Page 78 of 131 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788128 ... LastLast
Results 771 to 780 of 1303

Thread: LSX (VOID) released

  1. #771
    SMKFree liquid_smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,842
    ignative is awesome, does what is says on the box.
    basicly the whole purpose of ignative is to embed iguidance in RR as a child window.
    The benifits are;
    no flicker when you click RR buttons (you dont see this now with my skin cuz i use the clip function)
    remove file menu, borders etc
    no longer need to use clip function so you wont see your desktop when leaving/entering gps screen
    removes warning nag

    It dosent add any new features persay, just does things the way they should be done properly.

    I havnt noticed any issues or downfalls to useing it.
    There are a few of my IG3 scripts that needed to be updated to work properly, so those using the beta with the current release of lsxvoid will likely have issues with the scripts. The next update will have the updated scripts.
    If a lot of people are using the beta ill prob release a update of just the scripts to use till the full skin update is released.

    which reminds me, for those following the instructions above on what to edit to use ignative. I forgot one thing. Remove the Clip Region function in the gps screens. Open the gps skin files in notepad or rrskineditor and delete the lines that start with "C" (no quotes) The line should look like this but with different numbers

    Code:
    /, C, x, y, w, h
    C,0,42,800,315

    as for goodies. I try to keep up the pace.
    Ive filled up the first 2 screens of custom commands you pick from and working on a 3rd screen of commands now. Somewhere in there, there is a goodie or two The first post has a list of whats in the next update, but some things arent listed there yet!
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

    beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-faq/
    mp3car live search

    i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

  2. #772
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    348
    Thanls LS --- much apreciate the info. I am making the changes now but appreciate all of the input, info, and instructions.....!

    Quote Originally Posted by liquid_smoke View Post
    ignative is awesome, does what is says on the box.
    basicly the whole purpose of ignative is to embed iguidance in RR as a child window.
    The benifits are;
    no flicker when you click RR buttons (you dont see this now with my skin cuz i use the clip function)
    remove file menu, borders etc
    no longer need to use clip function so you wont see your desktop when leaving/entering gps screen
    removes warning nag

    It dosent add any new features persay, just does things the way they should be done properly.

    I havnt noticed any issues or downfalls to useing it.
    There are a few of my IG3 scripts that needed to be updated to work properly, so those using the beta with the current release of lsxvoid will likely have issues with the scripts. The next update will have the updated scripts.
    If a lot of people are using the beta ill prob release a update of just the scripts to use till the full skin update is released.

    which reminds me, for those following the instructions above on what to edit to use ignative. I forgot one thing. Remove the Clip Region function in the gps screens. Open the gps skin files in notepad or rrskineditor and delete the lines that start with "C" (no quotes) The line should look like this but with different numbers

    Code:
    /, C, x, y, w, h
    C,0,42,800,315

    as for goodies. I try to keep up the pace.
    Ive filled up the first 2 screens of custom commands you pick from and working on a 3rd screen of commands now. Somewhere in there, there is a goodie or two The first post has a list of whats in the next update, but some things arent listed there yet!

  3. #773
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    348

    LS - Void and IGNative..

    LS,

    I don't want your thread to turn into an IGnative thread but will post this, more for clarification from you. I have applied all the changes, everything works as advertised - and is a great step. Maybe that is mild.....

    I have been tinkering with one (and this is not picking) quick flicker that occurs on the Entry into the GPS skin.... I have tried to figure what causes that and clearly it must be the way in which the RUN occurs, so was even testing with some ONSKINSTART stuff - but sure you are already reviewing this.

    For the record:

    1 - GPS load button - comes in nice (one quick filcker) all is well
    2 - EXIT that screen is lovely, even fades out beautiful...
    3 - If I create a temp button to LOAD GPS skin minus run, no flicker
    4 - If I also add an OSD button to load IG CONTROL no flicker

    So on my 3/4 I have tested a button that LOADs external_gps, (loads in beautiful) then and (OSD button) all beautiful this is after IG is up and cranking.

    I am sure you know way better than my experiment what causes this and it seems that somewhere in the syntax below one of those steps causes that little flicker:

    "GPS","LOAD;EXTERNAL_GPS.skin;RUN;C:\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance\iGuidanceUMPC.exe|nowarning;iGuidance||RUN;LSTOOLS\SB2.9_IG3\iGuidance\IGCONTROL.exe"

    Petty I know, but am sure you are on to it. I was jsut tinkering around with possibly getting rid of it which is easy with another button after the load.

    Shed some of your skinning power upon me

    Thanks again - all is working great...

    Quote Originally Posted by liquid_smoke View Post
    its ok to test the beta with this skin, the next release will be setup to use IGNATIVE by default.

    I'll post some info in a bit on what to change to keep things working the way they are but also use the ignative.

  4. #774
    SMKFree liquid_smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,842
    yeah, i noticed the little flick when entering but not leaving.
    It prob is related to the RUN in the command.
    Using the RUN actually isnt the correct way to do it, guino keeps saying it over and over, but for some reason it never works for me unless i use RUN.

    Ill def look into it more though, prob right now.
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

    beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

    i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

  5. #775
    SMKFree liquid_smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,842
    well it seems the entry flicker must be a by product of ignative, i completely disabled my custom commad and only using whats set in RR.ini and still see it.
    what did you say you did to get rid of it?
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

    beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

    i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

  6. #776
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    348
    Yea I tested this a ton of ways too - and seem to agree with you. One thing I was angling for was having IG just load and set to the back if possible ONSKINSTART? Because you will see once IG is loaded, if you set your button simply to LOAD the external_gps skin IG fades in as smooth as it fades out... I then tossed in an OSD button to bring up the ICONTROL if we still end up even needing that in a skin. All of that runs smooooth... Just had no luck loading like that...

    Also - am curious if IGMON will be put to the side and your feedback on how we can accomplich volume mute for IG instruction LS? How should and will we be handling that sir?

    Thx - any updates on your new artwork for a look?

    Quote Originally Posted by liquid_smoke View Post
    well it seems the entry flicker must be a by product of ignative, i completely disabled my custom commad and only using whats set in RR.ini and still see it.
    what did you say you did to get rid of it?

  7. #777
    Maximum Bitrate yrean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    540
    with IG3. we only need a small version of igmon. it doesnt need all the keyboard options etc. just the volume, switch screen, maybe autozoom etc. I bleive later down the line there will be a IGmon specifically for version 3. I just beleive hes not running 3 yet so hes in no hurry to do it.

    LS. You missed a hella good time today. you should of came out. we had a big turn out. alot of new faces, even one guy flew in from ATL for the day. One of these years ill convince you to come have a beer and a burger.
    MII12000 | 512MB PC3200 | 60GB 2.5" Samsung
    M2-ATX 160W PS | SlotLoad DVD/CDRW | BU353 GPS
    7" Lilliput 619 | WinTV | WIFI | Bluetooth
    Audigy2 ZS | HQCT | Kyocera KR1 Mobile Router(3G)
    Roadrunner | LSXvoid | IGuidance 3


    My Worklog

  8. #778
    SMKFree liquid_smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,842
    Quote Originally Posted by yrean View Post
    with IG3. we only need a small version of igmon. it doesnt need all the keyboard options etc. just the volume, switch screen, maybe autozoom etc. I bleive later down the line there will be a IGmon specifically for version 3. I just beleive hes not running 3 yet so hes in no hurry to do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by yrean View Post
    LS. You missed a hella good time today. you should of came out. we had a big turn out. alot of new faces, even one guy flew in from ATL for the day. One of these years ill convince you to come have a beer and a burger.
    sounds like u guys had fun. Believe me its not that i dont want to make it. Its just usually while everyone else is resting and going to church on sunday, i usually have work to do. So its really hard for me break away. Saturdays is a much better time for me. But i do plan on making it one of these sundays when im free.
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

    beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

    i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

  9. #779
    SMKFree liquid_smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,842
    Quote Originally Posted by kolemieux View Post
    Yea I tested this a ton of ways too - and seem to agree with you. One thing I was angling for was having IG just load and set to the back if possible ONSKINSTART? Because you will see once IG is loaded, if you set your button simply to LOAD the external_gps skin IG fades in as smooth as it fades out... I then tossed in an OSD button to bring up the ICONTROL if we still end up even needing that in a skin. All of that runs smooooth... Just had no luck loading like that...

    Also - am curious if IGMON will be put to the side and your feedback on how we can accomplich volume mute for IG instruction LS? How should and will we be handling that sir?

    Thx - any updates on your new artwork for a look?
    for me it fades in kind of rough no matter what i do, even if its allready loaded. Fades out really nice though, and i do intend to figure out what the issue is there.
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

    beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

    i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

  10. #780
    Maximum Bitrate yrean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    540
    hey LS, Im going to check it out myself, but ive noticed 1 or 2 things on the skin that just arent right.

    1. I know your changing the sliders in the near future, but i just noticed that the slider on the interent browser not the volume but the song position doesnt fully work. about 3/4 of the way up its dead.

    2. When i was checking weather yestarday, The 1 day and the week outlook worked fine, but when i went to look at the radar and the doppler etc, they didnt reload with any data. theyre still holding data from back in june or july or something.
    MII12000 | 512MB PC3200 | 60GB 2.5" Samsung
    M2-ATX 160W PS | SlotLoad DVD/CDRW | BU353 GPS
    7" Lilliput 619 | WinTV | WIFI | Bluetooth
    Audigy2 ZS | HQCT | Kyocera KR1 Mobile Router(3G)
    Roadrunner | LSXvoid | IGuidance 3


    My Worklog

Similar Threads

  1. LSX....void
    By liquid_smoke in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 172
    Last Post: 05-06-2006, 05:59 PM
  2. LSX Scripts
    By Osiris in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-14-2006, 10:13 PM
  3. QT 4 crossplatform released
    By s003apr in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-02-2005, 03:41 PM
  4. Will molding a dash void a lilliput's warranty?
    By mykolJay in forum Fabrication
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-29-2004, 08:48 PM
  5. Lorty's mp3car plugin 2.4.08 released
    By lorty in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-19-2001, 09:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •