Like Tree1Likes

Thread: DigitalFX 4.0

  1. #3801
    Mod - all of it.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Buena Park, So Cali
    Posts
    521
    So I remembered a while ago someone asked about making the play button display when paused or stopped. Well I finally had a minute to use the suggested solutions, and thought I would post the results. It is done with a font, so it takes the skin color and needs no art work changes.

    Drew is the name of the font included. Unzip the file and place the font in C:/Windows/Fonts.

    It is right justified in the label so the Y becomes the play, the E becomes pause, and the P becomes the stop. Obviously you may need to adjust the alignment on your play button.

    This line needs to replace the red line below in the bottombuttons.txt in the skin folder.

    L4,334,539,45,65,#DFX1R#,#DFX1G#,#DFX1B#,23,"Drew" ,"Status","Right"

    INC,DFX_Font_Color.txt
    L,314,511,71,67,#DFX1R#,#DFX1G#,#DFX1B#,55,"DFXFon t1","=2","CENTER" Replace this line here.
    L,628,531,71,67,#DFX1R#,#DFX1G#,#DFX1B#,29,"Arial Black","=+","CENTER"
    L,526,516,71,67,#DFX1R#,#DFX1G#,#DFX1B#,40,"Arial Black","=-","CENTER"
    L,712,502,71,67,#DFX1R#,#DFX1G#,#DFX1B#,65,"DFXFon t1","=4","CENTER"
    L,599,504,71,67,#DFX1R#,#DFX1G#,#DFX1B#,65,"DFXFon t1","=4","CENTER"
    L,509,502,57,67,#DFX1R#,#DFX1G#,#DFX1B#,65,"DFXFon t1","=4","CENTER"
    L,412,498,71,67,#DFX1R#,#DFX1G#,#DFX1B#,71,"DFXFon t1","=3","CENTER"
    L,213,508,71,67,#DFX1R#,#DFX1G#,#DFX1B#,60,"DFXFon t1","=1","CENTER"
    L,8,542,83,36,#DFX1R#,#DFX1G#,#DFX1B#,24,"Larabief ont:B","=MENU","CENTER"
    L,114,507,71,65,#DFX1R#,#DFX1G#,#DFX1B#,60,"DFXFon t1","=0","CENTER"

    See post below for font file. Revised to show Play when paused or stopped, and Pause while playing. Function rather than status.

  2. #3802
    The Last Good Gremlin GizmoQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by drewbp View Post
    So I remembered a while ago someone asked about making the play button display when paused or stopped. Well I finally had a minute to use the suggested solutions, and thought I would post the results. It is done with a font, so it takes the skin color and needs no art work changes.

    Drew is the name of the font included. Unzip the file and place the font in C:/Windows/Fonts.

    It is right justified in the label so the Y becomes the play, the E becomes pause, and the P becomes the stop. Obviously you may need to adjust the alignment on your play button.
    Ergonomically speaking, buttons should not be represent current status, but current function.
    I.e., as has been noted in other skins, when there's nothing playing the symbol should be the play triangle; when music is playing the button should be the stop/pause symbol. Status symbols can be presented any number of ways (I have mine on the progress bar on my main skin and as the button's subtext below the function symbol on another), but for the novice or infrequent user (like my GF) a button that shows status and not function is meaningless.
    HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

  3. #3803
    Mod - all of it.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Buena Park, So Cali
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ View Post
    Ergonomically speaking, buttons should not be represent current status, but current function.
    I.e., as has been noted in other skins, when there's nothing playing the symbol should be the play triangle; when music is playing the button should be the stop/pause symbol. Status symbols can be presented any number of ways (I have mine on the progress bar on my main skin and as the button's subtext below the function symbol on another), but for the novice or infrequent user (like my GF) a button that shows status and not function is meaningless.
    Point taken. Now revised to show Play button when Paused or Stopped and Pause button when Playing. Still works off status, but shows function rather than status.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  4. #3804
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,691
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by drewbp View Post
    So I remembered a while ago someone asked about making the play button display when paused or stopped. Well I finally had a minute to use the suggested solutions, and thought I would post the results. It is done with a font, so it takes the skin color and needs no art work changes.
    Drew... That is ingenious! Now that's thinking outside the box! I hope you do not mind if I include this in the next DFX release, with full credit of course! It is just one of those little things that I wanted, and never took the time to work it out with so much other stuff to work on

    Great job!
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

  5. #3805
    Mod - all of it.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Buena Park, So Cali
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWPB View Post
    Drew... That is ingenious! Now that's thinking outside the box! I hope you do not mind if I include this in the next DFX release, with full credit of course! It is just one of those little things that I wanted, and never took the time to work it out with so much other stuff to work on

    Great job!
    No Problem. I would love for you to include it. I actually tried to add the symbols to your DFX font, but the editor I was using gave me errors when I tried to open it. Let me know if there is anything else that I can help with. I actually have mixed feelings about your next release of DFX because I have spent so much time customizing the skin for my own use, and can't remember them all. I look forward to all the new features though also.

  6. #3806
    FLAC Dougw133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,245
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWPB View Post
    Drew... That is ingenious! Now that's thinking outside the box! I hope you do not mind if I include this in the next DFX release, with full credit of course! It is just one of those little things that I wanted, and never took the time to work it out with so much other stuff to work on

    Great job!
    Well that answers my question...Simple but AWESOME! Thanks Drew

  7. #3807
    Mod - all of it.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Buena Park, So Cali
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougw133 View Post
    Well that answers my question...Simple but AWESOME! Thanks Drew

    I do have to give credit to Machinehead for the original question all the way back in March, and to Enforcer, for the suggestion of using a custom font.

  8. #3808
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,691
    Blog Entries
    1
    Good thing ya didnt add it to the existing dfx font, as there is a new one with some changes and adding up and down arrows, Divided by symbol instead of "/" for the calculator, as well as a fixed width set up numbers in it.

    When it's time to upgrade, I suggest leaving your existing skin in place and installing the new one. They will not interfere with each other, just the buttons will be in different locations, as they are stored in the skin.ini that will be in both skins folders.
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

  9. #3809
    Mod - all of it.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Buena Park, So Cali
    Posts
    521
    Okay. I need some help getting the lower half of the wireless screen to populate. I have tried all the suggestions on the DFX forum here. I thought that there was a way to get the wifi.ini to automatically populate the device info and name, but I can never seem to get that to work. Also when I put the info in manually, it does not work either. I have removed all wireless software from the manufacturer (Dell) and am only using the driver.
    CAR: 2007 G35 Sport Coupe 5AT
    HARDWARE: Dell D630 w/ dock, internal 80G HD, internal 320G HD, Verizon Wireless Card, iBlue GM-2 GPS w/iGuidance, OBDPros w/DashCommand, Visteon HD Radio w/ Home Made Cable, Current Version of RR w/ DFX Skin. My Install.

  10. #3810
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,691
    Blog Entries
    1
    ElCamino is the one that wrote the wireless script, and there is a thread in the plugins section for it. He told me a few weeks ago, he is working on a new plugin version that will be 100% RR code, and no longer embed the wi-fi screen. I don't know if he is working on that now or not, but his discussion thread is as good of place as any to check.
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Help! Need RR and DFX 4.0 advice
    By schwazche in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 01:25 PM
  2. ProScan 4.0 Released
    By ProScan in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 10:46 PM
  3. Digimoto 4.0 available for download
    By digimotojoel in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-29-2005, 03:36 AM
  4. Custom log parsing automationÖ
    By xcntrk75 in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 02:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •