, I just wish there was a search function or at least the list would respond to typing, oh well scrolling all the way down to VOL isn't that bad I guess I have just become lazy with the Pansonic language I use at work.
    Using the skin editor I presume? Of course, real men use Notepad

  8. #58

  9. #59
    MySQL Error soundman98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    on the border of northern IL/IN
    Posts
    5,848
    Quote Originally Posted by ihateafropaul View Post
    I am kind of confused by what you mean by this sentence. Can you elaborate a little more??
    Thanks, maybe I am just reading it wrong, but it's just not really making sense to me.

    being that rr uses squares for button presses, instead of using the whole icon, just use a small portion of each icon that will respond to button presses. for instance, for the internet explorer button, set up a button area just around the 'e', and leave the swoosh that extends past the 'e' alone.

    something like this:


    this could have been you original idea, i might not have seen it.

  10. #60
    Maximum Bitrate ws6vert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    523
    What if you were to rotate it and put it like this on the left side? Would that help with the rectangles? Also, this seems to make it flow with the left side limits in my opinion. it doesn't look like an offset circle. JUst my opinion. This is a rough idea, you would obviously have to rotate the icons, and probably reorder them.

    Attachment 55875

    Does that make sense? I can try to do a better one if im not being clear. All I had on hand was MS Paint, because real men draw skins in MS Paint. HAHA

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Skin Editor [ v0.7.8 Updated 4/17/11 ]
    By Blue ZX3 in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 262
    Last Post: 01-30-2013, 04:47 PM
  2. Replies: 65
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 02:03 AM
  3. How To: Get your new skin out to the masses.
    By monkeyracer in forum RR FAQ
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-19-2008, 07:59 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •