View Poll Results: What GPS Program do you use?

Voters
1065. You may not vote on this poll
  • iGuidance

    607 57.00%
  • MapPoint

    56 5.26%
  • Destinator

    185 17.37%
  • Streets & Trips

    90 8.45%
  • Other

    127 11.92%
Page 18 of 376 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 3760

Thread: Digital FX 2.0 Transparent Released

  1. #171
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,585
    Auotswitching when a certain time is reached is all very well, but what we (I) really need is something that detects it's on the wrong skin and then switches, unless of course you have manually switched away from the designated day or night skin. Because most of the time the time to switch will have happened whilst hibernated.

  2. #172
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,700
    Blog Entries
    1
    I will have to look in the RR commands and such. I may be able to do some sort of If/then/else statement to fire ONSKINSTART. If nothing else, I could probably create a VBscript/AutoIt Script to handle it.

    This way, when RR returns from hibernate/ is bootoed up, it would look at the time in the rr.ini and compare it to the current time when the skin starts, and force the switch, IF it is set to auto switch in the rr.ini as well.

    If RR was running at the time that is set in the rr.ini, it would handle the switch at the time you have set in there on its own.
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

  3. #173
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sabattus, ME
    Posts
    222
    Hows the Downloading going folks? i am currently getting pounded right now by these downloads . i am going to need to setup another server i think hehe.
    CarPuter: 900Mhz P3 with 256 MB Mem, 160 Gig HD (Thanks kbreeden), Iguidance 3.0 GPS, Logitech PS2 keyboard, Bluetooth, WIFI.
    Powered By Road Runner & DigitalFX Skin and Playlist Conveter

  4. #174
    Constant Bitrate jeffreyd_tx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWPB View Post
    I will have to look in the RR commands and such. I may be able to do some sort of If/then/else statement to fire ONSKINSTART. If nothing else, I could probably create a VBscript/AutoIt Script to handle it.

    This way, when RR returns from hibernate/ is bootoed up, it would look at the time in the rr.ini and compare it to the current time when the skin starts, and force the switch, IF it is set to auto switch in the rr.ini as well.

    If RR was running at the time that is set in the rr.ini, it would handle the switch at the time you have set in there on its own.
    I will be keeping an eye out for this. Hopefully you make progress on this. I think it will benefit the community!

  5. #175
    Low Bitrate wishbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    80
    Great skin! A couple of comments..

    Iguidance 3.0 - The vbs scripts and the skin files all have hardcoded directories in them. I don't use the RR installer so my RR directory isn't called "Road Runner". I believe it's possible to use relative directories here instead of absolute? It's not a huge deal, but there's a lot of files I'll have to change. I didn't use the auto installer, does the auto installer massage all these script files to change the directories?
    I'm having a bit of trouble with the "POI" button displaying correctly also, but I haven't finished digging through all the files to see if I have more directories I need to change so I may be missing something.

    I had a lot of problems with the spectrum analyzer visualization. This probably isn't a digital FX issue, but it likes to try and display in the right spot and then it shifts over to the right and displays over the buttons. I followed all of your instructions down to uninstalling and installing the exact version of winamp you suggest. Sometimes it will display correctly, but that's about 1 in 10.

    I would really love a minimal IG skin. Something with nothing more than a back button. Just personal preference here, but I like more realestate for the map and less for shortcut buttons when I really need to examine the map. For navigation this is less important of course, but sometimes it's nice to be able to fully expand the map.

    Would it be difficult to move over to MBM instead of the speedfan software? I think MBM is a lot more commonly used than speedfan, but that may just be my perception.

    Another personal preference is volume. I like to see the volume setting on every skin. Sometimes this isn't possible, but it's one of those features you find yourself using a lot.

    GPS speedo is whacky, but you already know that =)

    Other than that, I really like the skin. It feels very complete, thanks for all the hard work on this one!
    Opus ITX Vehicle PC Case, VIA EPIA MII12000 Mini-ITX Mainboard, Xenarc 700TSV touchscreen

  6. #176
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    91

    Freedrive setup

    Hi, love the new skin. As I am from australia the only option I have is to use freedrive as we need to use destinator Maps.

    How do I set up to use FreeDrive so that it does not load the Iguidence buttons.

    Cheers Glynn

  7. #177
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,700
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
    Great skin! A couple of comments..

    Iguidance 3.0 - The vbs scripts and the skin files all have hardcoded directories in them. I don't use the RR installer so my RR directory isn't called "Road Runner". I believe it's possible to use relative directories here instead of absolute? It's not a huge deal, but there's a lot of files I'll have to change. I didn't use the auto installer, does the auto installer massage all these script files to change the directories?
    I'm having a bit of trouble with the "POI" button displaying correctly also, but I haven't finished digging through all the files to see if I have more directories I need to change so I may be missing something.

    I had a lot of problems with the spectrum analyzer visualization. This probably isn't a digital FX issue, but it likes to try and display in the right spot and then it shifts over to the right and displays over the buttons. I followed all of your instructions down to uninstalling and installing the exact version of winamp you suggest. Sometimes it will display correctly, but that's about 1 in 10.

    I would really love a minimal IG skin. Something with nothing more than a back button. Just personal preference here, but I like more realestate for the map and less for shortcut buttons when I really need to examine the map. For navigation this is less important of course, but sometimes it's nice to be able to fully expand the map.

    Would it be difficult to move over to MBM instead of the speedfan software? I think MBM is a lot more commonly used than speedfan, but that may just be my perception.

    Another personal preference is volume. I like to see the volume setting on every skin. Sometimes this isn't possible, but it's one of those features you find yourself using a lot.

    GPS speedo is whacky, but you already know that =)

    Other than that, I really like the skin. It feels very complete, thanks for all the hard work on this one!
    I agree with the hard coded directories. When I first started using AutoIt to do s few simple scripts, It was the only way I knew how to do it. I will see about putting an .ini file in the scrpts directory, that all of the scripts will use to get the correct path.

    The spectrum analyzer is definitely finicky! I had to completely remove Winamp myself, and reinstall it to get it to work again. I am unsure where the actual problem is, so it's hard for me to create some sort of workaround.

    I'm not really sure what you mean by the POI button not displaying correctly. Can you elaborate on it a bit?

    As for iGuidance full screen, I was chatting with LiquidSmoke the other night, and he showed me a way to do just that. Have a FULL SCREEN iGuidance screen, with a single overlayed button in the top right to get back out of the screen to RR. I plan on adding this in to the skin soon.

    Ok maybe I am just being stupid here, but does anyone know what "FLAC" is? My user level on the forums just went from "Maximum Bitrate" to "FLAC".
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

  8. #178
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWPB View Post
    Ok maybe I am just being stupid here, but does anyone know what "FLAC" is? My user level on the forums just went from "Maximum Bitrate" to "FLAC".
    FLAC is Free Lossless Audio Compression...it's a compressed audio format that is suppossedly lossles, usually about 25% compression compared to WAV which isn't as good as MP3 at 320kBPS, but lots of people use it to 'archive' their CD's

    Enjoy!
    Rich

  9. #179
    zap
    zap is offline
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Wichita, Kansas
    Posts
    17
    John,

    under the weather button 1 and 5day forecast works fine.
    When I go to either the Temp/Radar/Sat buttons, it brings up old maps dated jan 4.
    is there something I need to configure for this part to work ?

    -Zap

  10. #180
    zap
    zap is offline
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Wichita, Kansas
    Posts
    17
    Never mind, found the answer should have read the chm file first.

    -Zap

Similar Threads

  1. For those who want true 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS
    By antimatter in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 11:54 AM
  2. Artec T14A Mini USB 2.0 Digital HD TV Tuner
    By LESLIEx317537 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2006, 12:02 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •