Like Tree1Likes

Thread: DigitalFX 4.0

  1. #3421
    The Curator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Blue ZX3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago area,IL
    Posts
    5,079
    I use both standby and hib with the RR v12/2/08 and this w/o any of these issues. I have a USB( Serial adpt 4 GPS,pwd hub, linksys wifi adpt), PCI SB card.

    That doesn't not help I know, but does show that it could be something in your sys or ...??
    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

    Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

    DFX 5.1.1 Skin
    Appstore Link

    My RideRunner Plugins
    RRMedia
    RRExtended
    DFXVoice

    "There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

  2. #3422
    Raw Wave tbird2340's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Poland, OH
    Posts
    2,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
    I use both standby and hib with the RR v12/2/08 and this w/o any of these issues. I have a USB( Serial adpt 4 GPS,pwd hub, linksys wifi adpt), PCI SB card.

    That doesn't not help I know, but does show that it could be something in your sys or ...??
    Well it's definitely SOMETHING with our systems... This much is for sure.. Just trying to figure out what the unique part of those of us having this problem is.. That's why I threw out the RRPDC idea.. I know that isn't as common as gps, wifi, etc..
    Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

    Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

    First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

  3. #3423
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by tbird2340 View Post
    Well it's definitely SOMETHING with our systems... This much is for sure.. Just trying to figure out what the unique part of those of us having this problem is.. That's why I threw out the RRPDC idea.. I know that isn't as common as gps, wifi, etc..
    I dont run the RRPDC plugin.
    Where's the bug tracking page for DFx4, At Johns web site?
    We should open a ticket so we can organize the information. Maybe we can find a common factor by looking at our specs and symptoms.

    here the ticket I opened for RR where I included some information related to the issue
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-b...bernation.html

  4. #3424
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    63

    ODB II plugin - Where is it?

    Where is the ODBII plugin. I am tired to have to have to exit RR/DFX to load an external program?

  5. #3425
    Raw Wave tbird2340's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Poland, OH
    Posts
    2,000
    Quote Originally Posted by silvi4000 View Post
    I dont run the RRPDC plugin.
    Where's the bug tracking page for DFx4, At Johns web site?
    We should open a ticket so we can organize the information. Maybe we can find a common factor by looking at our specs and symptoms.

    here the ticket I opened for RR where I included some information related to the issue
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-b...bernation.html
    John had a bug tracking page but it's down / 404 - http://www.johnwpb.com/BugReports/
    Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

    Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

    First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

  6. #3426
    Constant Bitrate utd09bry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Dallas,TX
    Posts
    216
    just to add to the poll... i use hibernation with DFX4 all the time, no issues.

    it seems to me it must be a plugin or configuration common to all of your problems.

    since you mentioned having the problems after installing a specific plugin, have you not tried stripping that off and debugging from the ground up? unplug everything USB, disable all plugins, and just start enabling things one-by-one.

  7. #3427
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by utd09bry View Post
    just to add to the poll... i use hibernation with DFX4 all the time, no issues.

    it seems to me it must be a plugin or configuration common to all of your problems.

    since you mentioned having the problems after installing a specific plugin, have you not tried stripping that off and debugging from the ground up? unplug everything USB, disable all plugins, and just start enabling things one-by-one.

    I run RRcam but the screens and executable came already with DFx4. I run iguidance once in a while and sometimes netRadio. But I can replicate the issue by opening DFx4 , not opening any screens or plugins and then hibernating. The freezing happens anyway when resuming.

  8. #3428
    Constant Bitrate utd09bry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Dallas,TX
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by silvi4000 View Post
    I run RRcam but the screens and executable came already with DFx4. I run iguidance once in a while and sometimes netRadio. But I can replicate the issue by opening DFx4 , not opening any screens or plugins and then hibernating. The freezing happens anyway when resuming.
    Technically a lot of plugins initialize on skin startup whether or not you navigate to a screen or manually activate them.. I would still try to strip the skin down and build it back to see what is causing the problem.

    Have you tried running just a vanilla version of DFX4? How about on your home desktop?

  9. #3429
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    63

    odb ii Plugin

    Quote Originally Posted by bay350z View Post
    Thats, great to see the ODBII plug in. I have had the hardware for awhile, but never used it since I had to switch to another app.
    Where can I get this plugin? I do not see it in the menu options

  10. #3430
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by utd09bry View Post
    Technically a lot of plugins initialize on skin startup whether or not you navigate to a screen or manually activate them.. I would still try to strip the skin down and build it back to see what is causing the problem.

    Have you tried running just a vanilla version of DFX4? How about on your home desktop?
    If you have any ideas of tests I can do just let me know what to do.

Similar Threads

  1. Help! Need RR and DFX 4.0 advice
    By schwazche in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 02:25 PM
  2. ProScan 4.0 Released
    By ProScan in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 11:46 PM
  3. Digimoto 4.0 available for download
    By digimotojoel in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-29-2005, 04:36 AM
  4. Custom log parsing automationÖ
    By xcntrk75 in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 03:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •