Huh, I guess the image did post
First off this is a great skin. I started having an issue with the GPS Menu yesterday. It seems everytime I click the menu button the menu image pops up but it appears the blue background image is shifted to the upper left hand corner. I don't know how to insert an image so I've attached a jpeg file. I just updated RR and the Skin to see if maybe that solves it but still nothing
Any ideas ?
Huh, I guess the image did post
I was finally able to test everything in the car. Here are my findings:
1. Compass now works great;
2. In IG options the disable ding and disable off road features work fine.
3. In IG options the pause music and switch to IG options do not work. Regarding switch to IG, it may be that RR is stealing focus because when I exit RR the turn screen is still there and I must enter task manager to get rid of it. I don't know if this happens every time; I'll keep testing.
4. I usually have to hit the exit button on the IG options window twice in order to return to the IG map.
many thanks for the people helping me out with this, the last blue devil release and the last rr release resolved many little issues i had, i just need to try xport now to get a few gauges to work and then see if the mph is correct.
two little questions
1. is there a dvd resume some how? i hate having to start a movie all over again. "VIDEO" button works just fine and my avis and such resume just fine, dvd does not. iam using mpc.
2. one crazy thing i cant seem to do is use ig3 to instantly show me where i currently am. is there a trick? i have no probs with ms streets and trips but i dont use that with RR.
1997 corvette c5
toshiba laptop 2.4
1 gig ram
8" lilliput ws ts
road runner / blue devil
As for #4, that is a know issue with Road Runner itself, as explained in the help file.
I am not sure what you mean by "i cant seem to do is use ig3 to instantly show me where i currently am". Are you refering to iGuidance taking a LONG time to get a lock? If so I was having this problem with the delorme serial emulator. I switched to usng XPort, and now iGuidance gets a lock VERY fast.
In my audio browser, it starts with a list view of the Artists.
A press (single click) of an artist, or a "browse" button press enters the artist folder and changes to icon view showing album covers.
A press (single click) of an album selects it in case you want to choose the "select" button which clears the playlist and adds the selection and starts playing it.
If you double press the Album's icon it enters the album folder, switches back to list view and shows the individual songs in that folder.
Here's how to get it working.
you need 3 audio browser.skin files, they all use the same jpgs, but 1 and 3 use list view and 2 has icon view.
1. for the single presses equaling double presses, add in exectbl.ini
this means for the audio_browser.skin (original list view) to enter the folder (BROWSE) and load audio_browser2.skin (which shows icons) whenever an item is single clicked.
In audio_browser.skin change the browse button to... "LOAD;audio_browser_2.skin||BROWSE"
In audio_browser.skin when you enter a folder (by pressing or using the enter folder button ("browse")) it will now load audio_browser2.skin, which is the same as audio_browser.skin except for:
2. an /SD command (SD,02,02,130,112) in audio_browser2.skin with NO trailing comma and NO Path designated (this way it'll enherit the path from the previous screen; in this case it'll know to enter the album folder)
3. The browse button in audio_browser2.skin is set to "LOAD;audio_browser_3.skin||BROWSE" instead of a regular browse command (this'll enter the album folder and switch back to list view).
4. audio_browser3.skin now has an /SD of (SD,00,00,102,110) again No trailing comma and NO path so it enherits the path from previous screen (in this case it enters the album folder, switches back to list view and shows the individual song names)
5. the back button in audio_browser3.skin is set to "LOAD;audio_browser_2.skin||BACK" (to get back to icon mode and show album covers again)
I hope this all makes sense, but it really works great this way, let me know if you need some working examples or if my description made enough sense.
John, please check your PM.
I was searching for a calculator to replace the crappy Windows one and came across this thread started by you slightly over a year ago.
I especially like this quote from that post: "I am not much of a skinner or programmer with RoadRunner." To think, within a year after making that statement you have produced one of the top Road Runner skins ever.
Anyway, it sure would be nice if someone could skin that calculator for the Blue Devil skin.
Hehhehe it is amazing to see some of those old posts. I ran across one for the TV skin from around a year ago, where Guino mentioned he was not sure how to embed a TV video screen into the RR interface, and even then how it could possible be controlled
I will work on that calculator tonight and see what I can come up with. (Yes, I have learned a BIT of flash since then as well )