Here's a spoon feed Link
now that i hot glued my components in, i can finally troubleshoot things knowing its software related only.
i too have been having issues with the music database not showing up in the normal browser mode. usually, all i do is exit RR and restart RR. but the other day while i was showing my cousin (go figure) i couldnt get the music to show up at all, even though it worked fine in windows explorer.
of course, once he left and the computer hibernated for a night it was all fine. the music works great again.... so nothing to add as far as helping anyone, other then be patient with it. i hope too that dfx5 fixes these quirks.
I just recently grabbed an old PC to use as an RR bench test. I had a laptop but it got stolen when my house got robbed twice in 2 days a few weeks back. So when setting everything up it was amazing how much needs to be updated. Make sure .net framework, vb, and all windows components are up to date. I know it sounds stupid.
OK, got RR 08-01-10 installed today on fresh dual boot WinXP & Win 7 new hard drive just waiting for DFX5 to come out.
I still have not ruled out the use of Win 7 with DFX5 so my plan is to have as much as possible stable install on WinXP then work hard to get same results on Win 7. I know it will be though and a duel but I'm ready for the challenge.:fencing:
i dont think there is much issue at all besides RRVoice right now. and even that is said to work somewhat in win7....
I'm still futzing with it (can't help myself)
I'm pretty sure I have the latest RR. It's dated 7/1/10. If there's anything newer I'd be happy to try it out but that's what I got off the official site.
I updated RRMedia and got the ILIST files off the FAQ. Still no dice.
Thanks for your help guys.