ok i have tried reading through a lot of these pages and the faq i have been nagging john via pm's hoping some of you can help me out wiith a few small problems i am having.
1. is there something i am missing i hit music, hit browse and then i have to go into each folder ( i have 5000 some songs foldered in windows by artist and album) then it only plays one song at a time. then i have to select another one. or it stops.
I guess what i am looking for as i am used to in itunes is where it would just continue with the next song in the album.
2.how do i add a 3rd page of buttons.... i have one page hit menu have the 2nd hitting menu again returns me to the first page
3.also tried to add an icon for like the engine converted it to png put it in menu icon named it ENGINE and it still refuses to show.
4.how do i add picture folder to the picture button. i used rrconfig and added the folder via the picture viewer path then when iu click the button it shows a black screen click browes and it shows 0x at the top and black screen.
5. When i am in music, i hit browse, search i get this error -ride runner loading screen error while loading :rm_search.skin missing the following skin picture files: RM_Menu_DN.png
6. I am currently running this with my desktop monitor when i open rr it brings up a huge winamp screen too in front will it do this on my car monitor? anyway to change it? (sorry new to winamp too)
7. how can i make rr start with windows.... i know this is wasy i am just drawing a complete blank.
I am sorry for being a noob but i have searched and searched though not every single page of 296 and cannot find solutions. I just got my car pc and downloaded roadrunner's newest release and dfx 4 no previous versions were on here.
Any and all help is appreciated so i can not be bothering john all the time, and these problems are all that are preventing me from installing thanks.
for a third menu button, look for the Carwings Add Ons thread.
On the begin of the first page , you can to found a 4 dynamics menus exemple.
You have to create a playlist in order for it to play more than one song.
To fix the issue with the missing png file, edit the rm_search.skin file it mentions and remove the reference to the png that it says it can't find (that's what I had to do anyway). My car-pc won't boot at the moment or I'd give you more exact info. I gotta bring it into the house and bench test it.
My car-pc (when it works) automatically minimizes winamp .. might be a setting, can't remember.
Just add a shortcut to the riderunner executable in your startup folder and it should boot with windows. The startup folder varies depending on which version of windows you have. Look in your start menu and you should see it there. Or if you're up to it you can add it to the registry under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ... something like that, I'm going from memory.
thank you guys for your responses. I am running xp got it to open with windows i knew it was something simple. I thought i might have to make a playlist.
i try to open the rm_search skin file and remove them but only causes rr to freeze.
I didnt see an option in the config for it to minimize win amp but now that i look close it is behind the roadrunner interface so perhaps on the lilliput it will not show.
got 3 problems solved thanks for the help so far...
I did not find about adding a 3rd menu page for buttons... but to be honest i have read so many pages over the past few days.... any help pointing in the right direction.
hey while we are at it anyone know how to add a new font to the skin?
In the config its under Music / player setup .. says "hide player" or something like that. Try unrarring the attached file to replace the rm_search.skin file. I can't test it, but I'm pretty sure its what I did to fix mine.
To have winamp minimized, open it alone, minimize it to the taskbar, and then close it by right clicking and selecting close on the corresponding taskbar button. Next time you open Riderunner, it will not be visible on the screen.
now just need to figure out these.
1. Adding a 3rd page of menu buttons
2. Adding a new font
3. Adding picture path for that. those who miss it above... i have the picture folder path filled in in rrconfig but does not bring them up in skin just blank screen or if i hit browes 0x is shown at the top.
Thanks for all the help so far guys, this is why i love this place.:high5:
Edit i got the icon thing fixed has to be named after what button editing says i.e. Engine montior not just ENGINE sweet one more down