Page 41 of 131 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 1303

Thread: LSX (VOID) released

  1. #401
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    38
    Ever since I switched from the current version of winamp to 5.1 to get the vis working, RR is taking a long time to open and is only opening winamp about 1 out of 5 times. Sometimes after I've given up and shut down RR, winamp pops up on it's own about 5 minutes later. Any ideas? When I had the current version of winamp, RR would open, ready to go in about 5 seconds. Now it's more like 15-20 even when it does open 5.1.

  2. #402
    SMKFree liquid_smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,842
    Quote Originally Posted by StLB5
    Ever since I switched from the current version of winamp to 5.1 to get the vis working, RR is taking a long time to open and is only opening winamp about 1 out of 5 times. Sometimes after I've given up and shut down RR, winamp pops up on it's own about 5 minutes later. Any ideas? When I had the current version of winamp, RR would open, ready to go in about 5 seconds. Now it's more like 15-20 even when it does open 5.1.
    i really dont know what to say about that. I have no problems with winamp 5.1, or it takeing a long time to launch but both my laptop and carputer are pretty fast. Things i would look at, make sure winamp is set to only open one instance, ive seen RR hang on open before if winamp was allready running. Adding
    winampclass=<Winamp v1.x>
    to RR.ini makes it so RR will control a specific instance of RR and helps with that issue also.
    How long does winamp take to load when you run it stand alone?
    If all else fails, i would just go back to an earlier version of winamp as a vis isnt really worth instability.
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

    beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-faq/
    mp3car live search

    i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

  3. #403
    SMKFree liquid_smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,842
    Quote Originally Posted by e30_droptop
    + 1

    ???
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

    beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

    i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

  4. #404
    I see dead kittens Quattro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,922
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid_smoke
    ???
    meaning he'd also like to know.
    Installed
    Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
    512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
    Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
    [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

    Check Out My Install!!!

  5. #405
    Newbie Meneerdeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid_smoke
    what is speedfan?
    I googled for speedfan and:

    Hardware monitor for Windows that can access digital temperature sensors located on several 2-wire SMBus Serial Bus. Can access voltages and fan speeds and ...

  6. #406
    SMKFree liquid_smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,842
    i figured that much, but with such a generic name as speedfan, im sure there are multiple apps with that name that prob all do the same thing.
    @kiztope
    When requesting an app to be supported, help me help you.
    Im not going to search around for the app. Even if its something that originated from this board, i may have missed it etc, so a link is allways usefull in getting any request taken seriously.
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

    beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

    i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

  7. #407
    Variable Bitrate kiztope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    In the car
    Posts
    426
    here is the RR release that guino said it was supported in...

    This is the originating thread partially discussing the method of integration into a skin

    SpeedFan website

    Basically, MBM is dead and no longer supported by the author... so future updates to the motherboard support list are not going to happen. So, MBM does not work, and will probably never work for my chipset.
    However, SpeedFan is currently still being updated and includes some really neat extras, like hard drive health & statistics, fan speed controlling, etc. Like I said, I downloaded it last night, and it seems to work very well on my CarPC.

    if you need any other info, I'd be more than happy to help you get it!

  8. #408
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid_smoke
    i really dont know what to say about that. I have no problems with winamp 5.1, or it takeing a long time to launch but both my laptop and carputer are pretty fast. Things i would look at, make sure winamp is set to only open one instance, ive seen RR hang on open before if winamp was allready running. Adding
    winampclass=<Winamp v1.x>
    to RR.ini makes it so RR will control a specific instance of RR and helps with that issue also.
    How long does winamp take to load when you run it stand alone?
    If all else fails, i would just go back to an earlier version of winamp as a vis isnt really worth instability.
    It takes forever to open winamp by itself too. it does seem to be hanging as it will sometimes open mulitple sessions at once if it had not opened with RR. I'll try your suggestions and if that doesn't work, I'll try and reload winamp. Thanks.

  9. #409
    SMKFree liquid_smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,842
    Quote Originally Posted by kiztope
    here is the RR release that guino said it was supported in...

    This is the originating thread partially discussing the method of integration into a skin

    SpeedFan website

    Basically, MBM is dead and no longer supported by the author... so future updates to the motherboard support list are not going to happen. So, MBM does not work, and will probably never work for my chipset.
    However, SpeedFan is currently still being updated and includes some really neat extras, like hard drive health & statistics, fan speed controlling, etc. Like I said, I downloaded it last night, and it seems to work very well on my CarPC.

    if you need any other info, I'd be more than happy to help you get it!
    ah, i see
    that can be done. I dont use MBM either, didnt support my compy either. I think its just in there cuz someone asked for it a long time ago, i think in the original lsx skin.

    Ill take a look at it and since MBM is pretty much dead ill just ditch that screen and do a speedfan version. Not sure how i missed it being intergrated into RR.
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

    beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

    i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

  10. #410
    Variable Bitrate kiztope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    In the car
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid_smoke
    ah, i see
    that can be done. I dont use MBM either, didnt support my compy either. I think its just in there cuz someone asked for it a long time ago, i think in the original lsx skin.

    Ill take a look at it and since MBM is pretty much dead ill just ditch that screen and do a speedfan version. Not sure how i missed it being intergrated into RR.
    That would be great!
    To be honest, I didn't notice it in that release either... then again, at the time I was using my old xp2200 setup which MBM supported.

    By the way, in update X, you have a placeholder for IM... are you going to be using Trillian, or something similiar?


    I'll be anxiously awaiting the update!

Similar Threads

  1. LSX....void
    By liquid_smoke in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 172
    Last Post: 05-06-2006, 05:59 PM
  2. LSX Scripts
    By Osiris in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-14-2006, 10:13 PM
  3. QT 4 crossplatform released
    By s003apr in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-02-2005, 03:41 PM
  4. Will molding a dash void a lilliput's warranty?
    By mykolJay in forum Fabrication
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-29-2004, 08:48 PM
  5. Lorty's mp3car plugin 2.4.08 released
    By lorty in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-19-2001, 09:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •