Thread: Lsx Void 3.0

  1. #2971
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bear, DE, USA
    Posts
    312
    First off, thanks to Liquid for this sublime yet powerful skin, and all the hard work that went into it.

    Second, I need to ask if someone can point me in the right direction: Since I use an offboard processor for audio, I'd like to customize the skin by eliminating the volume/att/opt controls from the main menu in favor of larger album art and maybe even more songs in the visible playlist. Anyone want to start me on the path?
    I have too much time and too little aggravation in my life, so I built a carPC. ;)

  2. #2972
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    14

    640 x 480

    Enforcer please help I have a lilliput 8 inch screen that will only display 640x480. all of the skins I try will be off center to the right of the screen. is there any way to center the skin in the middle of the screen?

  3. #2973
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,634
    Quote Originally Posted by daryldc1991 View Post
    Enforcer please help I have a lilliput 8 inch screen that will only display 640x480. all of the skins I try will be off center to the right of the screen. is there any way to center the skin in the middle of the screen?

    Huh?


    Why pick on me?


    try editing the general.ini of each skin you want to use.


    change

    Code:
    OriginalWidth=800
    OriginalHeight=600
    ShowWidth=800
    ShowHeight=600

    to

    Code:
    OriginalWidth=800
    OriginalHeight=600
    ShowWidth=640
    ShowHeight=480

  4. #2974
    Raw Wave treetop777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    War-Town, GA.
    Posts
    2,233
    Quote Originally Posted by hithere View Post
    First off, thanks to Liquid for this sublime yet powerful skin, and all the hard work that went into it.

    Second, I need to ask if someone can point me in the right direction: Since I use an offboard processor for audio, I'd like to customize the skin by eliminating the volume/att/opt controls from the main menu in favor of larger album art and maybe even more songs in the visible playlist. Anyone want to start me on the path?
    Shouldn't be too hard. I would use existing graphics like the PICS or GPS2 to build a custom menu.skin.

    Off the top of my head, i would start by making a working copy of VOID and then in menu.skin change the header to:

    GPS2_EMPTY.png,GPS2_OFF.png,GPS2_on.png (no spaces)

    then fire up the skin and see what you see; i'm sure it won't be pretty

    From there i would open it in SkinEditor and edit to my taste.

  5. #2975
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    14

    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    Huh?


    Why pick on me?


    try editing the general.ini of each skin you want to use.


    change

    Code:
    OriginalWidth=800
    OriginalHeight=600
    ShowWidth=800
    ShowHeight=600

    to

    Code:
    OriginalWidth=800
    OriginalHeight=600
    ShowWidth=640
    ShowHeight=480
    Thanks this did the trick

  6. #2976
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by treetop777 View Post
    Shouldn't be too hard. I would use existing graphics like the PICS or GPS2 to build a custom menu.skin.

    Off the top of my head, i would start by making a working copy of VOID and then in menu.skin change the header to:

    GPS2_EMPTY.png,GPS2_OFF.png,GPS2_on.png (no spaces)

    then fire up the skin and see what you see; i'm sure it won't be pretty

    From there i would open it in SkinEditor and edit to my taste.
    what do those four images in the top line specify? ive tried messing with them because im trying to shrink down the bottom of skin for the embedded applications by about 10 pixels as the program im using is 800x480 and NOT resizeable. any ideas?

  7. #2977
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    725
    i have a program embedded in the skin and if ANY transition is enabled, then the program loses focus when using any of the skin's control's such as volume or track changes. basically it flashes away real quick and the skin overrides it, and then the embedded program pops back up on top. this only happens on the third time returning to the embedded application (the first two times it does not flicker). however, if transitions are DISABLED, this does not happen at all. any ideas? i can post a video if you need clarification. thanks!

  8. #2978
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Another .png for you try!

    A littel bit more day visability...................but beginning to loose the "LSX feeling" again.........
    I definitely like the white border around the buttons. However, if you select a light colored background, it actually DECREASES the contrast of the text for the playlists, making the song names harder to read. They are still displayed in white and highlighted in red. I wonder if there is any way to change that? I stuck in your LSXcolors.txt file but it just made the speed reading green, which was also harder to read.

  9. #2979
    Raw Wave treetop777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    War-Town, GA.
    Posts
    2,233
    Quote Originally Posted by hari-bhari View Post
    what do those four images in the top line specify? ive tried messing with them because im trying to shrink down the bottom of skin for the embedded applications by about 10 pixels as the program im using is 800x480 and NOT resizeable. any ideas?
    Those are the graphics the .skin file calls when it loads, they have more to do with the effect when you hover the mouse over a button or the effect you get when you press a button.

    They can't adjust size. I have no idea how to do what you're after exept for making a graphic of the right size. Sorry.

  10. #2980
    Constant Bitrate Startingline13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    155
    Do any of you have a white bar on the bottom of your LSX void screen below the ATT and OPT buttons?

Similar Threads

  1. HD radio skin for LSX void 3 download
    By hugenius79 in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 02:24 PM
  2. LSX Void Error
    By TeamRSX in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-31-2007, 01:52 AM
  3. Lsx Void Error
    By michael2 in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 10:55 PM
  4. StreetDeck for a 1955 Buick
    By aforget in forum DigitalMods (Scripts / API)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-29-2007, 02:01 PM
  5. LSX Void FAQ
    By Cali in forum Wiki Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 08:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •