LSX is great as allways!, but
a couple of things I would like to add to the fix wish list:
FM radio skin:
*skin for fm radio acts a little strange, when you press LOCAL it displays a list of the file directories of some of the songs on the playlist but can't do anything with them.
*Can't find any way to save favourite stations.
*Speed and network stauts is not present in the skin.
*Get TV skin ready, saw there are som tv files in LSTOOLS but says "not ready yet"
*The north,west,east etc indicator besides the speed indicator in the skin as a odd "western style" font
*Search option in the audio browser would be nice, also character shortcuts dosen't work for me when browsing audio files.
*Freedrive skin has some problems, when using freedrive the skins menu under freedrive often change to the buttons in menu2.
*In lsx v1.5 I also have problems with the visualizations suddenly covers 50% of the screen(left side) it also tilts the screen 90 degress so the picture on my lcd is sidewards:confused: Only way I've found out to fix it is to do a restart.
*Also some buttons keeps red when not pressed, I know this might have something to do with RR, but I have flash8 installed, as I understand this would be a problem occuring with flash9
I numbered your questions for an easier response.
Originally Posted by diskey
1. what fm tuner are you using? LS doesnt use any fm tuner i dont beleive. He added it into the skin for those of us that do. I Use the HQCT and the FM skin works fine. You first need to scan to get local stations. the hqct makes a file with these stations stored in it. now if you press local again itll scan the area where your at for its radio stations. for when your traveling. when your done you press local and your original local station file is loaded back in. you can edit the station id from preset to whatever you want, I suggest going ahead and doing one and then going into the RR folder and finding the ini file and editing it from within. Its easiest that way. Also that was the only way I was able to get AM stations to work. as for speed and network status im not sure what your asking for.
2. very few people have tv tuners in their cars, im guessing itll be a while before this gets implemented unless you wanna edit a skin for lsx and smoke will put it in future releases.
3. I like the font for the NWSE it makes it stand out. I Truthfully dont care that much but im not sure if a different font would be any better. You could always find the jpgs of those and edit the pic to be in whatever font you like.
4. You can search for music on the audio page. press in the middle of the slider on the right. it will pop up a keyboard for you to search with. How the search function works is not part of the skin but part of road runner itself. I found that if you dont know the exact name, theres no telling what youll find. Im still in the process of orginizing 10k mp3's and putting in tags on all of it, so i might not be the best person to help with that,.
5. I know he put in freedrive support for those of you that use it, Im pretty sure LS uses IG like most of us. Maybe post some screens to see what your talking about? or maybe someone else using freedrive has a fix for you already?
6. make sure your using a newer version of winamp. and you are running winamp in classic mode. then outside of RR with winamp open, move the visual to where it needs to be and size. after that it will remember and should resize and imbed properly.
7. Your button is still red after you press it becasue it is still being highlighted. meaning when you press it your mouse cursor is still over it. Click somewhere else on the screen, if you disable seeing your pointer you might not of realized this.
nice yrean, thanks.
To add a little.
1. speed and network status arent on every screen, but on most. The main functions of any screen have priority, so when i run out of room, or things dont look quite how i like, i remove stuff thats not apart of the main functions of that screen. I also dont have a fm tuner, so any odd issues you may have a screen shot definately is needed for me to see and try to fix it. Same with XM and Sirrus.
2. Cant remember where the not ready thing was at, i think a text file, not sure. But the Camera screen works and this can also be used for TV if you have a tuner. I have a TV tuner on my laptop and i use the camera screen for TV all the time. You just have to configure the winamp TV plugin thats used for camera support for your TV tuner. It works.
3. The nort/south heading indicator has been replaced in the next update.
The entire top bar has been redone. I never liked the text either, it dosent display right. Its a gif file and no matter what i do, it has jaggies on the edges cuz of the transparency. The new version uses an arrow and looks much nicer.
5. Post a screenshot of the freedrive issues. The freedrive support is still in a basic form for right now. So changes will be made in the future. Personally i use IG3 so anyone headup on freedrive can feel free to make mods and post them.
7. buttons staying red is a RR issue. It will not turn it off until another button is focused. It bothers me too sometimes, but not a big issue at all. And if i can i try not to bother guino with really small things, i ask for so much allready :)
On the first post there is a list of changes and status on the next update.
Looks like im going to have to find another post to keep the change log though cuz i just went over the 1000 character post limit.:eek:
okey thx for answers, I will try to post a screenshot of freedrive, and play a little with the visualizations, I'm using winamp v5.0.
I'm using winradio (the one thats with wintv cards) I try what you said yrean and see what happends.
Didn't thought about that buttons stayed red because of the mouse beign there, but it's odd since it's mostly the SAT button on menu1 lower left corner that keeps red when I go from menu1 to menu2 then back.
LS how do I make the winamp tv plugin work embedded in the camera skin, and will I be able to switch channels within the skin?
yes you can switch channels. The way it works is each channel has a playlist file for it.
The best way to set it all up is to take a look at the tv faq, i had to read it myself a few times. A tad quirky, but when its setup it all works with zero issues. The tv plugin is ment to work with tv tuner cards etc. It just so happens it also works with webcams and such so we use it for cameras in the car.
I played with the tv plugin today trying to get it to work,
but unfortuantly the winamp tv plugin only supports WDM type drivers for
tv card, I have a wintv pci card with the 878 chip and I can't get it to work
with WDM drivers even though these are the standard drivers for the card. I
have to use VFQ drivers or the card wont find any fm/tv channels. I should probalby take this to another part of this forum but if anyone has a solution or know about another program that would embed and work ok in the skin with VFQ drivers let me know:(
One small request, im using ur skin with ur iGuidanceUMPC exe mod, everthing looks great, but the only problem is that the font is in black, and u cant see it when you get info from Ig, like for example, when i add a favorite or enter a new route, when it gets to the confrim screen...its all black and its hard to make out
Can the font color be changed in that exe file?
im aware of this, and ive been trying to find where the font color value is stored at for hours but no dice. Im not sure where its set at, on some screens its black and others its white.
Originally Posted by camsgs3
So for right now its one of those things we'll have to live with until i can find where its stored at. The other option is to do a complete redesign of the mod which i cant express how much of a pain in the *** that is. But in the end if i cant find the values thats probably what im going to have to do. So far it hasnt been an issue, usually that info isnt important at all. I know on the confirmation screen its black text, not sure about which other screens, but i know there are more.
Now you can't do that LS ;-) .... Post them goodies and I was tied up to respond... Any more hints or beta testers needed on that one - also like the artwork transformation your are adding.
You have my interest ;-) :eek:
Originally Posted by liquid_smoke