Thread: Lsx Void 3.0

  1. #1651
    SMKFree liquid_smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    Because you can't be trusted to do it in such away to prevent the following
    ha ha

    in cases like that, i show no sympathy for those who cant bother to read the very next line of text that says the download is offline. LOL
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

    beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-faq/
    mp3car live search

    i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

  2. #1652
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid_smoke View Post
    when i say already converted i mean on my end, when the download is active again the new version will have all the list for the main menu's (that have list) to ilist except for one.

    no cover flow is not installed in the skin, i was hoping that it would become useable at some point but its just far to slow. The files are in place incase one day its actually useable i can easily enable it.

    dont waste your time with it though, its horribly slow even on fast machines.
    actually i dont know if you've checked recently but he released a version without the reflections and that was supposed to speed it up significantly. you may want to give it a shot if you are interested...im sure it would be a great feature.

    also, good point on the radio thing. i should try out the same feature in other skins to see if its a skin issue or rr issue (for the basics such as navi, radio, etc). i.e. i found a post stating that adding EmbedAppList=iGuidance may solve the iguidance closing issue so i'm going to give it a shot (just posting here incase someone reads it).

    as for the file browser, i played around with it more and copy-paste does indeed work, however i dont think the list is updated til it is reloaded (i checked this when i used the delete button, and the item was still on the list). my E: and F: drives both contain files but nothing will load when they are clicked. if you'd like i can post a debug file.

    i also have played around with the playlists and created a separate folder called (--Playlists--) like you suggested, but this history feature is weird. I suppose it works ok for going backwards, but then if you try to go forwards afterwards it gets screwed up. At one point, all 5 playlists got written with the same track list, which was basically just one music album, even though I had added 5 into the original playlist. If you could post basic instructions on how to use the playlist feature, including what the rename, delete, and save buttons actually do, that would be helpful, because as stupid as it sounds i can't figure out how to make and save a playlist, or save an already playing one and name it what i want.

  3. #1653
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1
    It would be really cool to have the keyboard in the gps. nroute doesnt have soft keyboard built in. that could be helpfull for some people. This skin rocks! thank you!

  4. #1654
    Low Bitrate taylorgauss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    93
    LSX,

    I am about to install my carputer but I would like to have your skin fully integrated. Do you think it will be long before the kinks in the new version will be worked out?

  5. #1655
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,617
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorgauss View Post
    Do you think it will be long before the kinks in the new version will be worked out?

    Bit harsh isn't it?

    What about the people that want to listen to the kinks?


  6. #1656
    Variable Bitrate CARLOS_CET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    303
    Car PC Progress

    (>>>>>>>>>>>>---) 90%


    "Don't speak about it, be about it"


  7. #1657
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    725
    I wanted to point out/request one thing. After a fixed amount of time in the audio screen, the album art replaces the track list. That's great when you're playing an album with a folder.jpg inside. But if you are just listening to a random track with no album art, the window basically becomes blank because there is neither a track list or album art being displayed. Can a check be put in place to verify that there is indeed album art for the current song before switching into that mode?

  8. #1658
    SMKFree liquid_smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,842
    Quote Originally Posted by hari-bhari View Post
    actually i dont know if you've checked recently but he released a version without the reflections and that was supposed to speed it up significantly. you may want to give it a shot if you are interested...im sure it would be a great feature.

    also, good point on the radio thing. i should try out the same feature in other skins to see if its a skin issue or rr issue (for the basics such as navi, radio, etc). i.e. i found a post stating that adding EmbedAppList=iGuidance may solve the iguidance closing issue so i'm going to give it a shot (just posting here incase someone reads it).

    as for the file browser, i played around with it more and copy-paste does indeed work, however i dont think the list is updated til it is reloaded (i checked this when i used the delete button, and the item was still on the list). my E: and F: drives both contain files but nothing will load when they are clicked. if you'd like i can post a debug file.

    i also have played around with the playlists and created a separate folder called (--Playlists--) like you suggested, but this history feature is weird. I suppose it works ok for going backwards, but then if you try to go forwards afterwards it gets screwed up. At one point, all 5 playlists got written with the same track list, which was basically just one music album, even though I had added 5 into the original playlist. If you could post basic instructions on how to use the playlist feature, including what the rename, delete, and save buttons actually do, that would be helpful, because as stupid as it sounds i can't figure out how to make and save a playlist, or save an already playing one and name it what i want.
    yeah, the list i think needs to be reloaded for the new items to show up, its a somewhat RR issue, but i intend to look into it and see if there is a work around.

    Ill make a video showing how the playlist stuff works etc. In the playlist list though, the items to do show up right way if there is something new added (or did at one point).

    To save a playlist all you have to do is click save and give it a name and it will save whatever you currently have loaded (listening to) to a playlist file. Rename and Delete work on the items selected in the list.
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

    beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

    i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

  9. #1659
    SMKFree liquid_smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,842
    Quote Originally Posted by hari-bhari View Post
    I wanted to point out/request one thing. After a fixed amount of time in the audio screen, the album art replaces the track list. That's great when you're playing an album with a folder.jpg inside. But if you are just listening to a random track with no album art, the window basically becomes blank because there is neither a track list or album art being displayed. Can a check be put in place to verify that there is indeed album art for the current song before switching into that mode?
    short answer: No. I dont think there is anyway to know if the track has album art or not. In the update there will be an option to turn the automatic album art view off.
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

    beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

    i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

  10. #1660
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid_smoke View Post
    short answer: No. I dont think there is anyway to know if the track has album art or not. In the update there will be an option to turn the automatic album art view off.
    In that case, does the function support embedded mp3art in the file itself, or only artwork that is in the containing folder. If not, I guess I can just put a picture of my car in the folder containing all my random songs, lol.

    EDIT: I tried using the embedapp command for iguidance, its still closing out after some time. I'll try making the navi screen preload in RR and that way itll stay loaded and embedded, see if that helps. Is there any way to check if iguidance is actually closing/crashing due to something else?

    EDIT 2: Blue_ZX3 is currently working on a database plugin to allow building and searching of the entire media library (i assume independently of winamp's library). Any chance you would be interesting in adding this on? I think it's really the only missing piece in RR.

Similar Threads

  1. HD radio skin for LSX void 3 download
    By hugenius79 in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 02:24 PM
  2. LSX Void Error
    By TeamRSX in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-31-2007, 01:52 AM
  3. Lsx Void Error
    By michael2 in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 10:55 PM
  4. StreetDeck for a 1955 Buick
    By aforget in forum DigitalMods (Scripts / API)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-29-2007, 02:01 PM
  5. LSX Void FAQ
    By Cali in forum Wiki Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 08:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •