Several issues here. WindowsXP SP2 DFX5 on 2 different machines.
1.Exiting RideRunner through the exit menu, causes most of the times RideRunner to restart. It even remembers to restart after several minutes! Problem doesn't exist on Carwings.
2.Activating RRVoice, causes the microphone graphic to appear on the screen. This looks alright unless it's over an IList(eg on audio browser or audio playlist screens). In this case, the graphic is "flickering". Disabling ILists solves the "problem". This is of course a very minor thing and I don't consider it to be a problem.In fact I believe is a RideRunner "bug".
3. Also, when clicking on the microphone graphic mentioned above, just closes the graphic. I would be wise if it terminated also the listening "session"
4. Now, using RRMedia (browser screen) , when I press "Add Sel" over a folder that contains songs with greek tags (I suspect that it will be the same with other languages except english), causes the songs to appear with strange characters and the songs do not play. Strange thing is that if I "Add Sel" an individual song inside the same problematic folder, it loads correctly (displays greek OK and plays normally).
Classic browser (non RRMedia) works perfectly.
5.Donated today!!!:yo: Such a great skin!
2. This depends on the graphics card in the computer. It will vary from system to system if it flickers or not.
3. Jebus made some improvements and changes to the commands for RRVoice, and it has now been updated for the next release.
4. Blue is going to have to dig into RRMedia and see whats going on.
5. Thank you, much appreciated ;)
Now, with DFX5, disabling the Mobilephone.NET plugin doesn't help. There is a chance the problem relies on the way RideRunner loads/unloads the plugins. Maybe a plugin isn't unloaded/disposed properly and when time comes(some plugins use timers?) the plugin tries to interact with RideRunner, causing it to restart. OR is my imagination very advanced??!!! :scared:
E: thanks for making post so relevant and keeping the the thread on topic as a good mod should. Thank you!
This thread got very cluttered on the first few pages with a lot of discussion not really related to the use of this skin, suggestions, or problems using it. I decided to try and start with a clean slate so to speak :)
Let's hope the same does not repeat itself.
The new thread is located HERE