Like Tree1Likes

Thread: DigitalFX 4.0

  1. #5491
    Variable Bitrate navputer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    DFW Area
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
    Ya, that might be a good idea as they might have a buying spike when DFX5 is released...hehe
    If many people are going to get one, maybe a group buy price
    Gee

  2. #5492
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,707
    Blog Entries
    1
    Sometimes it's interesting just to sit and watch the bottom of this thread, to see who is visiting. I see more names that I have never seen a post in the thread from, than people that post in the thread hahah!

    Here are some from a couple minutes ago:
    Mini Sumo, SoulR, Thor454, Freak4Dell, 2004SMB, turbotimbo
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

  3. #5493
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    40
    Hey now...I've posted in this thread.

    I just come visit because I get a notification every time somebody posts. It's kind of disappointing when the new post isn't an announcement that DFX5 has arrived.

    Nah, I'm just pulling your leg. I know you set a deadline for yourself, so I'll see that post soon. It looks like my CarPC project may be on hold for a while anyway, so it's not like I need it right now.

  4. #5494
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,707
    Blog Entries
    1
    Welcome to the discussion! Yea, the deadline..... You know, if you are not ready for it, I could extend the deadline.

    Seriously though, the deadline......that means sometime within the next 2 weeks. This time is gonna go faster than I want it to LOL
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

  5. #5495
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWPB View Post
    Sometimes it's interesting just to sit and watch the bottom of this thread, to see who is visiting. I see more names that I have never seen a post in the thread from, than people that post in the thread hahah!

    Here are some from a couple minutes ago:
    Mini Sumo, SoulR, Thor454, Freak4Dell, 2004SMB, turbotimbo
    Hi John,

    Yes I'm one of those that has been keeping tabs on this thread for a long time without ever posting. I think DFX4 is is great skin and I've used it almost exclusively since I built my first car PC, so I'm looking forward to DFX5. Keep up the good work, you have many more fans than actually post here.

    cheers,
    Tim

  6. #5496
    Constant Bitrate jeffreyd_tx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWPB View Post
    Ok, there are many many ways to get a button to work to instruct RRVoice to listen. Jebus has a serial program, and a schematic on how to put one together.
    Would it be possible to use a program like this one and remap the seldomly used right mouse button? I was looking at all kind of foot switches and schematics and was thinking this might be easy and free.

  7. #5497
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,707
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyd_tx View Post
    Would it be possible to use a program like this one and remap the seldomly used right mouse button? I was looking at all kind of foot switches and schematics and was thinking this might be easy and free.
    Absolutely! Any program that can send out a key press, hot key ect can be used.

    In your hotkey program, you can use it to watch for the Right mouse-click, and turn it into a key, I will use simply the space bar for example.

    in the RR root folder there is a program called KeyCode.exe. If you run that, and press a key, it will give you a code. Pressing the space bar for instance gives you 32. You then open the keytbl.ini in the root RR folder, and put this line in there:
    32,"RRVCON"

    Now, any time you press the space bar, the system would start to listen.

    As another example, if you want to go to the audio screen any time the space bar is pressed, the line would look like:

    32,"AUDIO"

    As you can see, you can have any command that RR understands mapped to any key press. To keep from interfering, when you actually want to type something, you can add alt, ctrl ect to a key. For instance you could use Crtl+ Alt+ Shift+ Space in the key program to get 6032. Then use this line:

    6032,"RRVCON"

    This way it will only fire when you press all of those keys.


    Now, if you are handy with a soldering gun, you can take an old crappy mouse, dissemble it, and solder 2 wires to the right mouse button. You can then run those 2 wires to a momentary switch that you can put anywhere to trigger the system to listen, or fire any RR command that you want to with the push of a button.
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

  8. #5498
    Variable Bitrate Jebus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    313
    F11 and F12 are very good, isolated keys for this. I have them mapped to RRVCOFF and RRVCON respectively...
    ...JJG

  9. #5499
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,789
    Wow, John, you've been busy today. Thanks for clearing up the confusion about the mic. I went ahead and ordered. Also, congrats on scoring Win 7 for Jebus.

    Yes, my hope is that I can figure out a way to use a bluetooth mouse to trigger RRvoice. Bluetooth because I don't want to run any more wires than absolutely necessary. I don't need the mouse for any other purpose, so I'm hoping I can map any or all of the buttons to trigger RRV. Many thanks for your offer to help me. I'm going to study your posts and the other available information and see if I can figure it out. If not, maybe I'll ask you a question or two.

  10. #5500
    Raw Wave treetop777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    War-Town, GA.
    Posts
    2,233
    Quote Originally Posted by kbreeden View Post
    Wow, John, you've been busy today. Thanks for clearing up the confusion about the mic. I went ahead and ordered. Also, congrats on scoring Win 7 for Jebus.

    Yes, my hope is that I can figure out a way to use a bluetooth mouse to trigger RRvoice. Bluetooth because I don't want to run any more wires than absolutely necessary. I don't need the mouse for any other purpose, so I'm hoping I can map any or all of the buttons to trigger RRV. Many thanks for your offer to help me. I'm going to study your posts and the other available information and see if I can figure it out. If not, maybe I'll ask you a question or two.
    If your MB has a serial port you can use any SPST switch with "SerialSwitch" by none other than - Jebus.
    ****************************************
    OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
    Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
    Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
    BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
    M2-ATX Power Supply
    RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
    Windows XP SP3

Similar Threads

  1. Help! Need RR and DFX 4.0 advice
    By schwazche in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 01:25 PM
  2. ProScan 4.0 Released
    By ProScan in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 10:46 PM
  3. Digimoto 4.0 available for download
    By digimotojoel in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-29-2005, 03:36 AM
  4. Custom log parsing automationÖ
    By xcntrk75 in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 02:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •