View Poll Results: What GPS Program do you use?

Voters
1065. You may not vote on this poll
  • iGuidance

    607 57.00%
  • MapPoint

    56 5.26%
  • Destinator

    185 17.37%
  • Streets & Trips

    90 8.45%
  • Other

    127 11.92%

Thread: Digital FX 2.0 Transparent Released

  1. #2821
    THE EXPERIMENTER
    Auto Apps:loading...
    carputer1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    UK,Surrey
    Posts
    1,979

    igscripts

    Quote Originally Posted by meisner View Post
    In the DFX 2.5 help file, under Installation, it is mentioned the iGScripts folder must be copied to the rr root folder. Is this still true with the later versions? I ask because I never noticed this before and have never done it.

    from the help file:
    "Copy the IGScripts folder to the root of the Road Runner folder.

    EA: c:\program files\Road Runner\iGScripts"

    ...or is this only for manunal installation? I did the automated install, but I don't have an iGScripts folder under rr.
    from what i can tell from the skin files it stays in your skin folder
    Riderunner / Genesis
    Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
    New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
    Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
    Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
    Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

    Every Future, Needs A Beginning

  2. #2822
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    18

    new install file?

    i've been having problems trying to install the skin. i tried to d/l it on two separate computers, my desktop and carputer, without any anti virus installed. still it keeps giving me an "error 11FD", even on different computers.

    anyone has a working install file, which has no installation problems? i'd really appreciate it. if it works for me, i'd love to donate to the skin creator!






  3. #2823
    Constant Bitrate the_crooked_toe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by carputer1 View Post
    i have been looking at this, i have set a few pic's at different sizes and so on,
    all my pics'show up , with different effects to imageviewer, ie. slows down,double press buttons,slide show on some occassions did'nt run,

    most of my pics are are about 25 -35 k in size and in different res's
    so yes there is problems there. but as this is an exterenal plugin and not what john made,its not something that is going to be sorted out i don't think.
    sorry to keep bringing this up. If you are within the skin and you use the keyboard (pressing n or p) the pictures change with no hiccups, delays, or multiple touches. When you use the skin's next or previous button, then you start getting errors. so really it seems like there is an error either with the skin controls, or the program is buggy.

  4. #2824
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by carputer1 View Post
    did'nt explain right. comment the line in exectbl.ini again as before.
    the line i posted in last post put that in your menu skin

    so comment this line again

    "GPS","LOAD;StreetsTrips.skin||RUN;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Streets and Trips\Streets.exe;Map - Microsoft Streets & Trips"

    and put this line in the menu skin


    "GPS","LOAD;StreetsTrips.skin"
    Thanks for the help.
    I followed the step. still not work. here what I did and the files I have changed.
    1-select exectbl.ini located in skin folder of DF
    2-remove the forward slash from this line
    Before remove forward slash
    /Streets & Trips
    /Uncomment the following line by removing the forward slash to make Streets & Tips the GPS Default program
    /"GPS","LOAD;StreetsTrips.skin||RUN;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Streets and Trips\Streets.exe;Map - Microsoft Streets & Trips"
    After remove forward slash
    /Streets & Trips
    /Uncomment the following line by removing the forward slash to make Streets & Tips the GPS Default program
    "GPS","LOAD;StreetsTrips.skin||RUN;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Streets and Trips\Streets.exe;Map - Microsoft Streets & Trips"
    3-Located the file Menu.skin within DF folder and I paste this line "GPS","LOAD;StreetsTrips.skin"
    in there before the word END.
    please let me know what else I did wrong or need to be change.
    Thansk for the help

    Anchim

  5. #2825
    THE EXPERIMENTER
    Auto Apps:loading...
    carputer1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    UK,Surrey
    Posts
    1,979

    the only thing

    Quote Originally Posted by the_crooked_toe View Post
    sorry to keep bringing this up. If you are within the skin and you use the keyboard (pressing n or p) the pictures change with no hiccups, delays, or multiple touches. When you use the skin's next or previous button, then you start getting errors. so really it seems like there is an error either with the skin controls, or the program is buggy.
    i can come up with at the moment is the sendkey commands are a bit slow to responed, i'll have a play again when i finish work.
    Riderunner / Genesis
    Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
    New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
    Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
    Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
    Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

    Every Future, Needs A Beginning

  6. #2826
    THE EXPERIMENTER
    Auto Apps:loading...
    carputer1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    UK,Surrey
    Posts
    1,979

    ok i'll

    Quote Originally Posted by anchim View Post
    Thanks for the help.
    I followed the step. still not work. here what I did and the files I have changed.
    1-select exectbl.ini located in skin folder of DF
    2-remove the forward slash from this line
    Before remove forward slash
    /Streets & Trips
    /Uncomment the following line by removing the forward slash to make Streets & Tips the GPS Default program
    /"GPS","LOAD;StreetsTrips.skin||RUN;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Streets and Trips\Streets.exe;Map - Microsoft Streets & Trips"
    After remove forward slash
    /Streets & Trips
    /Uncomment the following line by removing the forward slash to make Streets & Tips the GPS Default program
    "GPS","LOAD;StreetsTrips.skin||RUN;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Streets and Trips\Streets.exe;Map - Microsoft Streets & Trips"
    3-Located the file Menu.skin within DF folder and I paste this line "GPS","LOAD;StreetsTrips.skin"
    in there before the word END.
    please let me know what else I did wrong or need to be change.
    Thansk for the help

    Anchim

    , can you post you rr.ini ,exectble.ini and your menu skin file so i can make sure thats right,
    Riderunner / Genesis
    Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
    New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
    Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
    Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
    Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

    Every Future, Needs A Beginning

  7. #2827
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    56
    Thanks for taking your time to help me.

  8. #2828
    THE EXPERIMENTER
    Auto Apps:loading...
    carputer1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    UK,Surrey
    Posts
    1,979

    right make the changes

    RR.ini

    gpspath=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Streets & Trips\Streets.exe
    gpsname=Map - Microsoft Streets & Trips

    ExecTBL.ini from DF folder
    / DigitalFX Skin Custom Commands

    /Streets & Trips
    /Uncomment the following line by removing the forward slash to make Streets & Tips the GPS Default program
    "GPS","LOAD;StreetsTrips.skin||RUN;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Streets and Trips\Streets.exe;Map - Microsoft Streets & Trips"

    Menu.skin

    B06,559,261,240,83,"GPS"Change
    "GPS","LOAD;StreetsTrips.skin"Remove

    do me a favor edit your last post and delete the files you posted , just makes it 1 hell of a post cheers mate
    Riderunner / Genesis
    Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
    New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
    Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
    Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
    Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

    Every Future, Needs A Beginning

  9. #2829
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by carputer1 View Post
    RR.ini

    gpspath=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Streets & Trips\Streets.exe
    gpsname=Map - Microsoft Streets & Trips

    ExecTBL.ini from DF folder
    / DigitalFX Skin Custom Commands

    /Streets & Trips
    /Uncomment the following line by removing the forward slash to make Streets & Tips the GPS Default program
    "GPS","LOAD;StreetsTrips.skin||RUN;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Streets and Trips\Streets.exe;Map - Microsoft Streets & Trips"

    Menu.skin

    B06,559,261,240,83,"GPS"Change
    "GPS","LOAD;StreetsTrips.skin"Remove

    do me a favor edit your last post and delete the files you posted , just makes it 1 hell of a post cheers mate
    Okay, I got it to work follow your instruction, but I accidentally closed the S&S app and now only S&S skin shown up, not S&S. If I manually open S&S then it ok. What's next?
    Sorry to bother you so much. your help is very appreciated.
    Thanks

    Anchim

  10. #2830
    THE EXPERIMENTER
    Auto Apps:loading...
    carputer1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    UK,Surrey
    Posts
    1,979

    i take it

    Quote Originally Posted by anchim View Post
    Okay, I got it to work follow your instruction, but I accidentally closed the S&S app and now only S&S skin shown up, not S&S. If I manually open S&S then it ok. What's next?
    Sorry to bother you so much. your help is very appreciated.
    Thanks

    Anchim
    after you closed S&T you went back to main menu and pressd the gps button again, to see if it restarted it.
    on another tip for S&T spoon feeding time have a look here this may give you some ideas http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/road...2006-skin.html

    Streets 07 GPS enable via skin command?
    Riderunner / Genesis
    Plugin Breaker in test BassRR Plugin Player, Wifiman_NET
    New Home for Genesis & BassRR :adding to site ,, Hellfyre night
    Bassrr Beta Release :Version 1.3.7
    Movie_info Release :Version 3.1.0
    Wifiman_NET:Version 1.0.0

    Every Future, Needs A Beginning

Similar Threads

  1. For those who want true 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS
    By antimatter in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 12:54 PM
  2. Artec T14A Mini USB 2.0 Digital HD TV Tuner
    By LESLIEx317537 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2006, 01:02 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •