DigitalFX 3.0 beta testing is under way. If you are beta testing, HERE is a link to the reported issues and fixes thus far.
The Latest Beta release with all the fixes mentioned on that page above is 12/13/07 2:45AM Eastern Time
Ok folks! The DigitalFX 2.0 Skin is FINALLY complete! It is the very first fully transparent skin for Road Runner to take advantage of the new GDI support that Guino put into Road Runner.
Here is a demo of a few features in the skin: (Sorry, the audio gets further and further out of sync as the video plays.)
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUBdMU7F1SQ[/media]This skin can literally be any color that you would like it to be. You can use a solid color, wallpaper, family photo, picture of your car, whatever you want to define the look and color of the skin. When you are selecting a color / image in the skin, a preview shows, just click the change button. You do not need to restart RR to see the changes take effect.
You can Download the latest version at JohnWPB.com
If you feel you want to contribute, Donations are greatly appreciated.
Many MANY thanks to the people who have made donations, it is VERY much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!:
kbreeden(x3), Dave, AfterDigital(x2), Arnis, K&M, SteveC, DeadlyAP1(x2) , Jarred(x2), Damien, jmciver, swwesq, Volsfan(x2 + a Fusion Brain!) ,klundy(x2),Dan, Jarred(x2), jjnit, Tabamoura, Abertano, Nasa, sentiensx Treetop777, Grahm, gkapog, Felix509, Mtnet2000, Smitty0881, INH, TechsatHome, swwesq che420H, chgrec, barnyard, TimmyM, Carputer1, KShoes, cherrybomb, sprungjeep, ckny & spongerd82, Jarred, DaveDog(HD Radio Donation!), ToNNo, digeratix, LookAtTheCat,wingnut75,Charly, vicky_obee, Ralphie, Esko, gla502, morpheus2010, japeeler, devin98 and kegbus
Sorry, from PayPal, I do not know some of your screen names on the forums, if you want me to replace your name with you screen name on the forums, just drop me a PM.....
2.5 Additions & Fixes 09/08/2007
The skin has support for the following, and included the following skins:
- Updated Reverse Camera Skin to use a new Plugin that is faster and more full featured. Supports Mirrored image, Flipped image as well as recording capability. (MANY thanks to inh for creating this plugin!)
- When using iGuidance, DigitalFX will remember the last GPS screen orientation used when returning to the screen, or when restarting Road Runner.
- Updated the Traffic Cam Viewer to the latest version with a new International database. (Many Thanks to Enforcer for a great plugin!) (You will have to download and install the Plugin, as Enforcer has asked that I not include his plugin with the skin)
- Fixed the Mixer screen to display properly with the .png graphics
- Added indicators to the Mixer screen to remember and show what EQ setting is currently in use
- Added a "Thumb-wheel" browsing method for the Browser and Playlists. Spin your finger in a circle on the album cover in the bottom right to see what I mean... your gonna love this one!
- Stomped out a bug! The status of the Auto Pausing of the music when iGuidance indicator was not being maintained when Road Runner was reloaded.
- Added a Calendar using Rainlender. Download and install Rainlender HERE to use the calendar.
- Added a few more backgrounds to choose from to change the look of the skin.
- Rearranged the buttons on the Audio Player & Playlist screens, to keep the buttons in the bottom row in the same place as on other screens. This just cant be done on the Browser skin, deu to the space needed for the directory listing, and only having room for 2 columns of buttons on the right side of the screen.
- The DigitalFX Skin will no longer remove the weather and XM icons when it is uninstalled. If you prefer the older icons, check in the weather/xm folders and copy the files from the "Original" subfolders to the root folder where they were automatically backed up when the DigitalFX skin was installed.
- Added the XM Favorites PNG's in the "Helper Files" folder in the DigitalFX skin folder, so they can easily be customized.
- Added a Vehicle Maintenance Skin. Just tap on the text area, and the OSK/NumOSK will open to enter the value. The next mileage is calculated automatically, and information is saved to the skin.ini
- Added an Advanced Wireless Network manager. It is completely touch screen friendly! (MANY thanks to EL CAMINO for his work on this script!)
- Updated some Icons throughout the skin with some nicer looking icons.
- Created a new "Search" skin, when the "Library Search" button is pressed on the browser screen. This skin gives you options for the type of search that you would like to do.
- Added new Buttons to the iGuidance skin to: Save your current Location & to bring up the Trip Meter. ("Menu" & "Repeat command" buttons were replaced with these, as both functions can be called by tapping on locations on the iGuidance Map Window already)
- Added GPS Gas, and Mileage buttons to the "Programs Skin". (Mileage will be working in the next release)
- Outdated weather maps should now be a thing of the past (If you have an Internet connection). I have completely re-worked the scripts and .swf conversion process. When you go to the weather screen, you will see an indicator scrolling above the Temp, Sat & Radar buttons telling you that the maps are loading in the background. When this text disappears, the maps are then ready to view.
- When you search for a song using the library search, you can highlight a song in the list of results, and click the "Play Album" button, to play all of the songs, in the original album order.
- Added the Mileage Plugin (This may still be a bit buggy, as I am waiting on Festy to answer a couple of issues I am having with it)
- Added a new "Interactive" weather map to the weather screens. You can drag the map with your finger, and double tap to zoom in. You can overlay radar & satellite images on top of either a map, or a satellite image. (From what I can see, the data so far only covers the United States) You can also adjust the transparency of the overlaid weather information. To zoom out as well as the other features, you will need to use the pretty small buttons to do so. The file is from weather.com, and can not be resized.
Here are a few Screen Captures:
- Media Copy Skin to allow you to easily copy Music, Video and Photo's from a thumb drive or other external device.
- System Stastics to show CPU Load, CPU HD & Case temperatures, fan speeds and more. (Uses Speed Fan as Mother Board Monitor is no longer being supported by the author)
- Settings Skin to allow many items in the skin to be customized from within the skin to include how the main menu is displayed, and choosing the logo that matches your vehicle
- Reverse Camera Skin to use a web cam or other video camera to display and/or record the video feed in the skin
- iGuidance Native Support with Wide screen, Tall screen, FULL SCREEN with a translucent button to return to the standard view, and optionally music info at the top of the screen.
- iGuidance "Pop-Up Menu" that allows FULL control of all features of iGuidance 3.0 UMPC with custom written scripts to do so.
- Skinned iGuidance QWERTY Keyboard LostReception created a QWERTY Keyboard to replace the alphabetical one in iGuidance 3.0! You can download the plugin from THIS THREAD Once you install it, you can replace the default images with the ones in the following . IGQwertyBlueDevilSkins.zip Just place the 2 Bmp's in the above zip in the SAME folder with the IGQwerty executable, and it will use the new images instead of the built in default ones.
- Destinator using "FreeDeive" written by CDRSkull
- Streets & Trips
- GPS Status screen. This uses Flash Gauges (included) to display gauges for speedometer, compass & Satellites Acquired. lots of other info also from RR Labels
- XM Satellite Radio
- Sirius Satellite Radio
- AM/FM Radio (Currently using Evolution's Radio Shark code now built into the latest version or Road Runner)
- GPS Gas Price FinderSkin & Files With the option, with a single click, to route you to a gas station of your choosing automatically with iGuidance.
- PHOCO With Dialing, SMS Messaging ect
- Photo viewer (Using Image Viewer a FANTASTIC little program created by gabepage. This program is small & fast and has many features! It embeds perfectly with no borders, and has zooming capabilities as well as a slide show feature. When an image is zoomed, it allows you to drag the picture around the screen by dragging on it with either your finger or a mouse.
- Skin Loader & Gamma Control, day / night skin switching
- Power Screen (Restart, Hibernate, Standby, Power Off, yadda yadda yadda..)
- Web Browser
- GPS Speed Volume control and advanced settings from within the skin
- Applications (Launch)
- Games Skin, (8 Touchscreen Friendly Games are included with the skin)
- Video Player
- TV skin
- CD Ripping
- Weather (With current & 5 day forecast. I also wrote a program to automatically download maps for Radar, Satellite and Temperature maps. Plus dynamically added favorite cities customizable on the skin itself. The Radar maps and satellite maps are animated.
- Equalizer/mixer screen
- On Screen Keyboard
- On Screen Number Keypad
- Advance Play list controls to append songs, replace, delete play lists, create new lists and many other features
- Valentine 1 Skin support for the Valentine 1 Radar Detector Computer software interface (Not linked, but included in the Skin Folder)
- Scanner Skin for the Arc15 Pro Scanner software (Not Linked, but included in the Skin Folder)
- Audio/MP3 Screens
- Audio browser screen, (With buttons to jump alphabetically through the list) I have over 900 CD's ripped to the drive, and scrolling is NOT an option!
- Standard" Play list screen With Buttons to load advanced Load & Save Play list screens
- Full Screen Music Player Minus the play list/browser lists, and with all pertinent song information, Play controls, with Album Art display, and large Visualization. This will be a nice screen to leave on while the music is playing. This is just an additional screen that is not NEEDED, but simply to implement some eye candy. All 3 screens are cross linked. GPS can also replace the "Visualization area" of the skin to have your GPS application embedded into the Audio Player screen.
This is the background chooser. Simply select a color or picture for your background, and press change to apply it. The preview window on the left gives a preview of what the skin will look like when it is changed.
GPS Stats / Gauges:
Music Player with semi transparent Visualization over the the of the Album Cover:
(The visualization can be changed by pressing the left and right side of the album cover art to cycle forward and back through the visualizations).