What the skin lacks:
- NO iLISTS
- NO TRANSPARENCY (didn't like how it came out)
- NO FLASH
- Radio screen not done
- osk.skin doesn't have labels
What it has:
- Button descriptions are all labels, so this skin can be adjusted to any other language. All the variables for this are found in the skin.ini, no need to modify the skin files
- MediaBase application: my own database software. But it should be possible to modify my skin to use BlueZX3's database software. I'm not going to do that, though . Features in 4th post
Please note that I created the skin for ME to suit my needs. I'm open for suggestions, but I'm definately not going to support the skin as other skinners do, sorry. If I like an idea I'll see what I can do.
In the skin folder a file called "skin_deutsch.ini" is included. Rename it to skin.ini to get german labels in iDrive3.
- Complete rewrite of MediaBase. It's alot faster now. Also you got an indicator in the top right when MediaBase is busy.
- switched from JPG to PNG. Pictures look alot better now
- added a second page for the main screen
- options menu: changed options for SygicDrive and MediaBase on the fly
- few other fixes I can't remember right now
Uses the MediaInfo.dll for reading tags.
Although the program is working fine for me, I'm sure that BlueZX3's database plugin is more optimized and bug-free. But I like doing stuff myself, and I wanted to learn AutoIt programming, that's why I didn't use it. As I already said, it should be possible to modify the skin to use BlueZX3's plugin.
MediaBase has to be run with the skin. It regularly checks for the RideRunner/RoadRunner window and will quit if not found.
At first run a database of all mp3/ogg/wma (those are hardcoded extensions) files will be created. This takes some time, because all the tags are read and stored in the database. You can watch the progress at the audio_browser.screen.
If you experience problems with MediaBase end the task and enable debugging for RideRunner. MediaBase will then also create a debug file in the RoadRunner music path.
VARIABLES SEND TO RideRunner/RoadRunner
See attached text file for a list of commands for MediaBaseCode:MEDIABASE_RESUME resume indicator variable MEDIABASE_DEBUG debug information MEDIABASE_BUSY indicator variable to tell if mediabase is idling MEDIABASE_PATH_TMP path for temporary files: mediabase.tmp: current song, playmode (PLAY|PAUSE|STOP), screen mediabase.m3u: winamp playlist MEDIABASE_PATH_DB path to the music database
This looks really clean and simple. Really like what you did with the interface showing details from the main screen without a drastic screen change.
"Meatwad makes the money see, Meatwad gets the honeies G..."
Complete = 20%
Concept/Planning = 50%
Purchased = ~$750
Thank you .
Pico-ITX / XP Home with EWF-HORM / RR v12/02/2009 / Winamp v5.13 / RRMedia v1.2.2
Hmm. Don't have a space navigator, didn't think about that. In fact, I don't know how to implement this in RR. AFAIK you have to use a special button code. Will have to look into that.