Page 82 of 318 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192132182 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 3172

Thread: Lsx Void 3.0

  1. #811
    Constant Bitrate symon_say's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    117
    i'll take number 2.

    Thanks
    Design [000000000-]90%
    Parts [000-------]30%
    Installation[----------]0%
    Integration[000-------]30%

  2. #812
    FLAC DodgeCummins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    DFW area
    Posts
    1,386
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid_smoke View Post
    Im not sure what could be your issue, nothing in the skin would cause your computer to reboot. I dont think RR adds anything to any of your system folders either. I dont use the installer and normally im running beta versions of RR so all my updates are drag and drop.

    Its very odd that running IG would stop your crashing. I cant think of anything related that would cause that.

    Have you tried loading a different skin like BMV2?

    Any odd info in debug.txt?

    The computer doesn't reboot. Windows says RR has done something wrong and is being shut down. The BMV2 skin does not crash. If I start IG immediately after starting RR then it does not crash.

    So something is being called up when the main window is open that is causing a crash...

  3. #813
    Low Bitrate Cali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    72

    it sure is quiet in here....
    Cali
    02 Corvette Z06
    CarPC: 8" Zenarc molded in dash, P3 1Ghz CPU in custom Amp/PC box. RoadRunner, IG3, XM, ODBC (HP Tuners), Cameras
    Pics/Videos

  4. #814
    SMKFree liquid_smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,842
    i thought i heard a puddy cat
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

    beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-faq/
    mp3car live search

    i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

  5. #815
    FLAC djmickyg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post

    it sure is quiet in here....


    Maybe it's the calm before the storm...

  6. #816
    SMKFree liquid_smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,842
    Quote Originally Posted by djmickyg View Post

    Maybe it's the calm before the storm...

    that would be an accurate description.
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

    beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

    i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

  7. #817
    Variable Bitrate CARLOS_CET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    303
    Bring on the storm!
    Car PC Progress

    (>>>>>>>>>>>>---) 90%


    "Don't speak about it, be about it"


  8. #818
    Constant Bitrate rigg419's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Posts
    135
    So, okay here's a couple of questions (probably good for the FAQ too).

    1. In my last carpc, I had gotten iguidance 2 to embed perfectly in lsx void. It would close when I pushed the close button (not just move to the background) and I didn't have the window outline.

    However, I can't remember how I did that. I've been trying different methods over the last few weeks to repeat my success but so far I haven't really been able to. iG opens and navigates fine, but I can't seem to get rid of the window border, and it won't actually close when I push the close button

    2. Also, the playlist saving feature has never really worked for me. I can create playlists, but every time I try and save it in one of the 5 slots, it saves the name but none of the songs in the list.

    Any help on those two would be greatly appreciated.

  9. #819
    SMKFree liquid_smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,842
    1. when you click close you want IG to close completely, exit?
    Do you have ignative=true or fals in RR.ini?

    From what it sounds like, it seems IG isnt embeded at all when u run it.

    A few things to check.

    In RRConfig under GPS
    GPS Mode is set to external
    GPS Path is C:\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance\iGuidanceUMPC.exe|nowarning
    GPS Window Name is iGuidance

    In RR.ini
    ignative=TRUE

    Inside the Skin
    Click and hold the NAVI button, choose IG3 or IG2 depending on what ver u have installed.

    also make sure you arent using any IG helper/launcher apps (like skinbedder etc) they are not needed anymore.


    2. Is your playlist path inside of your music path? (should be if not)
    Is the playlist file (m3U) completely empty? Have u checked its contents in notepad. How are u going about trying to reload the saved playlist slots? There are about 3 different ways.
    Some extra info on how u have RR setup, install path, rr.ini settings etc would help to trouble shoot.









    Quote Originally Posted by rigg419 View Post
    So, okay here's a couple of questions (probably good for the FAQ too).

    1. In my last carpc, I had gotten iguidance 2 to embed perfectly in lsx void. It would close when I pushed the close button (not just move to the background) and I didn't have the window outline.

    However, I can't remember how I did that. I've been trying different methods over the last few weeks to repeat my success but so far I haven't really been able to. iG opens and navigates fine, but I can't seem to get rid of the window border, and it won't actually close when I push the close button

    2. Also, the playlist saving feature has never really worked for me. I can create playlists, but every time I try and save it in one of the 5 slots, it saves the name but none of the songs in the list.

    Any help on those two would be greatly appreciated.
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

    beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

    i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

  10. #820
    Constant Bitrate rigg419's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid_smoke View Post
    1. when you click close you want IG to close completely, exit?
    Do you have ignative=true or fals in RR.ini?

    From what it sounds like, it seems IG isnt embeded at all when u run it.

    A few things to check.

    In RRConfig under GPS
    GPS Mode is set to external
    GPS Path is C:\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance\iGuidanceUMPC.exe|nowarning
    GPS Window Name is iGuidance

    In RR.ini
    ignative=TRUE

    Inside the Skin
    Click and hold the NAVI button, choose IG3 or IG2 depending on what ver u have installed.

    also make sure you arent using any IG helper/launcher apps (like skinbedder etc) they are not needed anymore.
    I have all the above set the way you mention, except I don't have the =true set in rr.ini. That's probably important eh? LOL

    I don't necessarily want it to close so much as when I leve the nav screen and come back to it later, I want the same screen to pop up. Right now, what happens is a new ig.exe loads every time I hit the IG button, which sucks cause the new instance of iG doesn't talk to the gps receiver, and it's wasting resources.

    I am using iGmon or whatever the all in one iG app is. I guess I should uninstall that then, cause it seems that you're saying I don't have to do anything to embed it, it should just work. Am I reading that right?

    I have iG version 2.1.3 (or something like that), so mine doesn't say UMPC, it just says iguidance.exe|nowarning, which works fine in the sense that I don't get the warning on startup

    EDIT: I added the line ignative=TRUE to my rr.ini, and I changed the gpsname to iGuidance (I don't know if that matters) and now everything works perfect. iG opens without the window border (embedded) and fully closes when I push the close button. Amazing, thanks LS. The GPS was driving me crazy the other day when I drove up to LA.

    It's weird how entering those few words of text in the .ini can make such a huge difference



    Quote Originally Posted by liquid_smoke View Post
    2. Is your playlist path inside of your music path? (should be if not)
    Is the playlist file (m3U) completely empty? Have u checked its contents in notepad. How are u going about trying to reload the saved playlist slots? There are about 3 different ways.
    Some extra info on how u have RR setup, install path, rr.ini settings etc would help to trouble shoot.
    Umm, I don't really know. There are two ways I've tried to save a playlist.

    First one is I'll create a playlist on the fly from my library. Maybe an album, maybe a compilation, maybe my whole my music folder. Then, I try to save that playlist by pushing and holding the 1-5 playlist button. I then get the dialogue asking me which slot I want to save it in. No matter which one I pick, it doesn't save. It will save the name of the playlist, but then it will be empty.

    The other way I've tried is to go into the playlist "manager" (I'm not sure of the name, maybe it's more of a playlist chooser) from the audio screen. I create a playlist on the fly and try to save it there. It seems to save, but when I go back in and try to load it, it's empty.

    My setup is pretty standard. I'm running the latest version of both rr and void, everything was setup and saved to the default location(s). "My Music" is the music folder, I'm using winamp version 5.11, with everything default (except I'm using classic skin instead of modern). If it matters, I use EZsync to keep my music updated, and it's installed to the default C:Ezsync.

    Sorry, but how do I know where my playlist path is located. I didn't even know there was a path for it. I guess I assumed the skin was just saving a playlist in winamp. There is a folder in "My Music" called "my playlists" which I don't think I created, but it seems to be empty.

    On my lunch, I can go out to my car and check any setting in the rr.ini, but for the most part I can't think of anything I changed in there from the default.

Similar Threads

  1. HD radio skin for LSX void 3 download
    By hugenius79 in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 01:24 PM
  2. LSX Void Error
    By TeamRSX in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-31-2007, 12:52 AM
  3. Lsx Void Error
    By michael2 in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 09:55 PM
  4. StreetDeck for a 1955 Buick
    By aforget in forum DigitalMods (Scripts / API)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-29-2007, 01:01 PM
  5. LSX Void FAQ
    By Cali in forum Wiki Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 07:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •