Yeah, it's all Blue's fault.
I've been using 2.5 for a while and love it. I installed 3.0 but have yet to get it to work correctly.
1) I cannot get the Streets and Trips application to open by pressing the GPS button that is assigned to Streets and Trips. The skin loads, but the app doesn't open.
2) In the Sirius skin I have no sat strength icon (or the ter icon) and I have not buttons for scrolling up, down, or select. It just has a slider looking icon that I can't interact with.
3) If I hold down favorites for icons in the Sirius skin, I get 1 screen full of icons like expected. I thought it was strange there was only 1 page of them, and I could see no way of scrolling or moving to another page, so I pressed the >>| button and Streets and Trips opened in the proper skin! WTF?!
4) Weather is messed up but I haven't tried fixing it yet. Only maps work, not location data is displayed.
I really like the way this skin is layed out and how it works. I just need to get these things resolved...
OK , I have DFX 3.0 on 2 different PCs. On one it works fine. On the other one after the main menu loads up I hear the PC say (as far as I can make it out), " background is set...set command labels 48....check icons.." What the heck is that??
I uninstall the skin and re-installed it and it still does it. This is the only skin it does it on. I also tried it on DFX2,BlueDevil, and BMV. Those are fine. So I figure it has to be something in the skin file and not RR file, right??
#4 This is a known problem now, the weather feed that rr pulls that data from changed and messed up a whole lot of peoples websites and such. Check the Weather no working thread for a slightly older and modified "RoadRunner.exe" that would fix your weather problem
Its a good idea to add it to the next config, but then again its not a SKIN issue it was in the RR CONFIG!!
Well I hope my stupidity will help others!
Here's how to solve this small display problem:
1)Open menu.skin edit those line :
Change the RED number by 50.Code:L,525,85,255,29,#DFX1R#,#DFX1G#,#DFX1B#,23,"Trebuchet MS","TAGALBUM","LEFT" L,91,85,359,33,#DFX1R#,#DFX1G#,#DFX1B#,23,"Trebuchet MS","TAGARTIST","SCROLL-LEFT" L01,91,35,523,42,#DFX1R#,#DFX1G#,#DFX1B#,25,"Trebuchet MS","TAGTITLE","SCROLL-LEFT"
2) Do the same modification with menu2.skin
This mods will change the height of the labels so that way the names won't be truncate. You can also change the font if you want by replacing the "trebuchet" by your favorite font.
VMT, I think there is another place that these changes need to be made if memory serves me correct. I think if you change the theme then these numbers will get overridden, I could be wrong.