View Poll Results: What GPS Program do you use?

Voters
1065. You may not vote on this poll
  • iGuidance

    607 57.00%
  • MapPoint

    56 5.26%
  • Destinator

    185 17.37%
  • Streets & Trips

    90 8.45%
  • Other

    127 11.92%
Page 2 of 376 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 3760

Thread: Digital FX 2.0 Transparent Released

  1. #11
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,789
    Quote Originally Posted by nasa View Post

    One problem though, I tried to switch logos (installed skin via the install script) and no logo's are listed under the change logo screen (it just shows the up directory option).



    Nasa
    I'll save John a post on this. You need to go into rrconfig, click the music tab, and under Audio File Types add ".exe" (no quotes) as a file type. I know it doesn't make sense, but it's required.

  2. #12
    Constant Bitrate Volsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kingsport, TN
    Posts
    112
    Awesome!




    And everything seems to be working flawlessly
    Tennessee Vols Fan

  3. #13
    Maximum Bitrate nasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    696
    kbreeden,

    Thanks

    Nasa

  4. #14
    Constant Bitrate DeadlyAP1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    207
    John, I am trying to install using the auto installer, but I keep getting a error like this in a box:

    error: file not found
    code: 800a0035
    sourceL Microsoft VBScript runtime error

    I tried re-downloading everything and starting over, but no good. Any suggestions or will I be forced to do manual install? Thanks

    Jeff

  5. #15
    Constant Bitrate morris_the_cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    210
    It is beautiful! Good work man!

    I found that I couldn't get the playlist to save. Also, when the mp3's are embedded with art, switching between the player, brower & visualization didn't properly update the art. Often time art was shown from the previous song.
    2001 PT Cuiser
    VoomPC with 1.5Ghz C7
    M2 power supply
    in dash slim tray dvd drive
    DWW-750FM c/w 7" USB touchscreen,AM/FM, 4x45W amp
    See my install here

  6. #16
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11
    Love the skin, thanks so much for making it sharing it with everyone.

    Unfortunately I have to use the digital clock because my system freezes up with the analog clock, but is there any way to use the digitial clock and the compass? I really like the compass...

    Also, I am experiencing an issue with iGuidance. I also had this issue with Blue Devil skin though, but never mentioned it. When in GPS mode, the skin button that looks like an arrow, will bring up the screen in the skin with large buttons for atm, restaraunts, address, etc, but when I push any of those said buttons, it only brings me to the regular iguidance menu, not the specific menu (for atm or whatever I push). I forget what iguidance version I have, 2.xx something.

    Only other issue I've noticed is that whenever roadrunner starts the date and time gets changed to something else, no matter what my pc date/time is set to. Even when I set the date/time back to normal, RR overrides it. Don't know if it has anything to do with the skin or RR, it might be my system, but I never noticed it before using this new skin.

    Thanks again!!!!

  7. #17
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,723
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAP1 View Post
    John, I am trying to install using the auto installer, but I keep getting a error like this in a box:

    error: file not found
    code: 800a0035
    sourceL Microsoft VBScript runtime error

    I tried re-downloading everything and starting over, but no good. Any suggestions or will I be forced to do manual install? Thanks
    Jeff
    Wow, that is a pretty vague error message, leave it to MS! Does the error happen to give a line number or any other information than that?

    I am thinking it is not actually a file missing in the installer, as this has not been reported when installed on other users computers. It could possibly be some of your VBRuntime files are out of date, that are needed to execute the VBScript.

    I am not sure but downloading the updated runtime files HERE from Microsoft may help.


    Quote Originally Posted by morris_the_cat View Post
    It is beautiful! Good work man!

    I found that I couldn't get the playlist to save. Also, when the mp3's are embedded with art, switching between the player, brower & visualization didn't properly update the art. Often time art was shown from the previous song.
    Could you explain a little more on what is happening with the playlists? Is the OSK not coming up, are the the songs in the current playlist just not saving correctly ect...

    As for the images, RR has an issue itself keeping it's images up to date, and getting them confused with other things, for instance you can go to the Satellite player, and sometimes before a station is picked, the album art from the music dir will sometimes show up.

    Also, on the browser screen, the image displayed will always match the item selected in the list, and not necessarily what is playing at the time.
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

  8. #18
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,723
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by KyACRASH View Post
    Love the skin, thanks so much for making it sharing it with everyone.

    Unfortunately I have to use the digital clock because my system freezes up with the analog clock, but is there any way to use the digitial clock and the compass? I really like the compass...

    Also, I am experiencing an issue with iGuidance. I also had this issue with Blue Devil skin though, but never mentioned it. When in GPS mode, the skin button that looks like an arrow, will bring up the screen in the skin with large buttons for atm, restaraunts, address, etc, but when I push any of those said buttons, it only brings me to the regular iguidance menu, not the specific menu (for atm or whatever I push). I forget what iguidance version I have, 2.xx something.

    Only other issue I've noticed is that whenever roadrunner starts the date and time gets changed to something else, no matter what my pc date/time is set to. Even when I set the date/time back to normal, RR overrides it. Don't know if it has anything to do with the skin or RR, it might be my system, but I never noticed it before using this new skin.

    Thanks again!!!!
    The compass is also Flash, and thats why it is not included on the Digital clock screen. If the clock is slowing your system down, unfortunately the compass will probably have the same effect.

    As for iGuidance, I am sorry to report that they scripts were made to work with iGuidance 3.0. The menu structures are different than 2.0 and unfortunately will not work. I do not have 2.x here to install to create the correct scripts for it.
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

  9. #19
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,789
    I found that I couldn't get the playlist to save.
    I'm assuming you have created a folder to contain playlists and have pointed to that folder in RRConfig.

    If you have done so and it's still not working you should go to RRConfig, hit the music tab and add ".m3u" (no quotes) to the audio file types. Then exit and restart RR and try to save another playlist. Please let us know if that does the trick.

  10. #20
    Super Moderator
    Auto Apps:loading...
    JohnWPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,723
    Blog Entries
    1

    Saving Playlists

    Quote Originally Posted by morris_the_cat View Post
    I found that I couldn't get the playlist to save.
    Kbreeden, thanks! That reminds me of something else concerning this with the Playlist path. Check the Help file under How Do I save Playlists. There are detailed instructions in there on how to get it all working. There is a bug in the RR.config utility that will not save the path, even if you put it in there.


    There is SUPPOSEDLY about a new feature in an upcoming Road Runner, (Heard it through the grapevine, and waiting to hear back from Guino to confirm/deny it) that will allows additional INI settings to be saved in the Skin folder itself. I wait patiently for that day, as then I can add all the stuff in to make the skin work correctly "out of the box" so to speak.
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

    My Fiero Build Thread

Similar Threads

  1. For those who want true 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS
    By antimatter in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 12:54 PM
  2. Artec T14A Mini USB 2.0 Digital HD TV Tuner
    By LESLIEx317537 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2006, 01:02 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •