Page 72 of 558 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182122172 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 5577
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: DigitalFX 4.0

  1. #711
    The Curator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Blue ZX3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago area,IL
    Posts
    5,078
    I think John needs to clean out all of this useless debris before it starts turning into a science project...
    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

    Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

    DFX 5.1.1 Skin
    Appstore Link

    My RideRunner Plugins
    RRMedia
    RRExtended
    DFXVoice

    "There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

  2. #712
    Constant Bitrate the_crooked_toe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by treetop777 View Post
    Don't know how crooked toe missed this one?? Is he becoming derilict in his duties?
    HAHAHA...o ya.. Engrish Prease?!

  3. #713
    FLAC Machinehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    hijacks small portable city
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by BREWDOG52 View Post
    machinehead beat him to it.....DigitalFX 4.0

    edit* oh now I get it....he forgot to add ....
    I even read the whole post before I responded.

  4. #714
    Variable Bitrate BREWDOG52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
    I even read the whole post before I responded.
    good thing it was a short post

  5. #715
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by the_crooked_toe View Post
    how about you go test inside the car now. then that will let you know that it will not work using RDP. I would use VNC if i were you. www.realvnc.com

    I have already used it in the car. I KNOW it is only an RDP issue. Thus this is my question; Can anyone help me to get it working via RDP?

    VNC is slow at best and does not support audio. Plus it is an extra application, RDP is built in.

    John, if I could give you access to an XP pro machine via remote desktop (RDP) do you think you can fix the lists? (ilists dont display and disabling ilists makes it freeze)

  6. #716
    Constant Bitrate the_crooked_toe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by lewcamino View Post
    I have already used it in the car. I KNOW it is only an RDP issue. Thus this is my question; Can anyone help me to get it working via RDP?

    VNC is slow at best and does not support audio. Plus it is an extra application, RDP is built in.

    John, if I could give you access to an XP pro machine via remote desktop (RDP) do you think you can fix the lists? (ilists dont display and disabling ilists makes it freeze)
    im just curious...but whats the point?

    i mean you only use a carPC while you are IN your car. so whats the point of having RDP functionality? as long as it's working in your car i wouldn't be complaining...VNC process is hardly noticeable and I guarantee you wouldn't notice a difference. i think John has a bunch of new stuff to look at than something this trivial. this is just my opinion. if it works in the car, leave it be

    EDIT: i also forgot to mention iLists is only a plugin for the skin! you need to take this up in the RR forum. Guino is your man to question

  7. #717
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,583
    The ilist problem in not a skin problem, it is to do with directx probably not working across the RDP

    don't think it will work in vnc either

  8. #718
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by the_crooked_toe View Post
    im just curious...but whats the point?

    i mean you only use a carPC while you are IN your car. so whats the point of having RDP functionality? as long as it's working in your car i wouldn't be complaining...VNC process is hardly noticeable and I guarantee you wouldn't notice a difference. i think John has a bunch of new stuff to look at than something this trivial. this is just my opinion. if it works in the car, leave it be

    EDIT: i also forgot to mention iLists is only a plugin for the skin! you need to take this up in the RR forum. Guino is your man to question
    The point is;

    I configure & test everything via RDP, not sitting in my car. The carpc never comes out and there is no keyboard or mouse going in. Plus it is a 7 inch screen... you write auto scripts on a 7 inch screen with 800x600 resolution for a while and let me know how you like it.

    I guess I do a bit more with this than you. As in, I don't just install it and use it.

    BTW, I hate when people ask me to explain why I need something to work a certain way when they can't help anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    The ilist problem in not a skin problem, it is to do with directx probably not working across the RDP

    don't think it will work in vnc either
    Thank you for a helpful response. Ilists do work in VNC, but sound does not.

    Now knowing that it uses directx, that explains it. RDP does not support directx (directx: directly talks to the video hardware rather than going through GDI and/or video driver)

    So... thats outta the way. Unless someone wants to port to opengl?

    Now the second part of the question;

    Assuming I turn off iLists, I should then be able to use dfx without ilists over RDP (then turn them on when I am in the car) but this results in RR (or dfx) freezing or still not displaying the lists when goign to something like jukebox.

    Thoughts?

  9. #719
    Variable Bitrate BREWDOG52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    269
    it's very likely that no one has done what you are doing..so you might be on your own on this...or create a new thread describing in detail what you are trying to do...

    you would probably get better help and more views by creating a new thread. I would probably PM guino, and point him to the threads location..like someone else said here, if anyone can help you on this it would most likely be him.

    and this goes for EVERYONE please don't ask John to do anything.... he needs to focus on his updated version I can't wait too much longer..especially with Blue running his mouth about how great it's going to be

  10. #720
    Newbie CWorks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6

    Fix for iList

    I think I just found the problem with iList not working for some pple
    I posted the info here so everyone will see it

Similar Threads

  1. Help! Need RR and DFX 4.0 advice
    By schwazche in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 01:25 PM
  2. ProScan 4.0 Released
    By ProScan in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 10:46 PM
  3. Digimoto 4.0 available for download
    By digimotojoel in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-29-2005, 03:36 AM
  4. Custom log parsing automationÖ
    By xcntrk75 in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 02:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •