Like Tree1Likes

Thread: DigitalFX 4.0

  1. #3431
    Constant Bitrate utd09bry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Dallas,TX
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by silvi4000 View Post
    If you have any ideas of tests I can do just let me know what to do.
    First thing I would try... just install a fresh copy of DFX4 to a new folder and run it without any mods. Try hibernation [fail/pass]

    If that fails, try a new copy of RR. Install to a new folder, and install a fresh copy of DFX to that RR installation. Try hibernation. [fail/pass]

    (those two options will help find if you are having a plugin or configuration issue - because the product out of the box should work fine)

    If both of those fail, then it would lead me to believe you are having device conflicts. Unplug everything USB that you have, minus your touchscreen or other input device, and try again. [fail/pass]

    Hopefully one of these options will produce a working hibernation. If so, either start from your vanilla DFX4 installation and slowly tweak and add your plugins and keep testing hibernation as you do OR slowly add your USB devices until it doesn't work again.

    This may sound dumb, but have you double-checked all of your hibernation settings in your RR.ini file?

  2. #3432
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by utd09bry View Post
    First thing I would try... just install a fresh copy of DFX4 to a new folder and run it without any mods. Try hibernation [fail/pass]

    If that fails, try a new copy of RR. Install to a new folder, and install a fresh copy of DFX to that RR installation. Try hibernation. [fail/pass]

    (those two options will help find if you are having a plugin or configuration issue - because the product out of the box should work fine)

    If both of those fail, then it would lead me to believe you are having device conflicts. Unplug everything USB that you have, minus your touchscreen or other input device, and try again. [fail/pass]

    Hopefully one of these options will produce a working hibernation. If so, either start from your vanilla DFX4 installation and slowly tweak and add your plugins and keep testing hibernation as you do OR slowly add your USB devices until it doesn't work again.

    This may sound dumb, but have you double-checked all of your hibernation settings in your RR.ini file?
    Sounds like a plan.
    Anything special has to be done to run RR and DFx from a different folder?
    I have check and played with the hibernation settings in RR. The thing is the selecting a different skin results in a working hibernation resume. Doesn't look to be an RR issue
    I'll start testing tonigth

  3. #3433
    Raw Wave tbird2340's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Poland, OH
    Posts
    2,000
    Mine *appears* to be fixed.. Here's what I did... Sounds crazy and not sure which thing actually fixed it so here goes...

    I had made a backup long ago of my entire RR directory.. For grins I copied it over my current install (except the skins folder) and overwrote all files.. I then launched ROADRUNNER.EXE (not ride..) and had the same issue... So I then reinstalled RIDERUNNER (via the install program), went into plugins, turned off the "Movieshowtimes" and then hibernated...

    Resumed and it was working! Thinking it had something to do with that plugin I re-enabled and hibernated again.. Resumed and it was still working so don't think that was it..

    Maybe just try reinstalling riderunner again (I know I did this once but maybe twice is the charm)..

    Good luck.
    Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

    Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

    First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

  4. #3434
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by tbird2340 View Post

    I then launched ROADRUNNER.EXE (not ride..) and had the same issue... So I then reinstalled RIDERUNNER (via the install program)
    Im a little confused. What is Riderunner?
    You say its not roadrunner.exe

    I'll be very happy if I can get mine working using your method

  5. #3435
    Constant Bitrate utd09bry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Dallas,TX
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by silvi4000 View Post
    Im a little confused. What is Riderunner?
    You say its not roadrunner.exe

    I'll be very happy if I can get mine working using your method
    RoadRunner is now officially RideRunner. Just run a search and you can read all about it.

    Also, based on what's been posted... I bet you'll figure out your problem. Like I mentioned, there are tons of plugins that run in the background and sometimes they can cause problems. In the case of DFX, it is SO feature packed that it has a lot of underlying support packages. If there's a problem you just have to be willing to do a bit of snooping. But it also doesn't hurt to know that ahead of time, and go ahead and disable anything that you don't need... tweak it to your needs and usually everything will be peachy

    good luck!

  6. #3436
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by utd09bry View Post
    RoadRunner is now officially RideRunner. Just run a search and you can read all about it.

    Also, based on what's been posted... I bet you'll figure out your problem. Like I mentioned, there are tons of plugins that run in the background and sometimes they can cause problems. In the case of DFX, it is SO feature packed that it has a lot of underlying support packages. If there's a problem you just have to be willing to do a bit of snooping. But it also doesn't hurt to know that ahead of time, and go ahead and disable anything that you don't need... tweak it to your needs and usually everything will be peachy

    good luck!
    I gotta get back up to date, damn work

    I installed the newest release of RideRunner 20090202 but didn't solve the freezing after resume issue.
    I'll try reinstalling DFx4 later.

  7. #3437
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,702
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by utd09bry View Post
    RoadRunner is now officially RideRunner. Just run a search and you can read all about it.
    I made a sticky in the root Road Runner forums about the name change and the updated location to download.

    Quote Originally Posted by silvi4000 View Post
    I installed the newest release of RideRunner 20090202 but didn't solve the freezing after resume issue.
    I'll try reinstalling DFx4 later.
    I mentioned it above, but I can be of no help with the hibernate issue, sorry. I personally do not use it, and I do not want to subject my dev machine to 1,000 reboots to try to figure it out... sorry
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

  8. #3438
    Raw Wave tbird2340's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Poland, OH
    Posts
    2,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
    RR.Gml

    See here!
    So aside from downloaded this file and assigning the IR commands to the RR commands in the file what else needs to be done for it to work in RR/DFX4?

    I assigned the "Next" and "Previous" to buttons on my remote and did a quick test and it didn't do anything when in RR.

    Thanks!
    Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

    Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

    First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

  9. #3439
    The Curator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Blue ZX3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago area,IL
    Posts
    5,079
    Depending on what your using RoadRunner.exe or RideRunner.exe you need to open that file in notepad and do a find/replace "rr.exe" with what ever your using (RoadRunner.exe or RideRunner.exe).
    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

    Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

    DFX 5.1.1 Skin
    Appstore Link

    My RideRunner Plugins
    RRMedia
    RRExtended
    DFXVoice

    "There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

  10. #3440
    Raw Wave tbird2340's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Poland, OH
    Posts
    2,000
    Good deal man.. I'm cooking with oil now..

    Thanks
    Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

    Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

    First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

Similar Threads

  1. Help! Need RR and DFX 4.0 advice
    By schwazche in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 01:25 PM
  2. ProScan 4.0 Released
    By ProScan in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 10:46 PM
  3. Digimoto 4.0 available for download
    By digimotojoel in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-29-2005, 03:36 AM
  4. Custom log parsing automationÖ
    By xcntrk75 in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 02:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •