View Poll Results: What GPS Program do you use?

Voters
1065. You may not vote on this poll
  • iGuidance

    607 57.00%
  • MapPoint

    56 5.26%
  • Destinator

    185 17.37%
  • Streets & Trips

    90 8.45%
  • Other

    127 11.92%

Thread: Digital FX 2.0 Transparent Released

  1. #1101
    Constant Bitrate Bump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Chambersburg, PA
    Posts
    172
    Thanks John

    Look great.

    You are the MAN!!!!!


  2. #1102
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,691
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jjnit View Post
    Hmm - been on the road out of town and found a few more things that might smooth out this skin. Not that it needs it

    Guess I owe more to your beer fund too - my first round was probably barely enough to get you a buzz lol...

    OK:
    Radio skin:
    #1 - The mute button acts wierd. It works, but the muted up-state looks like the unmuted up-state. Rollover/down states are correct, but as you can see in the attached image, (it's currently muted) I can't tell it's muted.
    #2, #3 - Anyway to make one of the 2 ways to change channels a page up/dn instead? See diagram - maybe make #2 the page up/dn and #3 leave as channel up/dn?
    That was just some coding errors on my part, sorry. All fixed now. Till the next release, download the attatchment, unzip, and put in the DigitalFX skin folder. Let me know if this clears up the problems, as I dont have a radio here to test with.
    Here is a snapshot of the image displayed when no album art is available now:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

  3. #1103
    Low Bitrate jjnit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWPB View Post
    That was just some coding errors on my part, sorry. All fixed now. Till the next release, download the attatchment, unzip, and put in the DigitalFX skin folder. Let me know if this clears up the problems, as I dont have a radio here to test with.
    Here is a snapshot of the image displayed when no album art is available now:
    Wow that was fast...

    Visually, the patch works, functionally, it's not...

    Appears to have broken the menu (hard to explain). I can click the up/dn buttons, the pgup/pgdn buttons, and individual channels, and the black bar indicator moves, and the "friendly name" changes, but that's it. It's stuck in AM also - despite me clicking on the button to change it.

    I'd buy you a silabs fm usb adapter but they're somewhat of a pain at this point to get integrated into a car where it's worth using...
    Name:  snapshot2.png
Views: 430
Size:  112.4 KB

  4. #1104
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,691
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jjnit View Post
    Wow that was fast...

    Visually, the patch works, functionally, it's not...

    Appears to have broken the menu (hard to explain). I can click the up/dn buttons, the pgup/pgdn buttons, and individual channels, and the black bar indicator moves, and the "friendly name" changes, but that's it. It's stuck in AM also - despite me clicking on the button to change it.

    I'd buy you a silabs fm usb adapter but they're somewhat of a pain at this point to get integrated into a car where it's worth using...
    Name:  snapshot2.png
Views: 430
Size:  112.4 KB
    I am not sure what you mean that the "black bar indicator moves". This was originally set up for the RadioShark, and other native RR radio's. In the skin commands.text file I see no mention of how to switch between AM/FM. The code I am using on that button is "RADIOBAND" and was a new button code added into the RR.exe to support the RadioShark.
    I have been wanting to get a Silab's actually, as I would like the RDS support that the RadioShark lacks. I will dig around the SIlabs thread and see if I can find something. I didn't even know that the Silabs supported AM. I thought that was one of it's drawbacks.

    (I sent you a PM telling you to message me on MSN, Yahoo or AOL... It's 12:20 AM EST here, and I will be awake till at least 3:00 or so)
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

  5. #1105
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Croydon UK
    Posts
    118

    Road Runner Locking up with skin update

    not sure whats going on,worked fine with last update, not with your recent update road runner runs skin loads after a few touches of buttons it locks up,
    i thought it might be certain buttons but thats not the case.

    after a bit of playing i found its to do with the gps everything worked on old skin,now when i load AR2007 the skin buttons freeze and task manager says rr not responding.

  6. #1106
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,618
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWPB View Post
    but if you do not know what state you are in, you shouldn't be behind the wheel in the first place

    .

    Hmm, new hardware plugin, sobriety status, blow into a tube and it will detect levels of intoxication (both alcohol and drugs) and then out a state

    Sober -- Merry -- Drunk -- ****ed as a newt.

    Ok -- Slightly stoned -- stoned -- drugged up to the eyeballs

  7. #1107
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,691
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Capri28 View Post
    not sure whats going on,worked fine with last update, not with your recent update road runner runs skin loads after a few touches of buttons it locks up,
    i thought it might be certain buttons but thats not the case.

    after a bit of playing i found its to do with the gps everything worked on old skin,now when i load AR2007 the skin buttons freeze and task manager says rr not responding.
    Hmmm I am not sure what the problem could be. What is "AR2007"?

    Is anyone else having this problem?
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

  8. #1108

  9. #1109
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,691
    Blog Entries
    1
    Ahhhh thats probably it, sorry. I have never used Auto Route, so I am not sure what could be the issue there. If there are any more details you can provide, I can try to determine whats causing it.

    Enforcer: Left a message for you in your forum in the Auto Lock thread.
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

  10. #1110

Similar Threads

  1. For those who want true 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS
    By antimatter in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 11:54 AM
  2. Artec T14A Mini USB 2.0 Digital HD TV Tuner
    By LESLIEx317537 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2006, 12:02 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •