Thread: Lsx Void 3.0

  1. #2571
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sweden/Vaxjo
    Posts
    418

    Working with Sygic

    So I love the new release... I had to stop using it earlier since it crashed everytime I tried to use the iList... now when they are off I can use the skin again... and it's bloody amazing!

    I just have 2 small questions, I've started using sygic drive instead of IG these days since I really really like the interface of sygic instead... much easier to use on the touchscreen tbh... but there seems to be something weird with the clipping area and I'm no skinner so I have no clue what to change!
    it looks like this right now (sry about the quality, my phonecam sucks:P )



    2 different gps modes, doesnt matter which one of them I use tbh... so if anyone out there also is using Sygic and have some ideas what to change, or maybe even some changed files already I would love to have them

    The other question I'm having is if anyone have a radioskin for the Silab's stick, the mute button and so on doesn't work and I have no idea if the TS or NEWS function is on and so on... I made a skin earlier for it but since I uninstalled it from the comp it's gone by now...
    Swedish site for CarPC's
    http://www.bilpc.info

  2. #2572
    SMKFree liquid_smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,842
    Quote Originally Posted by BReMFoX View Post
    - I downloaded the file from http://lsxvoid.dominance.org/lsxvoid3/LSXVOID_3.3.exe incl. the update mentioned below the link on post #1.
    - I checked the skin_options.txt files and they are all there.
    - As far as i know i didn't edit or replaced the ExecTBL.ini file, i installed the skin and nothing more.
    - Attached is the debug file.
    i took a look at your debug file, and it is indeed loading the old version of the options screen.

    I also downloaded the 3.301 update and looked in the ExecTBL.ini file and its set up correctly to point to the new options screen.

    Have you applied any other updates after the first two links on the first page?

    Are you certain you have the latest version of RR. In the options screen (new or old) there is an about screen, go there and tell me the RR version date and also the skin version number you see in the top left and right corners of that screen.

    also, post your ExecTBL.ini file that is inside of the skin.

    In the mean time, try to re apply the 3.301 update
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

    beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-faq/
    mp3car live search

    i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

  3. #2573
    SMKFree liquid_smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,842
    humm, without having access to that specific navigation app i can only guess what the issue is. It seems like its not embedding properly, like it doesn't want to be resized to the area that is defined in the skin.

    Im also thinking since its not any of the supported gps apps, it likely has a conflict in a command somewhere since its possibly expecting another app instead.

    What modifications did you do to get sygic to run with RR. Did you only change the settings in RRConfig.exe for the GPS app?

    I may have to make a specific setting for you.



    Quote Originally Posted by Naesstrom View Post
    So I love the new release... I had to stop using it earlier since it crashed everytime I tried to use the iList... now when they are off I can use the skin again... and it's bloody amazing!

    I just have 2 small questions, I've started using sygic drive instead of IG these days since I really really like the interface of sygic instead... much easier to use on the touchscreen tbh... but there seems to be something weird with the clipping area and I'm no skinner so I have no clue what to change!
    it looks like this right now (sry about the quality, my phonecam sucks:P )



    2 different gps modes, doesnt matter which one of them I use tbh... so if anyone out there also is using Sygic and have some ideas what to change, or maybe even some changed files already I would love to have them

    The other question I'm having is if anyone have a radioskin for the Silab's stick, the mute button and so on doesn't work and I have no idea if the TS or NEWS function is on and so on... I made a skin earlier for it but since I uninstalled it from the comp it's gone by now...
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

    beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

    i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

  4. #2574
    SMKFree liquid_smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,842
    Quote Originally Posted by b3tts32 View Post
    I tried that and "maps3" loads maps.live.com and "maps2" doesn't load anything. Any other suggestions? Or any way I can manually edit it. Thanks


    do you have firefox set as your browser in RR?

    If so, this is why maps3 loads maps.live.com instead of google.


    This was put in place a while ago because when i script websites they arent compatible with firefox, only IE since im not just sending a url to open.

    what you can do though, open ExecTBL.ini and make the following modifications.

    find the line

    "MAPS2a2","Load;ALT\web\fullscreen\wbrowser.skin|| RUN;RUN;$skinpath$freshlogic.exe;freshlogic"
    remove the area in bold
    (this is why maps2 does nothing)


    find the line
    "MAPS3A","BYVAR;browsertype;MAPS3A2<<MAPS3a1"

    change the text in bold to be MAPS3a1, so the complete line should look like this
    "MAPS3A","BYVAR;browsertype;MAPS3a1<<MAPS3a1"

    this will disable the browser type check and load gmaps no matter what.
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

    beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

    i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

  5. #2575
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sweden/Vaxjo
    Posts
    418
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid_smoke View Post
    humm, without having access to that specific navigation app i can only guess what the issue is. It seems like its not embedding properly, like it doesn't want to be resized to the area that is defined in the skin.

    Im also thinking since its not any of the supported gps apps, it likely has a conflict in a command somewhere since its possibly expecting another app instead.

    What modifications did you do to get sygic to run with RR. Did you only change the settings in RRConfig.exe for the GPS app?

    I may have to make a specific setting for you.
    well there's a fine link over at the digital-car forum about the gps, where you can find a "demo" version of it and different maps etc...

    But yes... I only changed it from the IG exe to the drive.exe that starts the sygic software, I even tried adding some extra commands for changing the width and height but that didn't seem to work either!
    The strange thing is that I tried it first with FreeIce and it worked great there for some reason! I really thought more people had started using it since it's a really great piece of navigation software for carpc's!
    Swedish site for CarPC's
    http://www.bilpc.info

  6. #2576
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    249
    Hi,

    I use Sygic within LSX without any problems.
    First of all you NEED to specify the width and height.
    But try to do it in an AutoIt script and compile it all as exe file, and launch the new exe file with RR.
    Secondly, I would recommend using one the of "empty" buttons instead of the GPS button in LSX.

    HTHs.

  7. #2577
    Newbie BReMFoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid_smoke View Post
    i took a look at your debug file, and it is indeed loading the old version of the options screen.

    I also downloaded the 3.301 update and looked in the ExecTBL.ini file and its set up correctly to point to the new options screen.

    Have you applied any other updates after the first two links on the first page?

    Are you certain you have the latest version of RR. In the options screen (new or old) there is an about screen, go there and tell me the RR version date and also the skin version number you see in the top left and right corners of that screen.

    also, post your ExecTBL.ini file that is inside of the skin.

    In the mean time, try to re apply the 3.301 update
    - No, i didn't apply any other updates after installing version 3.301
    - Road Runner version is 12/13/2007
    - Skin version is 3.301
    - I re applied version 3.301, but no good.
    - Below my ExecTBL.ini file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    | Suzuki Esteem 1.8 GTX | Intel Pentium 4 Carputer | Entertainment On A Higher Level |

  8. #2578
    Constant Bitrate b3tts32's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arlington, Tx
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid_smoke View Post
    do you have firefox set as your browser in RR?

    If so, this is why maps3 loads maps.live.com instead of google.


    This was put in place a while ago because when i script websites they arent compatible with firefox, only IE since im not just sending a url to open.

    what you can do though, open ExecTBL.ini and make the following modifications.

    find the line

    "MAPS2a2","Load;ALT\web\fullscreen\wbrowser.skin|| RUN;RUN;$skinpath$freshlogic.exe;freshlogic"
    remove the area in bold
    (this is why maps2 does nothing)


    find the line
    "MAPS3A","BYVAR;browsertype;MAPS3A2<<MAPS3a1"

    change the text in bold to be MAPS3a1, so the complete line should look like this
    "MAPS3A","BYVAR;browsertype;MAPS3a1<<MAPS3a1"

    this will disable the browser type check and load gmaps no matter what.
    Yeah I do have firefox and those changes got it to load google maps. I do have just 2 other issues though since I got that working.

    1. It's not fully embedded as the top part is just cut off and I can't see the top search bar or the file menus. It embeds fine just going to google maps from the browser screen though.

    2. Whenever I do a search from the bottom right search button it pulls up some google election maps? Thanks again I can't imagine how much work you've put into this thing. When this stipend comes in for us here in Texas I'll be sending a donation your way. Thanks again.

  9. #2579
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Leawood, Kansas
    Posts
    140
    I searched for a while but there have been so many versions this is difficult.

    Whenever I open up LSX Void 3.3 with patch installed, It opens, but there is a big white box down where it looks like the visualization is supposed to be. Also, the button backgrounds on the shutdown menu seem to be off by about half an inch, and when you press the color changes halfway between buttons. Is there something I missed?
    Compaq v6719 Athlon X2 tk-57
    Xenarc 7" Dash Install, iGuidance w/ iGPS 500
    HD Radio, Powermate, ShuttleXpress, XMDirect, DC/Auto turn on, Pioneer TS-C720PRS, 2 12" MTX BTE's, JL 500/1 and RBC

    94.3% of all percentages are made up

  10. #2580
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Leawood, Kansas
    Posts
    140
    I updated adobe flash and it fixed the problem.
    Compaq v6719 Athlon X2 tk-57
    Xenarc 7" Dash Install, iGuidance w/ iGPS 500
    HD Radio, Powermate, ShuttleXpress, XMDirect, DC/Auto turn on, Pioneer TS-C720PRS, 2 12" MTX BTE's, JL 500/1 and RBC

    94.3% of all percentages are made up

Similar Threads

  1. HD radio skin for LSX void 3 download
    By hugenius79 in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 01:24 PM
  2. LSX Void Error
    By TeamRSX in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-31-2007, 12:52 AM
  3. Lsx Void Error
    By michael2 in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 09:55 PM
  4. StreetDeck for a 1955 Buick
    By aforget in forum DigitalMods (Scripts / API)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-29-2007, 01:01 PM
  5. LSX Void FAQ
    By Cali in forum Wiki Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 07:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •