You can download the Blue Devil Skin Here::
Blue Devil Beta 2.1 11/28/06 2:36 AM EST
A New Auto Installer is included in the Zip File PLEASE check the help file for instructions!
Some of the new features in the Blue Devil skin REQUIRE the 11/25/06 or later version of Road Runner to work. You can download the latest version which is Road Runner 11/25/06
iGuidance theme.ini to make iGuidance resemble Google Maps. This is well commented, and is a good start to creating your own color combinations for roads, parks, street colors and width ect. Simply put the file in your iGuidance directory for it to work.
Donations are not neccessary but I have gotten a LOT of request for a donate button, so here it is.
If you feel you want to send something my way, I do appreceiate it, and thank you.
Many MANY thanks to the people who have made donations:
Kevin, Dave, AfterDigital, Arnis, K&M, SteveC, DeadlyAP1 , Jarred, Damien & jmciver
Sorry, from the PayPal, I do not know some of your screen names on the forums, if you want me to replace your name with you screen name on the forums, just drop me a PM.....
NOTE: You can also download the following at the above link:
- Menu PSD's & Font to create/alter the menu's
- Template PSD to create your own screens to match the blue Devil skin.
- FreeDrive/Destinator Skin
- iGuidance Patch to alter iGuidance to match the Blue Devil Skin
This patch also includes:
- add's the ability to navigate by entering Lat & Lon coordinates. To get to
this new feature, go to the menu, and select "destinations" it is the bottom button
- Patches iGuidance to work with LostReceptions iG-QWERTY Keyboard
- Changes the street signs in iGuidance to look more like actual road signs.
2.1 Additions & Fixes 11/22/06
Re-did the Mixer screen to make the current level indicator that is selected "glow" as well as adding buttons/indicators to mute certain Line In's and Winamp's Pre-Amp.
Created a new options screen to control Auto Volume based on your GPS current speed. (Located on the Settings menu (Replaced "Network Settings" button)
Set up the skin to use a new AVS plugin that displays a bar graph EQ over the top of the current Album Cover Art on the "Player" skin. This will take some configuration on your part, see the help file for instructions.
I inadvertently removed the "Online" indicator from the menu screens in the last version, it is now back in place.
My First and Foremost goal, was to make this skin VERY easy to navigate, with all buttons large enough to easily press. Many skins look stunning, and include a lot of options/functionality, but can often be hard to use on a 7" touchscreen (ESPECIALLY while driving.... but who uses the car computer when driving anyways? ;) ) I know this will limit how much I can fit on one screen, and I will have to work with that.
Another goal, is to have it VERY easy to understand, so anyone can use it, and not have to explain what the little button with the strange symbol on the audio browser does for example. With my last skin, I found I was the only person who could use it easily without giving a lesson in it's use first!
The The Blue Devil Skin includes the Following Software / Hardware skins:
- iGuidance Native Support with Widescreen and Tall screen skins
- iGuidance "Pop-Up Menu" that allows FULL control of all features of iGuidance 3.0 UMPC with custom written scripts to do so.
- iGuidance Auto Switching and audio control options screen
- GPS Speed Volume screen to control all features to increase / decrease the volume of your system based on the your speed, (reported by the GPS device)
- Skinned iGuidance QWERTY Keyboard LostReception created a QWERTY Keyboard to replace the alphabetical one in iGuidance 3.0! You can download the plugin from THIS THREAD
Once you install it, you can replace the default images with the ones in the following .zip file: IGQwertyBlueDevilSkins.zip
Just place the 2 Bmp's in the above zip in the SAME folder with the IGQwerty executable, and it will use the new images instead of the built in default ones.
- Destinator using "FreeDeive" written by CDRSkull
- Streets & Trips
- GPS Status screen. This uses Flash Gauges (included) to display gauges for speedometer, compass & Satellites Aquired. Lost of other info also from RR Labels
- XM Satelite Radio
- Sirius Satelite Radio
- AM/FM Radio (Currently using Evolution's Radio Shark code now built into the latest version or RR)
- GPS Gas Price FinderSkin & Files
- PHOCO With Dialing, SMS Messaging ect
- Photo viewer (Using Image Viewer a FANTASTIC little program created by gabepage.
This program is small & fast and has many features! It embeds perfectly with no borders, and has zooming capabilities as well as a slide show feature. When an image is zoomed, it allows you to move the picture around the screen by dragging on it with either your finger or a mouse.
- Skin Loader & Gamma Control Screen
- Power Screen (Restart, Hibernate, Standby, Power Off, yadda yadda yadda..)
- Web Browser
- Applications (Launch)
- Games Skin, (8 Touchscreen Friendly Games are included with the skin)
- Video Player
- CD Ripping Skin
- Weather (With current & 5 day forecast. I also wrote a program to automatically download maps for Radar, Satellite and Temperature maps. Plus dynamically added favorite cities customizable on the skin itself.
- On Screen Keyboard
- On Screen Number Keypad
- Advance Playlist controls to append songs, replace, delete playlists and many other features
1) Audio browser screen, (With buttons to jump alphabetically through the list) I have over 900 CD's ripped to the drive, and scrolling is NOT an option! :)
2) "Standard" Playlist screen & buttons
3) And lastly a full screen music screen, Minus the playlist/browser lists, and with all pertinent song information, Play controls, with Album Art display, and large Visulization. This will be a nice screen to leave on while the music is playing. This is just an additional screen that is not NEEDED, but simply to implement some eye candy. All 3 screens are cross linked. GPS can also replace the "Visulization area" of the skin to have your GPS application embeded into the Audio Player screen.
Ok Guys, there just got to be FAR to many screens to post here in this thread. I created a Flickr Account, and you can view, and comment on the photo's there
ALL OF THE SCREEN CAPTURES, OF EACH SCREEN OF THIS SKIN CAN BE FOUND HERE.
Here are the main menu screens: