Like Tree1Likes

Thread: DigitalFX 4.0

  1. #4901
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWPB View Post
    as big free as possible when it is released to the masses.
    Should I submit a big report?

  2. #4902
    Maximum Bitrate DaveDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Greenacres, WA
    Posts
    606
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWPB View Post
    Part of the delay can definitely be blamed on me I made a pretty significant change to the whole menu button layout code, labels, how icon and exec lines are stored ect ect.... (Included removing 256 lines of code from the exectbl.ini alone) The plus side, is a much improved skin start up time as well as one VERY nice side effect of doing it all in this new way

    The downfall is it broke the press & hold button chooser, and Blue's GUI button editor to add and remove buttons from the skin. The fix is not really hard, just gonna take a couple of days on just that part though.

    I don't think anyone could realize the time put into this skin in the past month! I work on it daily for probably 5-10 hours, as well as Blue does. This does not include weekends when I put much more time in in it when I am off from work! Plus the time that the beta testers are putting in, going through every button, feature, label and such from top to bottom.

    In a nut shell, this means it takes time, but it will be as tightly integrated and as big free as possible when it is released to the masses.
    Keep up the good work guys, only 98 more posts to go....
    TruckPC - gutted, being used for test setup
    BoatPC - All in 1 in cuddy, N7 using VNC on dash, RR
    BlazerPC - Nexus 7 with Timur's USBROM

  3. #4903
    The Curator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Blue ZX3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago area,IL
    Posts
    5,079
    Yep, working on it as I speak, here at work while on lunch!

    John isn't exaggerating in the least bit about the time spent on getting this to a release state.
    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

    Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

    DFX 5.1.1 Skin
    Appstore Link

    My RideRunner Plugins
    RRMedia
    RRExtended
    DFXVoice

    "There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

  4. #4904
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    129
    All the hard work is most appreciated guys. I am so, so excited for 5.0!

  5. #4905
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWPB View Post
    I made a pretty significant change to the whole menu button layout code, labels, how icon and exec lines are stored ect ect.... (Included removing 256 lines of code from the exectbl.ini alone) The plus side, is a much improved skin start up time as well as one VERY nice side effect of doing it all in this new way
    elaborate? or else i will have to believe dfx5 has built-in naked boobies... well it would be cool anyway.

  6. #4906
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,692
    Blog Entries
    1
    Ok, couldn't resist adding a new screen today Mitch put some code in RR that seems to finally fix the embedding of a visual, and goes from screen to screen as it should. EA: You turn on the Visual on at the top of the main menu, when you go to the audio screen the visualization will then move to and embed in the album cover area. No matter having to turn the visual on and off again to make it show up.

    He also made the code to change the transparency "live" meaning you can change the setting while the visual is running without restarting RR. So I put another option on the global options, and can change the transparency of the visual overlay with a slider.
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

  7. #4907
    Maximum Bitrate DaveDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Greenacres, WA
    Posts
    606
    Quote Originally Posted by trader007 View Post
    elaborate? or else i will have to believe dfx5 has built-in naked boobies... well it would be cool anyway.
    can't... stop... self... from... typing....



    will the new boobie function use ilists?
    TruckPC - gutted, being used for test setup
    BoatPC - All in 1 in cuddy, N7 using VNC on dash, RR
    BlazerPC - Nexus 7 with Timur's USBROM

  8. #4908
    Raw Wave treetop777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    War-Town, GA.
    Posts
    2,233
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWPB View Post
    Ok, couldn't resist adding a new screen today Mitch put some code in RR that seems to finally fix the embedding of a visual, and goes from screen to screen as it should. EA: You turn on the Visual on at the top of the main menu, when you go to the audio screen the visualization will then move to and embed in the album cover area. No matter having to turn the visual on and off again to make it show up.

    He also made the code to change the transparency "live" meaning you can change the setting while the visual is running without restarting RR. So I put another option on the global options, and can change the transparency of the visual overlay with a slider.
    The bar has been raised through the roof! No other front-end/skin can compare.
    ****************************************
    OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
    Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
    Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
    BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
    M2-ATX Power Supply
    RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
    Windows XP SP3

  9. #4909
    The Curator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Blue ZX3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago area,IL
    Posts
    5,079
    Comments like that, help to further push us to strive for the ever so high bar that we seem to keep forever raising.
    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

    Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

    DFX 5.1.1 Skin
    Appstore Link

    My RideRunner Plugins
    RRMedia
    RRExtended
    DFXVoice

    "There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

  10. #4910
    The Curator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Blue ZX3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago area,IL
    Posts
    5,079
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDog View Post
    ....will the new boobie function use ilists?
    Don't know if this additional function is gonna make it among the "Feature Implemented" time table...
    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

    Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

    DFX 5.1.1 Skin
    Appstore Link

    My RideRunner Plugins
    RRMedia
    RRExtended
    DFXVoice

    "There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Similar Threads

  1. Help! Need RR and DFX 4.0 advice
    By schwazche in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 01:25 PM
  2. ProScan 4.0 Released
    By ProScan in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 10:46 PM
  3. Digimoto 4.0 available for download
    By digimotojoel in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-29-2005, 03:36 AM
  4. Custom log parsing automationÖ
    By xcntrk75 in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 02:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •