Thread: Lsx Void 3.0

  1. #2361
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    54
    No - XP pro. I had all of my sounds off and thought that might be it but I turned them on to windows default and sill get the error.

    d

  2. #2362
    SMKFree liquid_smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,842
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamRSX View Post
    I just downloaded a gui for the dsatx brainstem provided by member at_b.

    DSATX GUI Interface

    I have embeded the application which is done in flash manually in ExecTBL.ini in void directory with the directions on that file so i can choose the app and put on a button.

    I then created a skin file to incorporate the external application which i did by grabbing another skin file as a template.

    Everything looks good exept for a few problems.

    On the bottom of the screen i have attache the volume indicator and the song positon bar.

    For some reason i can't adjust the volume or even the '+' and '-' icons are not showing up.

    I have attached a screen shot of what it looks like and also provided the contents of the skin file. If anyone could assist that would be great.



    contents of dsatx.skin file:

    RoadRunner Skin
    RRScreen DSATX
    MENU_EMPTY2.png,MENU_OFF.png,menu_on.png,MENU_DOWN .png

    /, F, x, y, w, h, Movie name
    F,0,45,800,640,"dsatx.swf"

    /, INC, FILENAME
    INC,LSXCOLORS.txt

    /, Y, Back Slider file path
    Y01,"vslider1\slider_*.gif"
    Y02,"vslider2\slider_*.gif"

    /, S, x, y, w, h, x1, y1, w1, h1, O, Style, Pointer file path, h2, Code;SLIDERCODES, Tooltip
    S01,9,440,390,35,9,440,390,35,H,01,"vslider1\point er.gif",013,"MASTER",
    S02,399,440,390,35,399,440,390,35,H,02,"vslider2\p ointer.gif",043,"SONGPOS",

    /, I, x, y, w, h, Code;INDICATORCODES
    I,210,1,28,27,"HEADING"
    I,541,-7,30,36,"ONLINE"

    /, B, x, y, w, h, Command;COMMANDCODES, Tooltip
    B,0,-1,212,40,"MAINBT37",@HOLDMAINBT37@
    B,577,-2,223,40,"ESC",
    B,315,0,156,38,"MAINBT38",@HOLDMAINBT38@

    /, L, x, y, w, h, color R;RGB, G, B, font size;FONT, font name, Code;LABELCODES, Tooltip;LABELALIGNMENT
    L09,13,6,34,27,#COL3R#,#COL3G#,#COL3B#,6,"Webdings :B","=g g","LEFT"
    L09,13,19,35,27,#COL3R#,#COL3G#,#COL3B#,6,"Webding s:B","=g g","LEFT"
    L09,44,8,90,27,#COL3R#,#COL3G#,#COL3B#,#SIZE1#,#FO NT1#,"TIME","CENTER"
    L,625,8,160,27,#COL3R#,#COL3G#,#COL3B#,#SIZE1#,#FO NT1#,"=CLOSE","CENTER"
    L,321,2,131,31,#COLGR#,#COLGG#,#COLGB#,#SIZE1#,#FO NT1#,"= ||GPSSPD","RIGHT"
    A,0,42,800,394,
    L,22,437,61,21,#COL3R#,#COL3G#,#COL3B#,#SIZE1#,#FO NT1#,"=_","LEFT"
    L,352,444,34,28,#COL8R#,#COL8G#,#COL8B#,#SIZE1#,#F ONT1#,"=+","RIGHT"

    END

    Any help would be appreciated.

    it looks like u have some things missing in your .skin file. Im not sure what screen you used as a template, but looks like u maybe deleted to many items.
    I wouldnt follow directions from a plugin etc on how to set them up in this skin, as things are a lot different in this skin than they are in other skins. If you changed the button code on any of the dynamic buttons on menu.skin im pretty sure you just broke a few things. It may not be obvious but will likely popup somewhere down the road. The best thing to do would be to use the built in app embeder. Click and hold a button and choose one of the EMPTY buttons from the list (on 3rd Screen) then follow the directions. Should take like 2 minutes to do and requires no editing of any files.

    as for your .skin file above.

    you have some bad grouping that may be an issue. Try moving the A,0,42,800,394, to be on the bottom, or not in the middle of the Labels group. The plus minus labels are right under it and im guessing they arent being rendered cuz they are out of order, or its possible your A line is too big and is covering them up.

    what does that app do? If its something a lot of people use its prob a good idea for me to include it by default.
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

    beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-faq/
    mp3car live search

    i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

  3. #2363
    SMKFree liquid_smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,842
    Quote Originally Posted by ding0 View Post
    No - XP pro. I had all of my sounds off and thought that might be it but I turned them on to windows default and sill get the error.

    d
    must be something odd on ur system

    look inside the skin folder and find the file "playsound.exe"
    try to run it manually, do u still get the error?

    do you have a file named "intro.mp3" also in the same folder?
    If its missing that may be the issue. Otherwise im not sure what it could be.
    You would be the first person to ever have a problem with that file and its been around for about 2 years.

    worse case you can simply delete that file and you wont hear a startup sound but im guessing if your having problems with that file, your likely to have a lot more somewhere as i use ton of compiled scripts and that one is probably the most basic of them all. It only has one line of code. SoundPlay ("intro.mp3",1). So if we can fix the issue without deleting the file that would be best to ensure everything else runs good.
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

    beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

    i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

  4. #2364
    SMKFree liquid_smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,842
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalRudeBoy View Post
    have deleted the file named ziplocator.dll working fine so far will update. soon

    Anyone know where this file is coming from?
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

    beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

    i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

  5. #2365
    Variable Bitrate TeamRSX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid_smoke View Post
    it looks like u have some things missing in your .skin file. Im not sure what screen you used as a template, but looks like u maybe deleted to many items.
    I wouldnt follow directions from a plugin etc on how to set them up in this skin, as things are a lot different in this skin than they are in other skins. If you changed the button code on any of the dynamic buttons on menu.skin im pretty sure you just broke a few things. It may not be obvious but will likely popup somewhere down the road. The best thing to do would be to use the built in app embeder. Click and hold a button and choose one of the EMPTY buttons from the list (on 3rd Screen) then follow the directions. Should take like 2 minutes to do and requires no editing of any files.

    as for your .skin file above.

    you have some bad grouping that may be an issue. Try moving the A,0,42,800,394, to be on the bottom, or not in the middle of the Labels group. The plus minus labels are right under it and im guessing they arent being rendered cuz they are out of order, or its possible your A line is too big and is covering them up.

    what does that app do? If its something a lot of people use its prob a good idea for me to include it by default.
    I tried the built in embeder and couldn't get it to work initially. The application is not an '.exe', but rather a '.swf'.

    When i tried the built in embeder and it prompts you to enter the location of the application i can only goto directory C:\Program Files\Road Runner\Skin\LSX VOID 3.0\. Doesn't let me pick any files in LSX Void 3.0 directory, so couln't pick the correct swf file.

    I even tried picking it from a differnt location which was fine, but everytime i click the button it just asks me to embed the application. So, obviously something was wrong so i tried to set it up manually by creating another skin and just load the skin.

    Also, i'm not sure of the window name as again its a flash file, so i kinda gave up on that idea and tried to do it manually.

    With the skin file i am using i used FreeFone.skin file as a template and just renamed another file dsatx.skin and put the contents of the freefone.skin. I just deleted things i wouldn't need.

    So, in the ExecTBL in lsx void folder this is what i added:

    "AP50","LOAD;dsatx.skin"
    "SETUPMENULABEL50","SETVAR;AP50LB;=DSATX||SETUPMEN ULABEL51"

    So, i used the freefone as a template and created a new file. Added the below lines in exectbl and thats it. Didn't touch any other skin file or modified anything.

    I tried what you suggested about the skin file and re-arrange some of the code and what i found out was if i comment out the below line (which is the flash file) the volume works fine. So, it has something to do with overlapping, but can't seem to fix it.

    F,0,45,800,640,"dsatx.swf"

    I would rather just use the build in embeding, but like i said before i was having troubles.

    This is an application designed specifically for the DSATX Brainstem. This allows you to modify settings with in a GUI environment. It would be nice to have this available as a built in feature, but not sure how many ppl use it.

    PS. Sorry for the long post..

  6. #2366
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid_smoke View Post
    must be something odd on ur system

    look inside the skin folder and find the file "playsound.exe"
    try to run it manually, do u still get the error?

    do you have a file named "intro.mp3" also in the same folder?
    If its missing that may be the issue. Otherwise im not sure what it could be.
    You would be the first person to ever have a problem with that file and its been around for about 2 years.

    worse case you can simply delete that file and you wont hear a startup sound but im guessing if your having problems with that file, your likely to have a lot more somewhere as i use ton of compiled scripts and that one is probably the most basic of them all. It only has one line of code. SoundPlay ("intro.mp3",1). So if we can fix the issue without deleting the file that would be best to ensure everything else runs good.

    I have both files in the C:\Program Files\Road Runner\skins\LSX VOID 3.0 directory. When I dblclick Playsound.exe I get that msg. When I dblclick the mp3 it plays.

    One thing: I had installed void previously and somehow selected the wrong directroy to put it in. I used Add/remove programs to uninstall it and then reinstall it into C:\Program Files\Road Runner\skins\LSX VOID 3.0

    Its prolly due to my prior install...??

    d

  7. #2367
    SMKFree liquid_smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,842
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamRSX View Post
    I tried the built in embeder and couldn't get it to work initially. The application is not an '.exe', but rather a '.swf'.

    When i tried the built in embeder and it prompts you to enter the location of the application i can only goto directory C:\Program Files\Road Runner\Skin\LSX VOID 3.0\. Doesn't let me pick any files in LSX Void 3.0 directory, so couln't pick the correct swf file.

    I even tried picking it from a differnt location which was fine, but everytime i click the button it just asks me to embed the application. So, obviously something was wrong so i tried to set it up manually by creating another skin and just load the skin.

    Also, i'm not sure of the window name as again its a flash file, so i kinda gave up on that idea and tried to do it manually.

    With the skin file i am using i used FreeFone.skin file as a template and just renamed another file dsatx.skin and put the contents of the freefone.skin. I just deleted things i wouldn't need.

    So, in the ExecTBL in lsx void folder this is what i added:

    "AP50","LOAD;dsatx.skin"
    "SETUPMENULABEL50","SETVAR;AP50LB;=DSATX||SETUPMEN ULABEL51"

    So, i used the freefone as a template and created a new file. Added the below lines in exectbl and thats it. Didn't touch any other skin file or modified anything.

    I tried what you suggested about the skin file and re-arrange some of the code and what i found out was if i comment out the below line (which is the flash file) the volume works fine. So, it has something to do with overlapping, but can't seem to fix it.

    F,0,45,800,640,"dsatx.swf"

    I would rather just use the build in embeding, but like i said before i was having troubles.

    This is an application designed specifically for the DSATX Brainstem. This allows you to modify settings with in a GUI environment. It would be nice to have this available as a built in feature, but not sure how many ppl use it.

    PS. Sorry for the long post..
    ok, you did the right thing.

    The problem i see is your Flash file is infact overlapping the bottom volume controls. Its set to be 800x640 and nothing should be set that big in the skin as the skin itself is only 800x480 and all edits should be done with that in mind. When you change the skin res to 800x600 via options everything scales relative to the original.

    change your F line to look like this

    F,0,42,800,394,"dsatx.swf"

    that should fix ur overlap and also size it to properly fill the correct area.



    Quote Originally Posted by ding0 View Post
    I have both files in the C:\Program Files\Road Runner\skins\LSX VOID 3.0 directory. When I dblclick Playsound.exe I get that msg. When I dblclick the mp3 it plays.

    One thing: I had installed void previously and somehow selected the wrong directroy to put it in. I used Add/remove programs to uninstall it and then reinstall it into C:\Program Files\Road Runner\skins\LSX VOID 3.0

    Its prolly due to my prior install...??

    d
    prior install shouldnt matter, u also can install the skin anywhere you want as long as RR knows where the skin is located via rrconfig.
    Do you have any other problems with the skin in any other areas? Do you get any errors in a popup box like the one about the sound?
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

    beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

    i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

  8. #2368
    SMKFree liquid_smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,842
    was about to post a small update, but gonna hold it off till later tonite.
    The problem is it seems that none of the timers or idle timers in RR are actually working at all and im so sick of screwing with them. So im going to write my own timers, so it'll take a while to replace all the existing timers that dont work anyway.
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

    beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

    i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

  9. #2369
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid_smoke View Post
    prior install shouldnt matter, u also can install the skin anywhere you want as long as RR knows where the skin is located via rrconfig.
    Do you have any other problems with the skin in any other areas? Do you get any errors in a popup box like the one about the sound?
    No - no other errors. How about the Sound and Audio Devices Properties? Anything special in there? Should it be able to run with "no sounds" being set? Its now set to "Default".

    d

  10. #2370
    SMKFree liquid_smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,842
    Quote Originally Posted by ding0 View Post
    I have both files in the C:\Program Files\Road Runner\skins\LSX VOID 3.0 directory. When I dblclick Playsound.exe I get that msg. When I dblclick the mp3 it plays.

    One thing: I had installed void previously and somehow selected the wrong directroy to put it in. I used Add/remove programs to uninstall it and then reinstall it into C:\Program Files\Road Runner\skins\LSX VOID 3.0

    Its prolly due to my prior install...??

    d

    also, i just caught this.

    When you install the skin, you should not point the installer to the skin dir in RR, you should point it to RoadRunner's root path.

    So the installer should point to
    C:\Program Files\Road Runner\

    Your copy of RR can be installed anywhere u like, but the skin must be installed into RR in the proper dir, which is RRs root folder.

    So when everything is done you should have a folder in the root of your RR install named "LSTOOLS" and the actual skin should be located in \Road Runner\skins\LSX VOID 3.0.
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

    beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

    i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Similar Threads

  1. HD radio skin for LSX void 3 download
    By hugenius79 in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 01:24 PM
  2. LSX Void Error
    By TeamRSX in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-31-2007, 12:52 AM
  3. Lsx Void Error
    By michael2 in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 09:55 PM
  4. StreetDeck for a 1955 Buick
    By aforget in forum DigitalMods (Scripts / API)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-29-2007, 01:01 PM
  5. LSX Void FAQ
    By Cali in forum Wiki Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 07:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •