Yes Welcome back John,
These may have been noted already, but I searched and didn't see.
In the scribble pad, when I clicked on the X i assumed it would end the scribble pad, instead it closed Road Runner completely.
In the mileage and trip skin, there are no numbers, or functions, for the Add Fuel pop up window.
In the cover art browser, the song titles seem to be based on the file names. This seems to make titles with any sort of wierd text character in them not show up correctly or completely. For Example a song by Genesis off of Abacab is "Dodo / Lurker". In the Cover art browser it shows up as "lurker". I have a couple of songs that have no title at all as the wierd character is at the beginning of the song title. I noticed in the regular music browser that this is not the case and the correct name is displayed.
I use a laptop for my CarPC. I have XP's power control panel set to hibernate after 10 minutes on battery. It doesn't do that with DFX 3.
The problem started with the DFX 3 beta. Of course that means it started with the upgrade to the December RoadRunner.
XP by itself - hibernates as it should after 10 minutes.
RR with BMV - hibernates as it should after 10 minutes.
RR with DFX - will never hibernate based on time. When the battery % gets to the defined critical level, it will then hibernate.
RR with DFX - will hibernate fine manually via the power popup menu.
So I reinstalled XP, Winamp, RR, xport, IG and DFX. Nothing else is installed. DFX is almost stock - I added the powermon plugin and a couple of power labels at the top of the menu skin. Basically I replaced the 2 temperature labels with 2 powermon labels. Symptoms of the new install are exactly as above - XP and RR/BMV hibernate fine, RR/DFX doesn't. That's why I'm posting here in the skin thread.
RR config is set to hibernate aware, and hibernate even if port not responding - but I think that is why the power popup works.
It will not hibernate (based on time) even if I do nothing in DFX. Load DFX, let it sit on the main menu screen, drop power. No hibernate. So it is not something loaded in one of the other screens.
The ironic thing is I have none of the problems coming out of hibernation that many people report.
My thoughts are it could be one of the autoit scripts causing activity? Some of the other plugins? Any other suggestions or trouble shooting thoughts?
This is the only thing that is stopping DFX from perfectly meeting my needs. OK, the updated mileage plugin, but John has already indicated he has the new stuff from Feisty in the next build.
My system hibernates perfectly fine with DFX3
might not be the best solution...but can't you define the critical time settings. If so, since it hibernates at critical, change it to like 97-99% battery. I'm not sure if this is possible, I was thinking it is definable though.
@Kevin: Hmmm Honestly I would not begin to know where to look for this one. There is a lot of stuff going on "under the hood" so to speak. Scripts, plugins and all sort of stuff. dministry reports it is hibernating for him, but doesn't mention id that is based on time or battery %. Its just a shot in the dark, but I would recommend updating your graphics card drivers to the latest version. If you do not have the correct graphics card drivers installed at all, then hibernate and standby are not even available in the shut down options. So possibly an older version reacts differently to hibernate and standby... again its just a shot in the dark....
I personally have been thinking about using a laptop myself for the CarPC. I had tested on battery level though, and not based on time. I set it to if the battery level in the laptop dropped below 50% then to standby. This way I could go into a grocery store or what not, and it would be instant on with the key. I have found with the battery in the laptop, I can have it in standby for like 3 days before the battery dies. This combined with the car battery, I could never see the car battery ever going dead unless I didn't drive the car for say... 2 months
Ok, after all the talk, here is the first teaser screen cap of the database stuff in action. This is the Virtual 10 disk CD changer. Tapping on a CD will play that CD. Pressing and holding will allow you to clear the CD or to rename it. The total number of songs on each CD is also listed below the name of the CD. There is also an indicator above the currently playing CD, so at a quick glance of the screen you can tell.
On the bottom left, you can remove songs from a CD. This is handy if you copy a Play list or full album to a CD, and want to remove a couple of songs from the CD that you don't care for. Adding a single song can be done with a button on the player and browser screens. Adding Artist folders, Individual Album Folders, genre's or Playlists is done from the Browser screen.
The "Clear All" button does just that, clears all songs from all disks, and renames them back to Disk 1 - 10. A confirmation / warning screen will pop up when you press that button, and you must then press and hold OK to keep from accidentally erasing your entire virtual CD setup. Basically a double precautionary kinda thing.