Being you are a new user to RR, and to the rest of you out there as well
I personally highly recommend Winamp as the audio player in RR. It is the most titgtly integrated player out of all of them. Some "power users" may choose to use something else for some specific reason, but I personally use Winamp, and have never had a problem, and everything works as it should. The RRMedia Database, Visualizations, and visualizations with transparency, sorting the playlist ect ect...
Ok, one last post for now
I also HIGHLY recommend everyone take the time to set up RRMedia (included with the skin). It is a database driven music add-on for RR. It makes SOOooo many more things possible with your music library, that there is no way to list all the features here, but I can touch on a couple.
- Searching for ANY song, artist, title is literally INSTANT, as it does not have to scour the hard drive like windows does when searching for files.
- Search words can contain the artist name, title, album name ect. For instance searching for "fam pok" in my 30,000 songs, Brings up Lady Gaga - Poker Face from the "Fame Monster" album in less than a second. No need to type out entire titles, artists and so forth.
- You can view songs by artist, song title, genre, year and a ton of other ways
- Ability to set up the 10 disk changer to have 10 Disks / playlists available at just a single tap. You can add & remove songs from any of the disks at any time, as well as clear either a single disk, or all disks of all songs and start over entirely.
- Ability to sort by random, alphabetical, reverse order and more
To set it up could not be easier, go to the music screen and it asks of you want to scan your music. It took around 12 minutes to scan my 32,000 songs into the database. Once done, and you add music, it takes just a minute or so to update your library with any new music that you put on the drive.
Another feature, if you completely remove RR, the skin ect.. Your database will remain, as it saves it in your root MP3 folder, thus you do not have to rescan when changing to a new skin, or completely formatting your system and starting over.
I have seen posts here and there that people do not want to use a music database, I honestly just DO NOT GET IT! There are zero disadvantages and TONS of advantages for doing so.
With the Database installed, RR will browse you music EXACTLY as it does now in a simulated file / folder view. Then if you want to use any of the additional features and buttons, they are there.
No big deal, though, because it's very easy to add that and countless other buttons with the DFX button editor. I shouldn't have even mentioned it at this late stage. I just get so much value out of the randomize function that I thought I'd mention it when the discussion about shuffle came back up.
OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
M2-ATX Power Supply
RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
Windows XP SP3
this as a plugin, which tremendously enhances the sound of mp3s and gives you lots of control. I absolutely will not listen to mp3s without it.
Both of the "Randomize" and justification of the menu's will be in the release... I did 95% of the adding of the "Randomize" to the list of avail Menu btns opts, done at lunch today... These are both very quick edits to do and so will make the RC2.