Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Carwings Dynamic Lite DAYTIME

  1. #1
    Maximum Bitrate fixerofallthing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lawrenceville GA
    Posts
    769

    Carwings Dynamic Lite DAYTIME

    Been toying with the idea of a daytime version of Carwings Lite. If there is interest I will release it.

    Name:  MENU_OFF.JPG
Views: 750
Size:  95.9 KB
    The Car 2005 Scion xB

    The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

  2. #2
    Mod - iPad Forums RipplingHurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Danville, CA
    Posts
    2,176
    I think it looks great! That off-white/silver is for me the best solution for day time viewing.

  3. #3
    Maximum Bitrate fixerofallthing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lawrenceville GA
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by RipplingHurst View Post
    I think it looks great! That off-white/silver is for me the best solution for day time viewing.
    Me too. It works great in the truck.
    I emailed you a link to d/l at the email address you sent me the other day. Did you get itl or do I need to resend it? Once you get it I found a couple of bugs to fix so I will send you a new link once they are fixed.
    The Car 2005 Scion xB

    The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

  4. #4
    The Last Good Gremlin GizmoQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by RipplingHurst View Post
    I think it looks great! That off-white/silver is for me the best solution for day time viewing.
    I have seen many day skins in the past and have come to the conclusion that we probably need to add another term to our collective vocabulary... There are lighter skins for daytime use and there should be skins for "DAYLIGHT" ,i.e., direct sunlight in a convertable. These skins are for extreme conditions and in my opinion must be bold black letters and symbols on a pale/off-white background.

    Every time someone announces a new day skin I get excited and then disappointed. My screen in my vert works well but but the text of these day skins really does need to be black.
    At least with a black font I have several pale backgrounds I can use in the vert.
    HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

  5. #5
    Maximum Bitrate fixerofallthing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lawrenceville GA
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ View Post
    I have seen many day skins in the past and have come to the conclusion that we probably need to add another term to our collective vocabulary... There are lighter skins for daytime use and there should be skins for "DAYLIGHT" ,i.e., direct sunlight in a convertable. These skins are for extreme conditions and in my opinion must be bold black letters and symbols on a pale/off-white background.

    Every time someone announces a new day skin I get excited and then disappointed. My screen in my vert works well but but the text of these day skins really does need to be black.
    At least with a black font I have several pale backgrounds I can use in the vert.
    I can do that too. With this version I was trying to keep the feel of the grey carwings but in lighter colors. I played with an almost pure black and white version while I worked on this. I will do a screen shot for you and see if you would like a complete skin.
    The Car 2005 Scion xB

    The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

  6. #6
    The Last Good Gremlin GizmoQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by fixerofallthing View Post
    i can do that too. With this version i was trying to keep the feel of the grey carwings but in lighter colors. I played with an almost pure black and white version while i worked on this. I will do a screen shot for you and see if you would like a complete skin.
    cool!
    HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

  7. #7
    Maximum Bitrate fixerofallthing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lawrenceville GA
    Posts
    769
    How about something like this?

    Name:  MENU_OFF.JPG
Views: 705
Size:  86.1 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ View Post
    cool!
    The Car 2005 Scion xB

    The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

  8. #8
    The Last Good Gremlin GizmoQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    2,347
    That would definitely work!
    HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

  9. #9
    Maximum Bitrate fixerofallthing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lawrenceville GA
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ View Post
    That would definitely work!
    Great. Working on a complete release now for both screenshots. Should be available soon.
    The Car 2005 Scion xB

    The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

  10. #10
    Mod - iPad Forums RipplingHurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Danville, CA
    Posts
    2,176
    Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ View Post
    I have seen many day skins in the past and have come to the conclusion that we probably need to add another term to our collective vocabulary... There are lighter skins for daytime use and there should be skins for "DAYLIGHT" ,i.e., direct sunlight in a convertable. These skins are for extreme conditions and in my opinion must be bold black letters and symbols on a pale/off-white background.

    Every time someone announces a new day skin I get excited and then disappointed. My screen in my vert works well but but the text of these day skins really does need to be black.
    At least with a black font I have several pale backgrounds I can use in the vert.
    Exactly! Perfectly put! Most skin gurus should develop for both: a daytime skin and a DAYLIGHT! skin!

    DAYLIGHT! skin may not look as good when coding in your glossy screen at night, but under direct bright sunlight, no clouds CA Summer sun...only DAYLIGHT! will do.


    Quote Originally Posted by fixerofallthing View Post
    I can do that too. With this version I was trying to keep the feel of the grey carwings but in lighter colors. I played with an almost pure black and white version while I worked on this. I will do a screen shot for you and see if you would like a complete skin.
    2xCOOL.

    Quote Originally Posted by fixerofallthing View Post
    How about something like this?

    Name:  MENU_OFF.JPG
Views: 705
Size:  86.1 KB

    Awesome! I think you could keep the off-white/silver. The whites must be opaque so as not to reflect light. So I think the silver on the first one above works okay for me (i tested in the car already, when you first sent it). Now the black/off-black(?) can be glossy, I think. So yeah, both work for me, but darker fonts should be preferred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. eLite Lite 1.6.6 (NEWS UPDATE 9-15-11)
    By suavecito in forum RR Released Skins
    Replies: 1007
    Last Post: 10-29-2013, 10:03 AM
  2. Carwings
    By fixerofallthing in forum RR Released Skins
    Replies: 239
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 08:25 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 09:54 AM
  4. Dash Command Lite Goes for a Test Drive
    By Fiberoptic in forum Mp3Car Blog Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 02:50 PM
  5. Carwings and external GPS
    By Grebo in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2009, 03:49 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •